Race Season Three Details

"
Antilogy написал:
I was hoping to get into racing this season but as I work 40+ hours a week it's not looking great. Last season looked like it had a great amount of race times to choose from.

I echo this. I raced as much as I could in Seasons 1 and 2, but struggled due to work commitments. Season 3 looks worse in that regard. I realise everyone can't be catered for though, so I'm not too upset about it (honest *sobs)

I wish there was a permanent time trial league in place. That way I would be able to race on my terms, rather than some pre-ordained most likely unsuitable time. You could even cap the attempts to stop people running over and over until the drop some sick gear and luck an amazing score. Anyway, I live in hope.

On the plus side, I am looking forward to Descent. I love soloing and love rogue-likes so, god damn, sign me up!
IGN: DeadLoss
When season 3 got announced i was thinking about getting into races again but my main problem is that im playing in onslaught now and the rewards go to the hardcore league. This totally defeats any reason for me to try to get rewards as i wouldn't be able to use them anyway.

In my opinion there should really be a way of chosing to which league you want your rewards to go to. I don't think it would an unfair advantage to get the race rewards in onslaught/anarchy cause you would probably find more valuable stuff farming maps in the meantime anyway.

I might try out some descent races to see how they are but i don't see me doing any other races this season.
Последняя редакция: ZerWuerger. Время: 27 июня 2013 г., 19:09:04
"
KoTao написал:
having the integrity of the races permanently compromised because ggg made the ridiculous decision to send the entire map seed to the client then trust them to incrimentally reveal it (as if we didnt have enough evidence from over a decade of maphacking in d2 to see how this was going to turn out) is pretty discouraging.
"
KoTao написал:
send the entire map seed to the client then trust them to incrimentally reveal it

No offense, but that would be so in-fucking-credibly stupid in terms of security practices that I honestly can't believe it until I see some kind of independent confirmation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
"
KoTao написал:
having the integrity of the races permanently compromised because ggg made the ridiculous decision to send the entire map seed to the client then trust them to incrimentally reveal it (as if we didnt have enough evidence from over a decade of maphacking in d2 to see how this was going to turn out) is pretty discouraging.
"
KoTao написал:
send the entire map seed to the client then trust them to incrimentally reveal it

No offense, but that would be so in-fucking-credibly stupid in terms of security practices that I honestly can't believe it until I see some kind of independent confirmation.

That is how its done.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
ScrotieMcB написал:

This is news to you?

Integrity is a nice ideal and all, but the reality of the situation is that races have had all kinds of dubious behaviour in them for as long as I can remember. But yeah, it does play into why I don't really give a shit about the competitive aspects of racing (though in longer term, like 1 week races, but not very long term races like 1 month, the effect is somewhat reduced).

Now I don't personally know what sort of advantage the maphacks give, but don't you get similar 'legit' advantages if you use for instance triple monitors?
Well it is clear to me that GGG heard the feedback from racers from the last seasons, sadly it wasn't the feedback that anyone I know or play with in the race community would submit.

2 x 135 minute races, yet 5 3 hour races (a race format that should have gone the way of the Dodo with the Act 3 implementation).

This says it all to me. Consider me severely disappointed.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier написал:
Well it is clear to me that GGG heard the feedback from racers from the last seasons, sadly it wasn't the feedback that anyone I know or play with in the race community would submit.

2 x 135 minute races, yet 5 3 hour races (a race format that should have gone the way of the Dodo with the Act 3 implementation).

This says it all to me. Consider me severely disappointed.

Same boat here, along with the people I play with. That schedule is brutal for me.

Oh well, Better luck next season.
Последняя редакция: Menacetech. Время: 27 июня 2013 г., 20:24:07
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Dear GGG,

Please consider improving races density. There was never any problem with it in the past.

Some days in the schedule are just depressingly empty, and it's harder to accommodate more players of different time zone with such number of races per day.

Nevertheless, looking forward to racing this weekend
Последняя редакция: Hornet85. Время: 27 июня 2013 г., 21:47:26
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация