Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
I replaced them with the 4 passives including Sanctuary and then 2 random passuves that aid in spell block. Prior to this, I had 5k life and 500 ES. Now I have 4.5k life and 550 ES but I have a good deal more damage reduction from blocking. Prior to this change, my character menu did not show my spell block %. Now it shows 31% which after Bone Offering gives me 46% block for spell damage if I am understanding correctly. This is why I am so curious how the above poster states his spell blocknus 75%. I'd love to get an extra 30% from somewhere.

When you see no spell block % chance, that's because you have zero - which was the case when you had no spell block passives, and Bone Offering wasn't active. Now that you have a 16% spell block chance on the passive tree, plus the double from Glancing Blows, it's showing 32% (or 31, maybe a rounding error there). Now when Bone Offering triggers, you get another 28% (the half from Mistress of Sacrifice and double from Glancing Blows offset one another) putting you at 60%. If you want that last 15%, you need to find another 8% (which would then be doubled from Glancing Blows) - either more passive nodes, or something like a shield mod for additional spell block chance.
"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
Скрытый текст
@Wrecker_Of_Days thanks for reply my friend. I apologize for the confusion. My comment about the hybrid build was referring to the poster whose comment I quoted ... the one that referred to 75% block on both attack and spell damage.

As to my life, ironically justice few minutes prior to your viewing my profile, I altered my passives and removed 6 of the 5% life passives. I replaced them with the 4 passives including Sanctuary and then 2 random passuves that aid in spell block. Prior to this, I had 5k life and 500 ES. Now I have 4.5k life and 550 ES but I have a good deal more damage reduction from blocking. Prior to this change, my character menu did not show my spell block %. Now it shows 31% which after Bone Offering gives me 46% block for spell damage if I am understanding correctly. This is why I am so curious how the above poster states his spell blocknus 75%. I'd love to get an extra 30% from somewhere.

In the meantime, I feel less squishy now even with less max life. I will continue to upgrade my gear and make life a priority. Atm I am broke after acquiring my double +1 gem wand.
Hey dlvbrown1969!

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Good job adding more life. That's a must for all builds. You can hit 75% Attack Block by simply having your Shield, Glancing Blows, and Bone Offering up. It'll be hard to see your tooltip with Bone Offering up but it's there. Glancing Blows literally doubles your block chance. So having your shield at 29% is already 58% block chance before Bone Offering is even triggered.

I'm glad you feel less squishy. It'll make farming for gear that much easier :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 5 нояб. 2020 г., 13:55:14
"
ineffablebob написал:
"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
I replaced them with the 4 passives including Sanctuary and then 2 random passuves that aid in spell block. Prior to this, I had 5k life and 500 ES. Now I have 4.5k life and 550 ES but I have a good deal more damage reduction from blocking. Prior to this change, my character menu did not show my spell block %. Now it shows 31% which after Bone Offering gives me 46% block for spell damage if I am understanding correctly. This is why I am so curious how the above poster states his spell blocknus 75%. I'd love to get an extra 30% from somewhere.

When you see no spell block % chance, that's because you have zero - which was the case when you had no spell block passives, and Bone Offering wasn't active. Now that you have a 16% spell block chance on the passive tree, plus the double from Glancing Blows, it's showing 32% (or 31, maybe a rounding error there). Now when Bone Offering triggers, you get another 28% (the half from Mistress of Sacrifice and double from Glancing Blows offset one another) putting you at 60%. If you want that last 15%, you need to find another 8% (which would then be doubled from Glancing Blows) - either more passive nodes, or something like a shield mod for additional spell block chance.

Thanks for explaining. It makes more sense now.
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
Скрытый текст
@Wrecker_Of_Days thanks for reply my friend. I apologize for the confusion. My comment about the hybrid build was referring to the poster whose comment I quoted ... the one that referred to 75% block on both attack and spell damage.

As to my life, ironically justice few minutes prior to your viewing my profile, I altered my passives and removed 6 of the 5% life passives. I replaced them with the 4 passives including Sanctuary and then 2 random passuves that aid in spell block. Prior to this, I had 5k life and 500 ES. Now I have 4.5k life and 550 ES but I have a good deal more damage reduction from blocking. Prior to this change, my character menu did not show my spell block %. Now it shows 31% which after Bone Offering gives me 46% block for spell damage if I am understanding correctly. This is why I am so curious how the above poster states his spell blocknus 75%. I'd love to get an extra 30% from somewhere.

In the meantime, I feel less squishy now even with less max life. I will continue to upgrade my gear and make life a priority. Atm I am broke after acquiring my double +1 gem wand.
Hey dlvbrown1969!

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Good job adding more life. That's a must for all builds. You can hit 75% Attack Block by simply having your Shield, Glancing Blows, and Bone Offering up. It'll be hard to see your tooltip with Bone Offering up but it's there. Glancing Blows literally doubles your block chance. So having your shield at 29% is already 58% block chance before Bone Offering is even triggered.

I'm glad you feel less squishy. It'll make farming for gear that much easier :)

Thanks for reply. You'll be pleased to know that I upgraded a couple pieces of gear and now once again have 5k life with 500 ES. I have 78% to all resists and 75% to chaos. It's still a work in progress but I am feeling stronger with the build now.

Edit: and ... I just undid a bunch of passives and allocated a large jewel cluster. Back down to 4500 life. But my minions kill things so much faster which means my life is not in jeopardy as much. I am 92 now and I plan to gain life each additional passive I can from here on out. Of course, the best laid plans....
Последняя редакция: dlvbrown1969. Время: 6 нояб. 2020 г., 14:29:42
My two cents on Spectres ...

I am playing Heist and as such I allocate chunks of time to either running maps or running Heists. I think it is "worth it" to switch up Spectres based on what content you are facing.

To me, the hardest thing about mapping is the boss. As such, I want to boost my zombie damage because I feel they are better at single target than my other Spectre selections. So, I use 1x Carnage Chieftain, 1x Host Chieftan, 1x Ruins Hellion and 1x Kitava Herald.

For Heists, to me the hardest part is opening the doors after the alarm has sounded. Sometimes there are many dozens of monsters waiting. As such, I have been using 4x Kitava Heralds. They tend to clear those doorways remarkably fast while I hide on the safe side of the door.

This is what I use. What do you all use?
Последняя редакция: dlvbrown1969. Время: 6 нояб. 2020 г., 21:11:26
Hi Wrecker_of_Days

I logged to the forum just to thank you very much for your guides. I just started playing POE in last league (Harvest) and I followed your RF Happy Chieftain build. For beginners, POE can be really difficult as it has a very steep learning curve. However, with your build it made the game very much enjoyable. Thanks to your build, I was able clear T16 content and farmed it easily. At that stage, I was already very comfortable in the game and knew how to make adjustments to my gear based on your Dream weapons and modification as I was not playing in SSF and could easily buy the gear I need from the Market. I bought a chest with Explode and just felt sorry for the monsters dying in mere seconds front of my eyes.

So naturally when 3.12 hit, I was waiting tirelessly for your Bone Zombies build to be completed. Again, when I followed your build, I cleared the game very quickly and was able to farm T16 content till I was able to afford an expensive end game gear where I can kill Uber bosses in mere minutes.

So I Just wanted to say to you thank you very much for your builds. I really appreciate the time you put into writing your guides. It really helped me when I was first getting into the game. I read a lot of guides, but I like the ones you create the most in these forum.
"
dlvbrown1969 написал:
Скрытый текст
Thanks for reply. You'll be pleased to know that I upgraded a couple pieces of gear and now once again have 5k life with 500 ES. I have 78% to all resists and 75% to chaos. It's still a work in progress but I am feeling stronger with the build now.

Edit: and ... I just undid a bunch of passives and allocated a large jewel cluster. Back down to 4500 life. But my minions kill things so much faster which means my life is not in jeopardy as much. I am 92 now and I plan to gain life each additional passive I can from here on out. Of course, the best laid plans....
Awesome dlvbrown1969!

Nice changes. The one nice thing about hitting a wall is seeing the value of minor changes. As you go along and tweak things, you can really start seeing the difference with minor investments. Awesome job and I'm glad your build is working better for you!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
LoLNooB7 написал:
Скрытый текст
Hi Wrecker_of_Days

I logged to the forum just to thank you very much for your guides. I just started playing POE in last league (Harvest) and I followed your RF Happy Chieftain build. For beginners, POE can be really difficult as it has a very steep learning curve. However, with your build it made the game very much enjoyable. Thanks to your build, I was able clear T16 content and farmed it easily. At that stage, I was already very comfortable in the game and knew how to make adjustments to my gear based on your Dream weapons and modification as I was not playing in SSF and could easily buy the gear I need from the Market. I bought a chest with Explode and just felt sorry for the monsters dying in mere seconds front of my eyes.

So naturally when 3.12 hit, I was waiting tirelessly for your Bone Zombies build to be completed. Again, when I followed your build, I cleared the game very quickly and was able to farm T16 content till I was able to afford an expensive end game gear where I can kill Uber bosses in mere minutes.

So I Just wanted to say to you thank you very much for your builds. I really appreciate the time you put into writing your guides. It really helped me when I was first getting into the game. I read a lot of guides, but I like the ones you create the most in these forum.
Thank you LoLNooB7!

What a wonderful message. Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to be so encouraging. Feedback is important and it's wonderful when it's so kind (though I always want it to be honest so the guides can improve). So thank you for all you mentioned in the post. It means a lot both personally and for the sake of the guides. You touched on a lot of points I try to focus on :). Sorry Bone Zombies took so long to get out this league. Hopefully, 3.13 doesn't have too much to change in each guide so everything can be ready for launch.

Thanks again for your kindness. Thanks for taking the time to be so edifying.

Annnnnd

Hi,

pls look at your gloves...

Cast when damage taken support: "this gem can only support skill gems requiring level 54 or lower"

Your carrion golem is in this gem setup on your gloves broken and will not be summoned because its level is to high?

"
jebo80 написал:
Скрытый текст
Hi,

pls look at your gloves...

Cast when damage taken support: "this gem can only support skill gems requiring level 54 or lower"

Your carrion golem is in this gem setup on your gloves broken and will not be summoned because its level is to high?
Hey jebo80!

Yup. CwDT isn't supporting my Golem at the moment because the Golem is too high. When I repec'd this build for the guide, I had a 20/20 Golem kicking around that I could use but I didn't have a 20/20 CwDT. So when my CwDT gem got to level 20, I vendored it to level 1, but 20%. It'll be up to 20/20 and supporting the in no time. Thanks for pointing it out!

Annnnnd

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация