[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
SniggidyDiggidy написал:

The solution i found for this was using the mana mastery - 10% damage taken recouped as mana, and then also running forbidden rite instead of ball lightning in my utility lvl 1 cwdt. Ultimately though, i switched to eb/mom with the es on hit watchers eye and es leech and there are no issues with es sustain.

I actually figured out one thing, the life mastery "skills cost life instead of 30% of mana cost"
though I'm still not sure what the 30% of mana cost part is referring to, it has solved all of my mana issues. also it doesn't seem to noticeably affect my life.. although I don't have half of the CWDTs set up yet because I had shit luck linking my staff and wasted all of my fusings. only have one offering and one curse set up :/

EDIT: actually I remember taking huge hits now. maybe that was some CWDTs triggering. that or just unlucky crits. I think my health is still really low, I haven't taken many life nodes yet

I'm not sure if I can afford a good enough claw to justify that switch yet :(

but I will check out the other things you suggested too! since I can actually farm maps again because mana is fixed, I can play around with that and gryph's recent link.
I really want the crit mastery for +3 level crit gems. sounds fun. also swapped spell cascade for increased crits. so far feels better but I'm still in baby mode so unsure.

I think I'm either hitting some sort of cap on triggers or I'm still not critting enough. boss damage seems inconsistent

EDIT 3: maybe I'm not spawning enough corpses RE inconsistent damage 🙃

EDIT 2: I read that we have a 50% chance to avoid being stunned if we have at least 1 ES. I also got that jewel with Unwavering Focus for an additional 50% chance to avoid being stunned while channeling. I tossed an additional 20% chance to avoid on my gloves, because it was 4am and I didnt realize I already hit 100%. but I'm still getting stunned while I still have ES up and am cycloning. was the internet wrong about the "at least 1 ES" thing?
Последняя редакция: T0RSE. Время: 20 дек. 2023 г., 17:05:21
"
T0RSE написал:
"
SniggidyDiggidy написал:

The solution i found for this was using the mana mastery - 10% damage taken recouped as mana, and then also running forbidden rite instead of ball lightning in my utility lvl 1 cwdt. Ultimately though, i switched to eb/mom with the es on hit watchers eye and es leech and there are no issues with es sustain.

I actually figured out one thing, the life mastery "skills cost life instead of 30% of mana cost"
though I'm still not sure what the 30% of mana cost part is referring to, it has solved all of my mana issues. also it doesn't seem to noticeably affect my life.. although I don't have half of the CWDTs set up yet because I had shit luck linking my staff and wasted all of my fusings. only have one offering and one curse set up :/

edit: actually I remember taking huge hits now. maybe that was some CWDTs triggering. that or just unlucky crits. I think my health is still really low, I haven't taken many life nodes yet

I'm not sure if I can afford a good enough claw to justify that switch yet :(

but I will check out the other things you suggested too! since I can actually farm maps again because mana is fixed, I can play around with that and gryph's recent link.
I really want the crit mastery for +3 level crit gems. sounds fun. also swapped spell cascade for increased crits. so far feels better but I'm still in baby mode so unsure.

I think I'm either hitting some sort of cap on triggers or I'm still not critting enough. boss damage seems inconsistent

EDIT 2: I read that we have a 50% chance to avoid being stunned if we have at least 1 ES. I also got that jewel with Unwavering Focus for an additional 50% chance to avoid being stunned while channeling. I tossed an additional 20% chance to avoid on my gloves, because it was 4am and I didnt realize I already hit 100%. but I'm still getting stunned while I still have ES up and am cycloning. was the internet wrong about the "at least 1 ES" thing?

The chance to avoid stuns while you have ES is multiplicative with other sources, not additive. So 50% to avoid stun+having ES is 75% chance to avoid, not 100%.

The mastery for 30% of mana cost is life is just going to take 30% of the base mana cost and make it life cost. Each cost is then reduced by cost reductions separately. It's good if mana is a problem as a nice little bandaid fix.

"
Gryphenprey написал:
The chance to avoid stuns while you have ES is multiplicative with other sources, not additive. So 50% to avoid stun+having ES is 75% chance to avoid, not 100%.

The mastery for 30% of mana cost is life is just going to take 30% of the base mana cost and make it life cost. Each cost is then reduced by cost reductions separately. It's good if mana is a problem as a nice little bandaid fix.

d'oh

thank you! dumping more stun avoidance in now
My current 52% CDR pob for anyone interested:

https://pobb.in/wjBPB5CqSqL5

Damage is insane, and the faster ramp at 52% cdr feels really nice. No cdr on gear affixes needed, just boot implicit and charms.
I'm considering switching to CI like gryph's last posted build

my league starter character is CI ice storm and he somehow has way higher survivability than the armor/block on my witch (for way less currency). maybe it's just the trickster ascendancies though...

but I'm also interested in trying that CDR 🤔
I'll try to see if I can mash the two together on 100c + the gear between my two characters

edit: I just realized......... I'm not using the self ignite ring on the self ignite build. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN
Последняя редакция: T0RSE. Время: 22 дек. 2023 г., 19:12:22
"
T0RSE написал:
I'm considering switching to CI like gryph's last posted build

my league starter character is CI ice storm and he somehow has way higher survivability than the armor/block on my witch (for way less currency). maybe it's just the trickster ascendancies though...

but I'm also interested in trying that CDR 🤔
I'll try to see if I can mash the two together on 100c + the gear between my two characters

edit: I just realized......... I'm not using the self ignite ring on the self ignite build. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Aegis just makes any ES+Block character giga tanky. Combine that with +5 max cold res from it and Melding of the Flesh and you can stack mas res as well. Good stuff.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
Aegis just makes any ES+Block character giga tanky. Combine that with +5 max cold res from it and Melding of the Flesh and you can stack mas res as well. Good stuff.

I'm using a staff on my CI guy, and have the same staff block nodes as this VD character. I don't think I can afford a claw yet, I still have some other things I need like That Which Was Taken. but I have your PoB saved and will look into the aegis eventually 👍
"
T0RSE написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:

I'm using a staff on my CI guy, and have the same staff block nodes as this VD character. I don't think I can afford a claw yet, I still have some other things I need like That Which Was Taken. but I have your PoB saved and will look into the aegis eventually 👍

Honestly, I was using the staff for a while as CI. Was dying a little too often for my liking so I swapped to Aegis+Claw. Also means I don't need any accuracy since I can slap on "Hits Can't Be Evaded" onto my weapon. :)
"
Gryphenprey написал:

Honestly, I was using the staff for a while as CI. Was dying a little too often for my liking so I swapped to Aegis+Claw. Also means I don't need any accuracy since I can slap on "Hits Can't Be Evaded" onto my weapon. :)

Ahhhh you're really sellin the claw case

what stats do I NEED for it?

Edit: also how important is the unique chest? I just dropped 2 div on a rare chest with offerings enchant
Edit2: nvm it converts damage into chaos, which I'd be immune to. duh. also sorry for spamming, I have 0 people to talk to this game about
Последняя редакция: T0RSE. Время: 23 дек. 2023 г., 14:14:07
"
T0RSE написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:

Ahhhh you're really sellin the claw case

what stats do I NEED for it?

Edit: also how important is the unique chest? I just dropped 2 div on a rare chest with offerings enchant
Edit2: nvm it converts damage into chaos, which I'd be immune to. duh. also sorry for spamming, I have 0 people to talk to this game about

There's a link to my Discord channel at the top of the guide if you need an outlet :P

Claw is mainly for the mana gain on hit which solves a lot of potential issues for the build:
No Regen Maps, 90% reduced recovery ultimatums, etc...

can be a Sceptre if you don't care about those things.

As for what to look for:
If you can mana to get the 1 additional craft enchant base, that makes crafting one easy. Otherwise it's a bit of a slog because you have to have Crit and Attack speed on it to perform optimally. Realistically it just means you lose attack speed because you'd just get a fractured crit chance base and go for unveil on fire damage or Trigger, then multimod for hits can't be evaded and the one you're missing.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация