[3.15] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist - Get that Diablo 2 Nostalgia!

"
AdamsSoBeast написал:
Just curious, but what path do you take first second third and fourth for the ascendency?

I rushed Frigid Wake, then I took Forbidden Power and I will take Malediction last, but I suppose you can swap those two around.
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
So how does eye of winter feel on maps? I've seen some people say its bad for selfcast and does bad boss dps, but I've also seen people say its good. I really wanted to play selfcast but kind of scared to start one.
I am in T4s with a six-link rare chest. It took 4s to kill spider in Jungle Valley.

I went hybrid (es-leech + life flask) and am just now transitioning to crit.

It feels fine to boss with, but the targeting is wonky for mobs which run at you because you want to keep the target at arms length so that it stands in the explosion.

Currently I am running Pierce gem + pierce jewel for +3.

Clear is nice.

The defenses are seriously lacking though. I am running frostbite delve ring though instead of enfeeble or temp chains. (Auras are Skitterbots, Herald of Ice, and Clarity). I don't have second curse yet, but most of my deaths are to things which I haven't hit. You really freeze/chill the whole screen.

I might go shield and some block nodes, take the stun immunity node, and drop the freeze every 4s node. It depends on damage.

That said, I am not enjoying the league really. Too much fucking reading. Flasks are clunky. I don't think ailments are fun game play.

Последняя редакция: Tesrali. Время: 25 июля 2021 г., 0:52:44
"
Tesrali написал:
I am in T4s with a six-link rare chest. It took 4s to kill spider in Jungle Valley.

I went hybrid (es-leech + life flask) and am just now transitioning to crit.

It feels fine to boss with, but the targeting is wonky for mobs which run at you because you want to keep the target at arms length so that it stands in the explosion.

Currently I am running Pierce gem + pierce jewel for +3.

Clear is nice.

The defenses are seriously lacking though. I am running frostbite delve ring though instead of enfeeble or temp chains. (Auras are Skitterbots, Herald of Ice, and Clarity). I don't have second curse yet, but most of my deaths are to things which I haven't hit. You really freeze/chill the whole screen.

I might go shield and some block nodes, take the stun immunity node, and drop the freeze every 4s node. It depends on damage.

That said, I am not enjoying the league really. Too much fucking reading. Flasks are clunky. I don't think ailments are fun game play.

Seconded - just hit maps, but I've shredded every act boss so far with good positioning. Once you get Unleash, the difference in power is stark. Triple-casting orbs really makes sure that the whole screen gets a taste of it.

That said, I also agree with the defenses, though my gear isn't fantastic yet. That might get better when I get some real ES and life on my gear, but I feel like paper right now against any serious mob hits. Thinking about throwing in Void Sphere to try and lock mobs away from me a bit more.
anyone have any recommendations on starter gear? The wands listed cost multiple exalts each. What's a decent wand (and other gear) that's under 10c each for this build?
"
Hibiki_Shiomi написал:

Seconded - just hit maps, but I've shredded every act boss so far with good positioning. Once you get Unleash, the difference in power is stark. Triple-casting orbs really makes sure that the whole screen gets a taste of it.

That said, I also agree with the defenses, though my gear isn't fantastic yet. That might get better when I get some real ES and life on my gear, but I feel like paper right now against any serious mob hits. Thinking about throwing in Void Sphere to try and lock mobs away from me a bit more.

Ya unleash is huge!

I'm using Frost Shield atm for some crit and pseudo armor on bosses.
In maps right now, skill feels wanky, was terrible to level with,and from what I've seen it does really well on mines and totems. It seems like it might be good self cast, but definitely needs investment to get there.
Could we get inpulsa's to work? I feel like that with profane bloom would be insane clear.
I think Asenath's Gentle Touch is a better idea than inpulsa

I used them with stormbrand in 3.14 after having an inpulsa and then dropped the inplusa, they worked way better for exploding packs. this gives us temp chains on hit as well, and can get ele weakness corruption on them to free up rings for other stuff

-=-=

I added the pierce nodes below acrobatics and it's feeling really good, something to use until clusters if they dont stick around. Only act 10 atm for me, had to work the last few days. weekend just started :) I added skitterbots instead of zealotry after reading in the tread and am liking that switch.
Последняя редакция: teknik1200. Время: 25 июля 2021 г., 15:42:32
Ah, I am trying this as well this league. I´m still in the acts, but it feels good atm (and pretty nostalgic, yay!). I´m glad I looked here, because I totally forgot that unleash exists...

Question: with power charge stacking, is there a mechanical reason why there is no precursor ring in your gear list? Or is it just because it is so unrealistic to get?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация