Race Season Three Details

"
ucsarge написал:
wow, there are a lot of whiny idiots on this thread. FFS.
Whining about whiners = whining. Whine-ception? o_0
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
KoTao написал:
"
KenshiD написал:
"
KoTao написал:

I have no idea why you abandoned orb rewards and seem so unwilling to bring them back.

Isn't that totally obvious?
It would inflate the economy even more.

The problem with the economy is that the lower orbs can be forcibly created while the higher orbs cant. This is what causes inflation, not equal amounts of all orbs entering the economy from an outside source (such as the original random, equal weight race orb rewards setup).

Cb economy pegged exalts at 6-8 gcps or 18-24 chaos. Those numbers are doubled to tripled now thanks to the lack of any reliable way (aside from rmt sites) to acquire exalted orbs. Inflation has become worse since race reward orbs were removed, not better. Race participation, otoh, has suffered a marked decline (though that may also be due to factors other than reward changes).

"
KenshiD написал:
Races should be optional as it would upset many players that the „racers“ have an advantage in the regular game.

There are players who dont enjoy having to trade either. Theres no reason racing shouldnt be an alternative income source to grinding just like trading is.

For that matter, we need more ways to acquire orbs in general, though thats a topic for another thread.

This
Isn't it obvious? People whining are the people who are bad at racing. They want everything for minimal effort. They whine and complain about things that take some skill or even just thinking about, until they have everything. Then they either complain more about lack of content or just move on to another game, leaving us to pick up the pieces.
"
dandan88 написал:
Isn't it obvious? People whining are the people who are bad at racing.
KoTaO. boof. Hilbert. These are the players whining. Maybe a couple I missed.

As someone who's been much more nosy than he probably should be and made it his business to rank racers, I can tell you that these players are very good racers. Not the best; and as such, they no doubt have a chip on their shoulder to some extent due to being outshone (Hilbert especially). But still very fucking good racers all.

These people aren't bad at racing. These people are truthfully perfect representatives. They've tried hard, they've got cred, and they haven't yet met with headline-level success. I'm not saying that you should ever take anyone's feedback without questioning it, but if there's anyone you should be listening to about race feedback, it's players like these.

Oh, and that thread Hilbert linked to? asdfman is probably in the top 5 PoE racers, period. So naturally you dismiss it as irrelevant.

You don't know what you're talking about, and your argument is invalid.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Последняя редакция: ScrotieMcB. Время: 27 июня 2013 г., 17:07:31
"
Those numbers are doubled to tripled now thanks to the lack of any reliable way (aside from rmt sites) to acquire exalted orbs. Inflation has become worse since race reward orbs were removed, not better. Race participation, otoh, has suffered a marked decline (though that may also be due to factors other than reward changes).

You forgot vendor receipes.
Even with powerful vendor receipes players burned currency.

Besides pre 9.12 or 9.11 which resulted in more orbs but less valueable ones I had never over 20 chaos orbs in my stash, since I used everything I had on maps.
I even exalted level 69 maps.
But in summary the CB trading values were far more stable.

One reason is that the new leagues are only an economy reset. The old leagues are similar to HC Nonladder in D2 at 1.10 launch. The playerbase is less than 100.

If Default players had the possibility to restore burned experience by selling currency the Default market would be far more stable.

If GGG had the balls to fire up a league that would kill 90% of the players like Turbo certainly would, average HC Players stay in HC.

If Anarchy had 100% exp punishment weaker Default players will stick to Default.

But instead of that it's the same thing that happened in CB after migrations.
The old leauges have a population close to zero.

But no matter how hard I try to convince the devs that the game needs more overkill leagues to seperate equal amounts of players instead of same difficulty leagues. There is no attempt even to try it as seen in S3.
1 week NORMAL again.
And S4 will also have only normal 1 weekers.

At some point the remaining playerbase will leave after time and the devs gonna ask what went wrong?!
Even the game is beta. An open Beta adds to the lifetime of PoE.
I enjoyed CB but OB is getting worse and worse, with contradictional changes like:
We want Path of Melee back--->Bosses have typical MMO 1 shot mechanics only healers are missing. In CB 1 wk Turbo you died fast losing life didn't felt like oneshot and instants could safe your ass, that's what ARPGs are about. Not a dumb gearcheck like in MMOs which asks "grinded enough?"
The latest changes even made racing unenjoyable.

Imo the only thing that can rescue PoE is either a CB reset with more balanced OB additions which don't result in wasting more time in A3 than A1 and A2 together or usercode leagues.

GGG has one more chance to do it right on a big scale.
If A3x fails and it's again just a 1-2 week hype the release will also fail.
"
ScrotieMcB написал:

As someone who's been much more nosy than he probably should be and made it his business to rank racers, I can tell you that these players are very good racers. Not the best; and as such, they no doubt have a chip on their shoulder to some extent due to being outshone (Hilbert especially). But still very fucking good racers all.

I had my time as "the best" during mid cb when i had the 2-3 hour shadow solo demis on near lockdown for a couple months. Shortly after that, there came a point where it was necessary to memorize map seeds to remain at the top, and i wasnt interested in that sort of tedium so my results naturally dropped off. Unfortunately, thats also around the time where maphack became publicly available.

Losing because im no longer willing to put the same amount of effort into winning as other players is fine; otoh, having the integrity of the races permanently compromised because ggg made the ridiculous decision to send the entire map seed to the client then trust them to incrimentally reveal it (as if we didnt have enough evidence from over a decade of maphacking in d2 to see how this was going to turn out) is pretty discouraging.

Otherwise, my biggest "chip" is the excessive randomness and grinding, along with the comparatively poor rewards, which are the subjects that comprise most of my recent complaints.

"
Hilbert написал:
"
Those numbers are doubled to tripled now thanks to the lack of any reliable way (aside from rmt sites) to acquire exalted orbs. Inflation has become worse since race reward orbs were removed, not better. Race participation, otoh, has suffered a marked decline (though that may also be due to factors other than reward changes).

You forgot vendor receipes.
Even with powerful vendor receipes players burned currency.

Besides pre 9.12 or 9.11 which resulted in more orbs but less valueable ones I had never over 20 chaos orbs in my stash, since I used everything I had on maps.
I even exalted level 69 maps.
But in summary the CB trading values were far more stable.

That too. No one minded blowing a ton of alts or chaos on items, maps or whatever when they knew they could go generate more with reasonable amounts of effort. Exalts also entered the economy regularly and reliably from races; what we needed were more reliable ways (however difficult) to generate those top orbs, not less.

And to those of you whining about criticism: What useful feedback have you brought to the thread? Contribute or dont post.
IGN: KoTao
Последняя редакция: KoTao. Время: 27 июня 2013 г., 18:13:04
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
"
dandan88 написал:
Isn't it obvious? People whining are the people who are bad at racing.
KoTaO. boof. Hilbert. These are the players whining. Maybe a couple I missed.

These people aren't bad at racing. These people are truthfully perfect representatives. They've tried hard, they've got cred, and they haven't yet met with headline-level success. I'm not saying that you should ever take anyone's feedback without questioning it, but if there's anyone you should be listening to about race feedback, it's players like these.

Oh, and that thread Hilbert linked to? asdfman is probably in the top 5 PoE racers, period. So naturally you dismiss it as irrelevant.

You don't know what you're talking about, and your argument is invalid.

I haven't whined yet in this thread, but sign me up on that list.
Can I whine too?

So I was never a rusher, hell I never practiced for a race, not once. I think the only time I even tried a short race was BLAMT, for a laugh, as my connection was so bad I couldn't even play normal league, oh and one time just to prove to myself how stupid leap slam is.

Early game sucks imo and I really have no interest in rewards in dead leagues, orbs, uniques or otherwise. Besides, rewards are secondary, if I'm going to play a race it will firstly be for a unique experience or fun.

This means there simply aren't any races I have any interest in. The idea of descent is great and all, but more as a rogue-like league thing (and I'd rather have partying included too, no way am I playing an online only game with massive technical issues so that I can spend all my time soloing).
I was hoping to get into racing this season but as I work 40+ hours a week it's not looking great. Last season looked like it had a great amount of race times to choose from.

Also since the point rewards won't be restructured for the decrease in races there's really no point in racing hard to get to the top rewards.
IGN:
@Antilogy
Descent looks great!
I only hope there are some kind of rewards for not top-players to play these races.
In the other races you could always find good currency, but now the characters are destroyed. So there needs to be another reward (besides the fun) to keep people playing Descent.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация