[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
sizzzzzzz написал:
Hi All,

want to say again thank you Gryph for that nice build. In the meantime it has become my all-time favorite build because it´s so balanced defence/offence vise.

In Delve i stuck at around depth 600 because apparently there is reflect even if it´s not in the biome description. Read the last post with Detonate Dead at level 1 for atziri reflect and it solves my problem ;-) Currently im at 640 depth and still kill a Crystal King without any hassle

Here are my current setup. Also a pastebin https://pastebin.com/FuQgmZ6E

I still stick with a Watchers Eye with Life/Energy on hit because it´s free up a ring slot for more damage, life and resists. Of course i likely do suiciding if i forgot to pop Cinderswallow before jumping in a big pack. But to be honest thats rarely a issue and always my fault.

My last project was the body armour. I want to craft explode and offering as elevated mod. I start with a vaal regalia because it would give me 500 extra energy shield. Failed 5 times with bought maven orbs to hit the explode mod. Not to say that i didn´t even try to hit offering on the other chest. Decided to farm the maven orbs myself after 10 Maven´s without a maven orb i was so upset to buy a base body armor with elevated explode and offering for 40ex and craft the rest to my satisfaction. Unfortunately there a only astral plates to buy with needed stats.. and still need to divine it.

Next possible upgrades
- have enough avoid being stunned on cluster jewels/jewels to skip Lucidity. The 3 passive points could be invested in life or a Megalomaniac with Fettle, block chance and maybe some damage or more life. The lose of Overlord must be compensated with a large cluster jewel with overlord.
- Craft any other gear with elevated mods
- Hit T1 Accuracy on the helmet to switch the alternate quality on the staff to elemental damage
- Craft a helmet with a better enchantment
- Buy a watchers eye with life/energy shield gain on hit with a good Anger damage mod
- Buy a 21/20 divergent bone offering gem

Some min-max things you might like:

Drop Annihilation, Arcane Potency, and Lucidity. (8 points total)

Repath through AOE instead of spell crit at witch start (AOE is VERY good for DD)

To replace Lucidity you need -3 channeling skills craft on ring and some stun avoidance implicit jewels.

Spell crit/crit multi is actually pretty weak for Detonate Dead as at least half our damage comes from the corpse explosions which do not benefit from these nodes. Instead, invest into a second cluster tree with 1 large and 1 medium cluster. You get 2 jewel sockets in this process (1 for you), a large of your choice (I went for more spell block and Essence Rush for ES leech source...also lazy cuz I already had it) and a medium curse cluster with Wish for Death and Evil Eye.

This gives you culling strike on all skills, not just CWDT, and saves a socket. Evil Eye blinds EVERYTHING which is an amazing defensive tool. Also comes with some damage.

I dropped culling strike for Ball Lightning for the extra recovery+range for combustion+curse+blind debuffs.

Also dropped Blade Blast (unnerve on gloves) and fit it Woke Hextouch+Enfeeble for another layer. That might be harder for you bc of vitality though. (I mean if you're dead set on not use Ngamahu's ring you can use another Unset :P)

At any rate, you can check out what I've done with mine for comparison.

"
Does anyone know what would be easiest way to craft a flammability on hit ring with T1 dex roll?

I would buy an unset with Life+T1 Dex (temple mod life for extra flex ofc) and clean it up with harvest (remove mods you don't want). Craft cannot roll attack modifiers, slam with warlord exalt, and use Harvest to augment caster mod and the remove/add caster until flammability. 1/4 for T1/2 Flamma. 1/8 for exactly T1.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
The issue is that you haven't taken the Staff Crit nodes which you should have by level 70. Your crit is going to be really low without those.
Thanks Gryph! Looking over the POB I definitely did miss those key nodes. I have one question though. How did you refund JUST the spell damage minor passives here at the beginning?

In the POB you respecced out of those and went for the 2 intelligence nodes on the left instead to save 2 points. Did you have to respect your entire tree to get those back? Or is there some trick I'm missing?
Последняя редакция: Karved. Время: 22 февр. 2021 г., 10:51:32
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
sizzzzzzz написал:
Hi All,

want to say again thank you Gryph for that nice build. In the meantime it has become my all-time favorite build because it´s so balanced defence/offence vise.

In Delve i stuck at around depth 600 because apparently there is reflect even if it´s not in the biome description. Read the last post with Detonate Dead at level 1 for atziri reflect and it solves my problem ;-) Currently im at 640 depth and still kill a Crystal King without any hassle

Here are my current setup. Also a pastebin https://pastebin.com/FuQgmZ6E

I still stick with a Watchers Eye with Life/Energy on hit because it´s free up a ring slot for more damage, life and resists. Of course i likely do suiciding if i forgot to pop Cinderswallow before jumping in a big pack. But to be honest thats rarely a issue and always my fault.

My last project was the body armour. I want to craft explode and offering as elevated mod. I start with a vaal regalia because it would give me 500 extra energy shield. Failed 5 times with bought maven orbs to hit the explode mod. Not to say that i didn´t even try to hit offering on the other chest. Decided to farm the maven orbs myself after 10 Maven´s without a maven orb i was so upset to buy a base body armor with elevated explode and offering for 40ex and craft the rest to my satisfaction. Unfortunately there a only astral plates to buy with needed stats.. and still need to divine it.

Next possible upgrades
- have enough avoid being stunned on cluster jewels/jewels to skip Lucidity. The 3 passive points could be invested in life or a Megalomaniac with Fettle, block chance and maybe some damage or more life. The lose of Overlord must be compensated with a large cluster jewel with overlord.
- Craft any other gear with elevated mods
- Hit T1 Accuracy on the helmet to switch the alternate quality on the staff to elemental damage
- Craft a helmet with a better enchantment
- Buy a watchers eye with life/energy shield gain on hit with a good Anger damage mod
- Buy a 21/20 divergent bone offering gem

Some min-max things you might like:

Drop Annihilation, Arcane Potency, and Lucidity. (8 points total)

Repath through AOE instead of spell crit at witch start (AOE is VERY good for DD)

To replace Lucidity you need -3 channeling skills craft on ring and some stun avoidance implicit jewels.

Spell crit/crit multi is actually pretty weak for Detonate Dead as at least half our damage comes from the corpse explosions which do not benefit from these nodes. Instead, invest into a second cluster tree with 1 large and 1 medium cluster. You get 2 jewel sockets in this process (1 for you), a large of your choice (I went for more spell block and Essence Rush for ES leech source...also lazy cuz I already had it) and a medium curse cluster with Wish for Death and Evil Eye.

This gives you culling strike on all skills, not just CWDT, and saves a socket. Evil Eye blinds EVERYTHING which is an amazing defensive tool. Also comes with some damage.

I dropped culling strike for Ball Lightning for the extra recovery+range for combustion+curse+blind debuffs.

Also dropped Blade Blast (unnerve on gloves) and fit it Woke Hextouch+Enfeeble for another layer. That might be harder for you bc of vitality though. (I mean if you're dead set on not use Ngamahu's ring you can use another Unset :P)

At any rate, you can check out what I've done with mine for comparison.

"
Does anyone know what would be easiest way to craft a flammability on hit ring with T1 dex roll?

I would buy an unset with Life+T1 Dex (temple mod life for extra flex ofc) and clean it up with harvest (remove mods you don't want). Craft cannot roll attack modifiers, slam with warlord exalt, and use Harvest to augment caster mod and the remove/add caster until flammability. 1/4 for T1/2 Flamma. 1/8 for exactly T1.

Oh very good points im not thinking about, especially dropping also Annihilation and Arcane Potency for the extra large and medium cluster jewel. I think i will give it a try in the evening. The ring for -3 while channeling is still prepared just must remove the bench add fire damage craft.
The vitality in staff is not a problem i could move it into the gloves and remove the increased duration which is only for my convenience to not press buttons to often. If i fully commiting to push DD damage is the raise spectre gem mandatory or "just nice to have"
"
Karved написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:
The issue is that you haven't taken the Staff Crit nodes which you should have by level 70. Your crit is going to be really low without those.
Thanks Gryph! Looking over the POB I definitely did miss those key nodes. I have one question though. How did you refund JUST the spell damage minor passives here at the beginning?

In the POB you respecced out of those and went for the 2 intelligence nodes on the left instead to save 2 points. Did you have to respect your entire tree to get those back? Or is there some trick I'm missing?

yeah, you just take the int nodes, then spec out of the spell damage ones :P

"
sizzzzzzz написал:

Oh very good points im not thinking about, especially dropping also Annihilation and Arcane Potency for the extra large and medium cluster jewel. I think i will give it a try in the evening. The ring for -3 while channeling is still prepared just must remove the bench add fire damage craft.
The vitality in staff is not a problem i could move it into the gloves and remove the increased duration which is only for my convenience to not press buttons to often. If i fully commiting to push DD damage is the raise spectre gem mandatory or "just nice to have"

Yeah so the specters will add multiple millions of DPS to DD. Popping a crushclaw's corpse, for example, takes my corpse exlode damage from 300k to 1.6M avg hit. So even if you pop one of these per second it's adding over 1 million damage per second.

Somewhere like cortex you are only spawning these + bonestalkers and the damage boost is ridiculous.
Hi! loving the build.

If I had two rings with life on spell hit shaper influenced effect, say above 15 or so, wouldnt that be a better effect than the Ngamahus ring life recover on ignite? This examble is assuming Volatile dead and not detonate of course.

Also I'm not even sure if spell hit gains apply with VD hits when using Cast on crit. Thanks!
"
Homelessjunky написал:
getting better and better, Any advice?

Can you link up your new pob please?

Why do we go conjured wall on the large cluster? Doesn't our CoC count as a trigger and not as "casting"?
"
Homelessjunky написал:
"
Homelessjunky написал:
getting better and better, Any advice?

Can you link up your new pob please?

Helmet and gloves could use the most immediate work I think.

https://pastebin.com/K28XWD0a

"
Chewibub написал:
Why do we go conjured wall on the large cluster? Doesn't our CoC count as a trigger and not as "casting"?

Flame dash
Immortal Call

We cast these very frequently. Immortal Call specifically is an instant cast as well so no interruptions to cyclone.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 23 февр. 2021 г., 2:39:42
Edit.
this my ring i crafted should i try aug it with fire for fire damage sufix or leave it ?
Последняя редакция: Yeti221. Время: 23 февр. 2021 г., 8:51:03
"
Yeti221 написал:
Edit.
this my ring i crafted should i try aug it with fire for fire damage sufix or leave it ?

I'd leave it. Flexible crafting slot is better than 10% additional increased fire damage.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация