[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
Gryphenprey написал:

You can still do that. heck, I'm considering doing the self hit without the self ignite just for the CWDT stuff (I really like being immune to ailemts, lol)

I plan to go Original Sin eventually which will make igniting enemies to self damage...complicated.

ohhh shit thats what I like to hear

which POB/build for it?
sorry I'm casual af/havent played in a few leagues so I'm not knowledgeable enough to do the math myself

edit: but if it's too much work, I'll figure it out eventually
Последняя редакция: T0RSE. Время: 16 дек. 2023 г., 20:35:38
"
T0RSE написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:

You can still do that. heck, I'm considering doing the self hit without the self ignite just for the CWDT stuff (I really like being immune to ailemts, lol)

I plan to go Original Sin eventually which will make igniting enemies to self damage...complicated.

ohhh shit thats what I like to hear

which POB/build for it?
sorry I'm casual af/havent played in a few leagues so I'm not knowledgeable enough to do the math myself

edit: but if it's too much work, I'll figure it out eventually

I have a POB for the OS version.
Kinda scuffing it until then while I figure out what works best for me.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
I have a POB for the OS version.
Kinda scuffing it until then while I figure out what works best for me.

Gotcha. I'll do the same. Thanks! 👍
"
SniggidyDiggidy написал:

So I did some PoBing yesterday using VD of seething. Dropped spell cascade and going off of the 5 desecrate corpses and 5 VD balls/corpse explodes per cast. Since old VD balls explode when reaching ball cap (10), should have solid damage between with both aspects combined.

Was going for a similar setup to the original build using hybrid life/es on a cheap budget, so making use of Burden of Truth and a regen energy shield on corpse consumption charm + insta es leech to sustain es (hopefully) through eye of innocence damage.

Overall, looks pretty promising (20m dps so far) on about 10-15 divines of gear. This league, charms can provide tons of utility (endurance charge when hit, cannot be stunned while leeching, power charge on crit, es regen per corpse…)

Let me know if you do any exploring yourself. Planning to make this my second build.

Any chance you could share the work in progress POB?
Последняя редакция: toddmc. Время: 17 дек. 2023 г., 22:26:58
For anyone interested, heres my current Pob using the traditional self ignite VD/spell cascade setup. I found that my ramp was too slow to feel good with vd of seething/no spell cascade.

Making use of leash of oblation to get triple offering and leverage all of the offering effect this league.

I’ve also been playing around with forbidden rite vs. ball lightning in the lvl 1 cwdt setup for more triggers.

https://pobb.in/2gmy26CEcLA1

Think the corpse explosion damage might be a bit inflated though. Any one know how many corpse explode hits we get with VD and spell cascade? Also, is 90k corpse life accurate?
Последняя редакция: SniggidyDiggidy. Время: 18 дек. 2023 г., 9:20:21
Ok did some research and my corpse life is way off. Should be 23,420 factoring in 15% chance for kitavas herald spawn and 10% increased corpse life from the tree. Also VD balls should be set to 12 per cast with awakened spell cascade. Will fix when im home later.

Still unsure how many times VD corpse explosion actually hits with awakened spell cascade and the less aoe mod on it.
Последняя редакция: SniggidyDiggidy. Время: 18 дек. 2023 г., 11:52:25
"
SniggidyDiggidy написал:
Ok did some research and my corpse life is way off. Should be 23,420 factoring in 15% chance for kitavas herald spawn and 10% increased corpse life from the tree. Also VD balls should be set to 12 per cast with awakened spell cascade. Will fix when im home later.

Still unsure how many times VD corpse explosion actually hits with awakened spell cascade and the less aoe mod on it.

Gotta get some Charms with like 18-20% increased corpse life. It's such a huge damage multiplier.

For single target ramping, I use an arcanist brand+desecrate to produce more corpses to consume. It's basically a damage doubler.
"
SniggidyDiggidy написал:
Should be 23,420 factoring in 15% chance for kitavas herald spawn and 10% increased corpse life from the tree.
Any background data on how you generated the 23,420 figure?

Haven't touched corpse life in a long time so out of touch with the various rules of thumb these days.

iirc...
Corpse Life = Base Monster Life per level * Monster Variety Life Modifier * Map Difficulty Modifier

The base monster life can be grabbed https://poedb.tw/us/Monster#MonsterStats.

The 'actual' monster life per mob type per monster level can be grabbed on their individual pages (e.g. for capped %HP it'd be https://poedb.tw/us/Kitavas_Herald) so combining with the base monster life data and %HP for the monster variety can generate a pretty solid approximation of the Map Difficulty modifier... Are a full list of these available anywhere? Couldn't find them easily beyond a few references to x2.17 for Lvl84 monster areas which checks out perfectly for Lvl84 Kitava Heralds. Looked about ~x2.1 for Lvl83?

So those two aren't too bad, we have enough to generate them. Just leaves having to come up with an approximation for the average %HP modifier per zone (have there been any significant to changes to this in recent patches or is it still skewed heavily stronger/weaker in some zones [invitations/cortex/synthesis used to be the higher end iirc] for a high variance?).

Back in the day I remember Badger's DD calculator using an assumed x1.5 average (pre any inflation with either tree corpse life or spectre corpses) which seemed fairly robust at the time. Has it changed since then?

Glancing at your figure and assuming that's for T16/Lvl83 it looks like a ~x1.3 average after including both the 10% from tree and the chance of spawning the x3.6 spectre have been included. Is that the right ballpark? Has there been any testing done to generate that or is it a commonly used 'lower-ish end' approximation?

Massively out of touch with this so apologies for any mistakes there. Not doubting/questioning the original figure just on how I might get to it.
Последняя редакция: TsuDhoNim. Время: 19 дек. 2023 г., 7:43:54
I'm so thankful for yall doing all the math
and ty SniggidyDiggidy for posting your POB! I'm using a combination of that and Gryph's old build and hoping for the best.

I'm still levelling and made a few bad choices for which nodes to select first (I don't have nearly enough crit RIP)
but it seems promising 👍

though I wont be able to afford the awakened gems or the watcher's eye, I at least got the staff and other required uniques
Последняя редакция: T0RSE. Время: 19 дек. 2023 г., 18:43:15
No problem! After multiple days of tinkering, i've finally settled on a setup that I think performs the best and is the smoothest. I initially had issues with mana sustain against single tanky monsters (affliction empowered harvest rares or map bosses). Today I switch to eb/mom using diadem, and went lowlife with petrified blood.

I am also using a divine blessing setup: haste(mapping for speed, vaal haste too)/zealotry(bossing for damage).

Overall, dps is around 33m using zealotry, 25m of it being pure spell VD.

For my corpse life calculation I used the information below:

Base corpse life in ilvl 83 maps: 15319
Desecrate chance to spawn a kitavas herald: 15%
Kitavas herald life multiplier: 360% or 3.6x
Corpse multiplier from tree: 1.1x

Took the weighted average of corpse spawns as follows:
(15319)(.85) + (15319)(3.6)(.15) = 21293.41
(21293.41)(1.1) = 23422.751

23422 corpse life is what I am using in my PoB below:

https://pobb.in/1mwYMgyrahf0

PS...The reason I have 9 hits set for the corpse explosion is because I did some testing using self poison to see how many hits it actually had with awakened spell cascade. Results showed 9 hits with the 30% inc aoe from plaguebringer, 7 hits without it.
Последняя редакция: SniggidyDiggidy. Время: 20 дек. 2023 г., 0:22:58

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация