[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
cbcd написал:
I see some players using two Split Personality jewels.

How do those work?

Thank you.

So as I understand it the jewel can come with 2 mods. The one we would want is the +5 to Dex and one other that won't put your Int above Str. For every allocated node between it and the Templar start location the jewels stats are increased by 25%. So if there are 4 allocated nodes that would be a 100% increase which would then mean the jewel has +10 to Dex.
So if you slot it in your tree in the socket below magebane you actually get +35 Dex. So the further from the Templar starting node the better.
I hope I explained that properly.
"
Keussef написал:
Lvl 80, 1770 dex, 15 Ballista.

Скрытый текст
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно
Недоступно

I still have some gear to buy. But i have a question :

What is the best way to buy a really good Brutal Restraint ?

To buy a lot from the market, and try all of them ?

Because on TFT, we can buy a "pack" with 50 jewels, but i suppose people already took the best one, and sell it after choosing.

I really enjoy the build, but i'm afraid about clear speed, who is very bad.

Do you think we can switch with a second weapon, and keep dex stacking for clearing maps ?

I know it's not a build for mapping. But even we want only make boss, we have to make a lot of maps, like 90% of the time right ?

I'd just get one or two and have q couple stacks of divine orbs on hand. If it doesn't have a couple 5% or 20+ dex hit it with a divine, throw it in, check dex, repeat. If you get a nice one but want to attempt better have a second one to roll.

I feel fine about the clear speed, keep plenty of totems out so you're running faster. Drop a couple totems and warp past the pack. The mastery for taunt and placement speed are mandatory for good mapping, get it before the crit.
Некоторые предметы в этом сообщении в настоящий момент недоступны.
Would dropping an anscestral protector pick up the ballistas attack speed?

Please, price check? standart
This build is absolutely brilliant, I'm super glad I found it.

I've been messing around on Standard for a few weeks after losing interest in Scourge, trying builds, cleaning up stashes and whatever else, and managed to put this together mostly from the scrapings at the bottom of expired chars, and about 50c.

Last night I was easily clearing Yellow T14s in a Tab, so added a hyrri's chest and Updated Quiver and the damage is insane, it's demolishing MultiMod Influenced T16's. On a pretty potato budget. Looking forward to it as a Starter for 3.17

I'm a little worried about levelling as I keep hearing HFT isn't the coolest, and wonder about maybe brands?
Leveling isn't bad, but it requires careful planning and practice. People inferior to speedrunners but better than casuals can expect to clear campaign in 5hrs with all skill points and lab included. You do have to put in a healthy amount of practice though. There are many little things that you need to have a handle on and most of them are in acts 1-3. It's also super important to have as many sockets and 2 weapons on the switch by act 6 in order to be able to level gems related to siege ballista. Absolutely cannot skip out on leveling the gems.

Practice and even a noob can do campaign with HFT in 6hrs. I never ever gave a fuck about doing campaign faster than 8-10 hours before trying this build, and now even I can do it in 5 hours. There are still holes I could fix so 4 hours is entirely possible. 4 hours is already a seasoned arma brand runner territory, so HFT is entirely viable here.
Последняя редакция: onceonce. Время: 18 янв. 2022 г., 8:51:26
"
Iteken написал:
This build is absolutely brilliant, I'm super glad I found it.

I've been messing around on Standard for a few weeks after losing interest in Scourge, trying builds, cleaning up stashes and whatever else, and managed to put this together mostly from the scrapings at the bottom of expired chars, and about 50c.

Last night I was easily clearing Yellow T14s in a Tab, so added a hyrri's chest and Updated Quiver and the damage is insane, it's demolishing MultiMod Influenced T16's. On a pretty potato budget. Looking forward to it as a Starter for 3.17

I'm a little worried about levelling as I keep hearing HFT isn't the coolest, and wonder about maybe brands?

To be honest, I don't have a perfect answer to the leveling right now. I haven't really had the time to carve out a more efficient leveling route. It's kind of a weird spot since I don't know what's coming in 3.17 (stat stacking was a popular build theme in 3.16 and that could mean it gets shot somehow), so I don't want to spend a bunch of time leveling different characters and doing a bunch of plotting work only to wind up tossing the build guide entirely once patch notes drop. If it does look like the build will be generally untouched after reading the manifesto, that's when I'll probably come back and start testing some more league start pathing to see if I can come up with anything better. If anyone here remembers when I first put out my Freezing Pulse totem guide, I actually didn't have a very good leveling setup for that either. Iteration generally proves to be the strongest tool when it comes to builds in this game long-term.

That said, I feel like leveling with the partial HFT tree really isn't that bad and if you are determined to league start into this, you aren't really going to suffer all that much if nothing changes. If you watch my league start series from 3.16, I started as CA/TR and it definitely didn't feel ideal at all, but ultimately I wound up still hitting maps at the end of the first day like I usually do. With the HFT route, you are still connected to a bunch of additional damage, so you can always invest a few more points and just farm a few extra regrets if you feel like you need a bit more to get through the campaign.
Thanks for the responses dudes.

I'm still in the "intend to level in 8-10 hours but get distracted in act3 and waste 4 hours" zone, some going to give some HFT leveling practice time. Acts 5+ seems to fly by but I always get bogged down in 2-3, not sure why.

Edit: Yeah HFT is fine. levelling with white 3-links through to act 4/lab easy. hardest bit was HailRake :D
Последняя редакция: Iteken. Время: 19 янв. 2022 г., 4:42:53
I tested this build in the scourge league and it looks like a good league starter.

A few notes regarding the leveling process:

- I leveled on Scourge trade league but simulated SSF environment by not using the scourge mechanics nor the trade and used only currency I found.
- Act 2-7 were easy with the Holy Flame and Wave of Conviction Totem setup. The wand vendor recipe provides very good DPS
- Act 8-10 the DPS was not great but managable. I switched out the wands for Sceptres and enchanted them with additional spelldamage to boost the DPS.
- finishing the acts on two 4-links is fine.
- The HF/WoC Totems setup will be sufficient for white maps; no need to immediately do the switch when entering the atlas
- You need 25 regret points to completely switch to the ballista setup! So you need to farm a few regret orbs or switch partially by keeping the Devotion notable and postponing the Thick Skin notable.
- The Ballista Totem setup is also viable on white maps on a 4-link setup
- The chaos orb vendor recipe is your friend to get currency for buying key gear. Iron Commander, Fractal Thoughts, Hyrris Bite and Rain of Splinters can easily aquired in the first days of a league.
- The build is not superfast (the ballista totems need a significant time before starting DPS) and you will be a bit squishy. So place the totems and concentrate on dodging damage.

If 3.17 does not nerf this build too hard I will consider this as my league starter.

Thank you Wallach for the great PoB; especially the Notes section!
Последняя редакция: riverstomp. Время: 20 янв. 2022 г., 5:43:43
When you get time can you evaluate my gear? I'm only 78 so don't have the tree near done at all, but am able to do T14-15 maps pretty easily as long as the modifiers are ok.

In which order should I fill out the last three areas?

I was thinking Projectile Mastery, then the Small Jewel cluster, then lastly bow mastery?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rsalty/characters

Maltster

thank you
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Последняя редакция: rsalty. Время: 20 янв. 2022 г., 15:22:04

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация