[3.15] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist - Get that Diablo 2 Nostalgia!

I went a bit of a variation of this build, and I have to say that Eye of Winter is absolutely OP.

I went ES/LL with a Shavs obviously. I'm also using a Prism Guardian to fit a lot more auras on.

At the time of this writing, my skill gems aren't even nearly set up correctly. I plan on putting Bonechill with Skitterbots for the juicy bonus damage, but I need Enlighten first.

In my opinion, Eye of Winter fresh out of the box with just damage supports is NOT all that great. The two properties that I found to absolutely make the skill bonkers is using a Snakepit ring for the +1 chain and having Projectile Speed. I currently have 40% Proj Speed (Anomalous EoW and 20% from my Medium Cluster, but I plan on getting the 30% Proj Speed EoW Helm Enchant also for 70% total.)

With the Proj Speed and +1 Chain, about 3/4th the screen is covered and either everything is dead or frozen. As someone stated a few posts ago, bosses can also melt once you understand the 'sweet spot' for shotgunning a boss.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 написал:
I went a bit of a variation of this build, and I have to say that Eye of Winter is absolutely OP.

I went ES/LL with a Shavs obviously. I'm also using a Prism Guardian to fit a lot more auras on.

At the time of this writing, my skill gems aren't even nearly set up correctly. I plan on putting Bonechill with Skitterbots for the juicy bonus damage, but I need Enlighten first.

In my opinion, Eye of Winter fresh out of the box with just damage supports is NOT all that great. The two properties that I found to absolutely make the skill bonkers is using a Snakepit ring for the +1 chain and having Projectile Speed. I currently have 40% Proj Speed (Anomalous EoW and 20% from my Medium Cluster, but I plan on getting the 30% Proj Speed EoW Helm Enchant also for 70% total.)

With the Proj Speed and +1 Chain, about 3/4th the screen is covered and either everything is dead or frozen. As someone stated a few posts ago, bosses can also melt once you understand the 'sweet spot' for shotgunning a boss.

Care to share your PoB? I'm looking to go ll already.
"
teknik1200 написал:
"
arkon9944 написал:

Care to share your PoB? I'm looking to go ll already.

I'm not at home tonight but my account should be open to import it on PoB.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
yeah, got it. thanks!
"
teknik1200 написал:
Looks like the person who made this thread has now leveled ice trap much further than they did with eye of winter lol. I wonder if they ducked out without saying goodbye.

On the chest I was thinking either shav's to go ll or something with crit chance to spells and frenzy on crit.

I've never had an acrobatics build make me think it feels good as defence.

No I didn't "duck out without saying goodbye". It's just the gameplay was too clunky for my taste and realised I would need more investment to tailor it to a playstyle I like more. I will come back to this build when I have enough currency to make it work properly and will update the guide accordingly. :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
I'm playing this build, here's some feedback:

1) Until we get currency for wands, I find this combo pretty good, on budget setup:

(spell life leech, evasion, cast speed + quite a bit of crit chance & crit multi from shield)

2) For mana management, I recommend using an Enduring Mana Flask:

3) Inspiration Support does not seem to be great, because the spell has very high mana cost on 6L setup.

4) I recommend Phase Run + Increased Duration on left click, instead of "Move Only". It will cast Phase Run automatically, on cooldown. Since Phase Run recovers cooldown during it's effect, at high levels, it can be up 100%. Optionally you can add Arcane Surge and/or Efficacy supports.
Последняя редакция: 6_din_49. Время: 27 июля 2021 г., 9:45:15
"
iRa38 написал:

No I didn't "duck out without saying goodbye".

nice, I'm glad you're sticking around. I'm at t5 maps now, I was nearly self found but bought a helmet enchant to check out last night, not sure which is going to be best. I picked up shards fire with 12% increased frequency during flight. dps is a little low but it's working ok and the map clear is fast. I'm buying seven year bad luck cards to bank currency for now.

The build feels like it has potential but it's going to take some exalts to get it there.
Последняя редакция: teknik1200. Время: 27 июля 2021 г., 10:47:07
Bit concerned about survivability with this build, from what I'm seeing of various PoBs there is none. Less than some of the hyper squishy evasion based ranger builds even.

The question becomes then, can this live up to being a glass cannon that kills or freezes the entire screen? Can it do this without extreme investment? People are saying conflicting things.
Since we're stacking power charges, perhaps you can use
until you get your hands on a Pandemonius?
"
setissleeping написал:
Since we're stacking power charges, perhaps you can use
until you get your hands on a Pandemonius?
This amulet offers only ~40% projectile damage and a few resists, probably a rare amulet is better.

"
Bv9000 написал:
Bit concerned about survivability with this build, from what I'm seeing of various PoBs there is none. Less than some of the hyper squishy evasion based ranger builds even.

The question becomes then, can this live up to being a glass cannon that kills or freezes the entire screen? Can it do this without extreme investment? People are saying conflicting things.
Defenses are pretty much same as for the classical Deadeye/Raider, but clear speed is a lot better on low budget. After 20ex budget, probably there are better options, but as league starter, I find it really strong.

Edit: uploaded a video with a T2 map, with my lvl 72, 40c budget occultist.

Video: https://youtu.be/2IpIQziPxSI
Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/UPhdu9ub
Последняя редакция: 6_din_49. Время: 27 июля 2021 г., 18:14:23

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация