3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Glorious Vanity with a roll of 680 is pretty juicy for this build if you want extra chaos res.

Without additional pathing you will get:
- +4% Maximum Life
- +11% Lightning Resistance
- +26% Chaos Resistance
- +1 maximum Chaos Resistance

Taking one additional passive out of the way:
- + 8% Chaos Resistance

Very happy with the roll.
Is this a build you can start a league with on a scuffed version or will it be too lackluster until you get the correct uniques?
"
Haaaaps написал:
Is this a build you can start a league with on a scuffed version or will it be too lackluster until you get the correct uniques?
Mostly, you can get by without the specific items - or the items are cheap and common.

You will need at least the basic jewels though - primordial might, anima stone, and primordial harmony. 1 of each should be enough to push quite far.

Cluster jewels are going to be expensive without harvest crafting.

I'm not sure this would be the best build to league start with if you are one of the race folks who expects to be done the storyline and into maps in under 6 hours. If you're in the same boat as most and won't be there for at least a couple days, it should be fine.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
skibs написал:
Glorious Vanity with a roll of 680 is pretty juicy for this build if you want extra chaos res.

Without additional pathing you will get:
- +4% Maximum Life
- +11% Lightning Resistance
- +26% Chaos Resistance
- +1 maximum Chaos Resistance

Taking one additional passive out of the way:
- + 8% Chaos Resistance

Very happy with the roll.

That is amazing one. I did myself spend over 200 div and never got cult of chaos on that spot :( But i got one with minion damage/life node that was great with resists

"
Haaaaps написал:

100% league starter viable! I did write something about it in previous pages since i did start this as league starter (from act6->)

2x clayshaper is like 1alc/e and will carry you to tier 16 maps
"
Alvarohur написал:
Finally switched to non primordial chain, and is totally more powerfull. Im savin ex for buy the +5 staff, but before that i have a question. Do i need to change the other primordial jewels? I have 5 primordial harmony, is better to change for other ones?.
I have seen in poe.ninja that people are using skitterbots to apply vulnerability too, is there any in depht guide to follow this details of the build?

Carrion Golems don't really need cooldown that much. You basically use your cluster jewels and other required jewel (Might, Animat Stone, etc.), then you fill up what's left on the tree with the mix of Harmony/Eminence that give the most damage.

theGAM3Report has a lot of stuff about golems on his youtube channel, and a ~1h video guide about carrion golems, so you can take a look if you want more infos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDQwiVCj4M
Hey guys, me again, already got my Glorious Vanity jewel, currently at 85chaos resist and 76%everything, I have a couple of questions since i'm only 3 weeks in this game.

1- A level in a "summon stone golem" really increases dps like this? Should I rely in it?

2- Isn't concentrated effect better than multistrike? at least for bosses?

https://pastebin.com/2jyJ22J7

This is my pastebin, something I should change or improve? I have like 8ex now, thanks in advance guys!
"
eduaardobb написал:
Hey guys, me again, already got my Glorious Vanity jewel, currently at 85chaos resist and 76%everything, I have a couple of questions since i'm only 3 weeks in this game.

1- A level in a "summon stone golem" really increases dps like this? Should I rely in it?

2- Isn't concentrated effect better than multistrike? at least for bosses?

https://pastebin.com/2jyJ22J7

This is my pastebin, something I should change or improve? I have like 8ex now, thanks in advance guys!

1- Yes. Any spell gem benefit A LOT from gem levels. Usually when you play a caster (summoner is a caster), the more levels you have on your main dps gem, the better it is.

2- No. Multistrike make your golems repeat their attacks "for free" (no cooldown to wait) which is a ton of damage, especially for stone golems that are kind of slow at attacking. And Multistrike is basically THE gem you cant remove from a physical damage minion build anyway lol.

improvements:

- you are using 2 curses, but you dont have awakened curse on hit, neither Whisper of Doom is allocated. So only 1 of those 2 curses are applied. So get the gem or allocate Whisper of Doom
- level 21 stone golem -> more damage, regen.
- quality your lvl 20/0% gems (like impale, stone golem, brutaliy, etc.)
- quality your awakened generosity gem to get +1 linked gems
- call of the slaugther on 2 of your cluster jewels is not usefull, drop it for more life, resistance, etc.
- You have a Primordial Bond notable on one of you cluster jewel that is not allocated, take it = more regen.
- 2x fordibben taste isn't really usefull, use only one, and replace the other one by something usefull
- try to increase the attack rate of your stone golems to 3.0+ while maintaining the cooldown ratio (so they slam more)
Great build, I am really enjoying it. I do have some questions, however. I am new to these type of builds, but have read the guide multiple times and running my character very successfully at this point. My first question revolves around the last 4 ascendancy points. Both the offensive option and the defensive options are pretty "meh". I feel that if I never spent those last 4 points, it wouldn't be noticeable. But, maybe I am not understanding an important mechanic, so I'll try and be specific.

Defensive Suggestions from the guide

-Paragon of Calamity - The passive node to reach this only benefits us an extra 6% elemental resistance, which is helpful if not capped or over-capped (112+). The notable gives almost nothing to us - 8% reduced damage from an element that we were hit with recently. The rest of this notable doesn't seem useful at all, for this build.

-Pendulum of Destruction - The passive node to reach this is largely useless and the notable itself seems like it could be good for clearing maps, with some level of inconsistency (since it is only active half of the time - hence, the name Pendulum). But all around, pretty weak due to the lack of consistency.

Offensive Suggestions from the guide

-Shaper of Desolation - The passive node doesn't seem like it is something we can trigger. Can physical damage trigger freeze, shock or ignite? I didn't think it could. The notable reminds me of COE from Diablo 3. However, I don't see a reliable way to proc these elements as we do no elemental damage. I didn't think think that the lightning golem could trigger this. However, this is where my knowledge of mechanics around this type of thing are lacking. I was under the impression that, for example, shock required a crit from lightning damage and the magnitude of the crit determined the shock debuff value, which could go as high as 50% increase damage for 2 seconds. Can anyone clarify how this build makes use of this and the limitations of it? You can explain it like I am 5, as I really don't understand this part.

-Beacon of Ruin - Same question as above... No idea how this is getting procced in this build.

Anyhow, just wanted to thank you for posting your build. It is outstanding and really enjoyable to play. My first "pet" build in POE and I am having a blast. It is a nice break from melee.

Последняя редакция: ArchAngelGabe777. Время: 28 авг. 2020 г., 11:09:25
"
ArchAngelGabe777 написал:
Great build, I am really enjoying it. I do have some questions, however. I am new to these type of builds, but have read the guide multiple times and running my character very successfully at this point. My first question revolves around the last 4 ascendancy points. Both the offensive option and the defensive options are pretty "meh". I feel that if I never spent those last 4 points, it wouldn't be noticeable. But, maybe I am not understanding an important mechanic, so I'll try and be specific.

-Paragon of Calamity - The passive node to reach this only benefits us an extra 6% elemental resistance, which is helpful if not capped or over-capped (112+). The notable gives almost nothing to us - 8% reduced damage from an element that we were hit with recently. The rest of this notable doesn't seem useful at all, for this build.

-Pendulum of Destruction - The passive node to reach this is largely useless and the notable itself seems like it could be good for clearing maps, with some level of inconsistency (since it is only active half of the time - hence, the name Pendulum). But all around, pretty weak due to the lack of consistency.

-Shaper of Desolation - The passive node doesn't seem like it is something we can trigger. Can physical damage trigger freeze, shock or ignite? I didn't think it could. The notable reminds me of COE from Diablo 3. However, I don't see a reliable way to proc these elements as we do no elemental damage. I didn't think think that the lightning golem could trigger this. However, this is where my knowledge of mechanics around this type of thing are lacking. I was under the impression that, for example, shock required a crit from lightning damage and the magnitude of the crit determined the shock debuff value, which could go as high as 50% increase damage for 2 seconds. Can anyone clarify how this build makes use of this and the limitations of it? You can explain it like I am 5, as I really don't understand this part.

-Beacon of Ruin - Same question as above... No idea how this is getting procced in this build.

Anyhow, just wanted to thank you for posting your build. It is outstanding and really enjoyable to play. My first "pet" build in POE and I am having a blast. It is a nice break from melee.

You're right, the last two labyrinth runs are weak at best. Plenty of folks have pushed all content without bothering to go past the first 2 labs. But they do provide a bit of utility.

You're dead on with the defence route. Sure, it's better than without it, but not by a whole lot.

The offensive route.

Shaper of Desolation grants us confluxes, and the benefit to those is that any damage can trigger shock during shocking conflux, chill during chilling conflux, and so on. This means our physical damage *can* do this - emphasis on can, as it's not as simple as it looks. For shock, we still need to deal enough damage to crit, then we automatically get shock if shocking conflux is up, for instance. Chill just needs 1 point of damage. And the usual method of applying this would be through our curse on hit setup, except the common methods for those are storm brand or ball lightning, and those both will deal zero damage due to the no elemental bit on the cold iron point daggers.

The way around this is to have a jewel with added physical damage to spells, or use a physical based spell. For quite a while, I linked my movement skill, whirling blades, to curse on hit and punishment. Whirling blades is physical, so it deals damage, so it all worked. The downside was it doesn't curse in an area, so you don't end up cursing a lot of targets. Mind you, regular mobs don't tend to live long enough for you to cast a curse, so... /me shrugs.

Beacon of Ruin works as long as the previous conflux kicked in.

In my testing, I found I could shock and chill high tier map bosses with whirling blades, which really doesn't deal much damage. I couldn't verify this on end game bosses - conquerors, shaper, elder, etc, because there's too much on screen to see the visual effects.

Bottom line though. The defence option really does add some incremental defense. The offense option really does add some incremental offense. Neither is really that important. I chose the offense option because we already have a lot of defense, and I'm not playing hardcore. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 написал:
"
ArchAngelGabe777 написал:

You're right, the last two labyrinth runs are weak at best. Plenty of folks have pushed all content without bothering to go past the first 2 labs. But they do provide a bit of utility.

You're dead on with the defence route. Sure, it's better than without it, but not by a whole lot.

The offensive route.

Shaper of Desolation grants us confluxes, and the benefit to those is that any damage can trigger shock during shocking conflux, chill during chilling conflux, and so on. This means our physical damage *can* do this - emphasis on can, as it's not as simple as it looks. For shock, we still need to deal enough damage to crit, then we automatically get shock if shocking conflux is up, for instance. Chill just needs 1 point of damage. And the usual method of applying this would be through our curse on hit setup, except the common methods for those are storm brand or ball lightning, and those both will deal zero damage due to the no elemental bit on the cold iron point daggers.

The way around this is to have a jewel with added physical damage to spells, or use a physical based spell. For quite a while, I linked my movement skill, whirling blades, to curse on hit and punishment. Whirling blades is physical, so it deals damage, so it all worked. The downside was it doesn't curse in an area, so you don't end up cursing a lot of targets. Mind you, regular mobs don't tend to live long enough for you to cast a curse, so... /me shrugs.

Beacon of Ruin works as long as the previous conflux kicked in.

In my testing, I found I could shock and chill high tier map bosses with whirling blades, which really doesn't deal much damage. I couldn't verify this on end game bosses - conquerors, shaper, elder, etc, because there's too much on screen to see the visual effects.

Bottom line though. The defense option really does add some incremental defense. The offense option really does add some incremental offense. Neither is really that important. I chose the offense option because we already have a lot of defense, and I'm not playing hardcore. :)

Thanks for the explanation. I picked storm burst to apply my curses, as I didn't really like the brands. I had thought of using twirling blades as my movement skill, but it can't change elevation like Dash/Flame Dash. That said, I am still trying to figure out my personal preferences. I could drop a curse and replace that gem with fortify and manually apply a second curse - or I could drop the second curse altogether. I am trying to get all the in and outs figured out to my preference - finding the perfect level of survivability vs damage. I am coming from a super tanky MS build that I created. 8200 HP, 60K Armour, Crit Immune, Elemental Ailment Immune, Bleed Immune. So even though this build is tanky (and it is!) it still isn't quite what I am used too. Trying to get all the kinks out so I can play this as my primary build next league (unless there are drastic changes).

In a lot of ways, I feel that not having harvest is going to be quite a difficult adjustment. Finding a piece of gear that is 90% there, and slapping on a few add/remove chaos res, etc... I am going to miss that. Depending on what they announce for the new league, my guess is that a lot of builds are going to be considerably weaker or much more expensive to gear. But who knows, maybe something in the new league will obsolete everything else thus far. Anyhow, thanks for the information and explanation of the mechanics for those nodes. I appreciate it.
Последняя редакция: ArchAngelGabe777. Время: 28 авг. 2020 г., 16:20:50

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация