Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey, Enki, ty for the guide! Been wondering, can we ditch spell echo, i h8 that gem?
"
kokorolee написал:
Hey, Enki, ty for the guide! Been wondering, can we ditch spell echo, i h8 that gem?

"Spell Echo substantially boosts our cast speed and repeats each skill use without consuming mana for the repeated cast".

Why would you want to lose up to +71% cast speed? And that mana cost free cast?It's going to bring down your dps like crazy if you remove that gem. If I'm not mistaken, it's probably one of the most important gems in the entire build.

I'm curious: Why do you hate it? I don't see any downside in using it.
How much Evasion is enough to make a differnce?

Correct me if i am wrong but a good amount of Evasion helps us dodge? I am wondering why we are not using Evasion gloves and boots then (and maybe helmet, which we probably are with mind of the council)?

Right now, i am sitting at around ~2k Evasion with Int-gloves and Armour-Boots, and i am thinking about switching to Dex-based gear here ...
"
subcutan написал:
How much Evasion is enough to make a differnce?

Correct me if i am wrong but a good amount of Evasion helps us dodge? I am wondering why we are not using Evasion gloves and boots then (and maybe helmet, which we probably are with mind of the council)?

Right now, i am sitting at around ~2k Evasion with Int-gloves and Armour-Boots, and i am thinking about switching to Dex-based gear here ...

Скрытый текст
I'm not a pro when it comes to this, but Evasion and Dodge are definitely not the same thing and have their own rolls.

From the Wiki:

Evasion (not to be confused with Dodge) is the first layer of defence that increases a character's chance to evade incoming attacks.

Dodge (not to be confused with Evasion) is a layer of defence that grants a chance to prevent a damaging hit. The chance to dodge is a random roll made per attack/cast; it is not entropy-based like evasion nor is it affected by accuracy. Dodge is capped at 75% and is rolled before block. Damage avoidance is a separate mechanic and is rolled after block.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dodge

When it comes to damage calculations and layers of defence there's a certain order:

Evasion > Dodge > Damage avoidance > Armour > Block

That's the order they give on this page:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Receiving_damage

Although it contradicts the statement from the "Dodge"-entry where it's said that avoidance is rolled after block. And I also think it doesn't make much sense that armour comes before block.

I guess the actual order looks something like this

Evasion > Dodge > Block > Avoidance > Armour

I've also read different claims on the forums and reddit when it comes to whether Evasion or Dodge comes first.

Anyways, what's important is that Evasion and Dodge are different things.
Последняя редакция: Cendrake. Время: 9 сент. 2019 г., 5:40:26
To make a small difference you'd need around 10k evasion at least, with 2 dodge keystones + quartz flask + stibnite flask/blinded enemies + Vaal grace (cap dodge and around 95% chance to avoid melee + projectile attacks). However, Enki's arc witch is a witch, not meant to be made into a ranger. You need more Int to boost total mana, rather than more Dex for evasion. Thus, Evasion isn't the main point here and I don't think should be heavily focused on. You would be better with a good total life pool (7k+ EhP, including MoM) to take hits. At one point your evasion/dodge system will fail and you have to be able to survive hits to avoid dying - that's the RNG part of the game that can be mitigated with good total life. Other mitigations like endurance charge generation + immortal call can be used alongside dodge, if dodge/evade fail you can take hits.
A filthy casual
Hey Folks,

My better half just got +% increased Arc Damage on Helmet (Global)

are these Enchantments new?

Greets!

Considering Evade - its multiplicative with dodge so with 60% dodge enemies have a 40% chance to hit you, with additional 15% evade theres a 85% chance on that layer so at the end they'll have 0.85 x 0.4 = 0.34 (34%) chance to hit you.
Add a rounded 10% block chance: 0.34 x 0.9 = 0,30 (30% chance to be hit)
This reduces all over damage by alot and makes it possible to maintain enough life/flask charges during longer fights

Hence its multiplicative the order doesn't realy matter...
Последняя редакция: Sail686. Время: 9 сент. 2019 г., 15:22:39
got arc chains an additional time in 1st ulab :)
How much Hp + unreserved mana you people have? I think this build is paper.

Im at 65attack 65spell dodge with flask. So that feels great.
And Im assasin so I have elusive which briefly caps me at 75 75dodge.

However.. ~3k hp and 600mana.Endgame might be 3700hp 800mana. And that seems stupidly low. Basically oneshot in random maps if hit or during elder, shaper, guardians will seem to be insanely difficult. Uber elder(not even sure how that will go)..

While it be great to ask on dps advice, i want to know what to do on defence.

All I got is 8% dmg reduction while elusive which is all the time if I crit. Which will be all the time in endgame.
Fortify seems unreliable.

Temp chains would be great but again, useless vs bosses.
Even having 3endurance charges would be almost nothing.

And If I were to sacrifice dps, I wouldnt even manage to get up to 6k HP 1k mana unreserved. :|
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Personally I enjoy your old traps back in synthesis instead of orb of storms. I haven't tried it with this build but I found it doing a bit more while lvling my aurabot on blight.

Here was your old
(Advanced Traps + Lightning Spire + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction.)
@webas:
Скрытый текст
That's waaaaay to low mana. Hows that even possible?

I checked your characters. It's that Assassin, right? Well, some things are differently skilled, that probably makes you lose a little bit of mana (maybe ~200).

You have any other auras running, apart from Wrath in your Essence Worm? A lot of your gem slots are empty now, but I saw you have a Herald of Thunder and according to PoB you should have around 1500 mana. So what are you using that reserves mana? If I understand correctly, we're only supposed to use Wrath or Zealotry in the Essence Worm. So there shouldn't be any reserved mana.

Then there's your gear. You're still using a Tabby. If you want to do endgame content you'd be better off with a 6L rare or the Inpulsa at this point. A lot of your gear has no mana on it at all (gloves, ring, belt, amulet). That's probably another few hundred mana you're losing out there.

I usually ended up with ~5k life and 1.5-2k mana at around level 90, which is still kind of lowish, compared to what others managed. They simply had the better and way more expensive gear and could squeeze more out of it. It's all about min-maxing and how much you can invest.

The same goes for dps by the way. If you want to see the full potential of this build, you're gonna have to use the Inpulsa and have some multi-modded weapons etc. With what you have right now, I'd say forget about doing high tier maps, let alone Guardians/Shaper/Uber Elder.

First thing I'd do if I was you is upgrade that Tabby to some 6L or maybe even 5L rare that comes with some stats. If you can, get the Inpulsa. Find gloves and belt that also have some mana on em. That ring that gives you assassins mark and some res, but otherwise has nothing going for it... I don't know... doesn't seem optimal. That unique ammy and Atziri's Step give you a bunch of dodge chance, but my guess is that at this point you're probably better off with good rares.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt tho, because I'm not exactly a stellar player. It's just my take on what I've glanced over now.

@Kittentheboss
Скрытый текст
The traps were really great at melting some bosses (the ones that didn't move too much). But that was basically the only time they came in handy, apart from placing them around chests e.g. But they didn't make room for Orb of Storms. Orb of Storms replaced Storm Brand. The traps have been sacrificed for the Armageddon Brand defensive setup.

You can basically still go for Storm Brand and the traps if you want. It's more of a matter of taste, I guess. I might do that myself at some point. Storm Brand might not be as good as OoS for damage, but the fact it has a greater range and isn't static, makes it more versatile. That's a big plus IMO.
Последняя редакция: Cendrake. Время: 10 сент. 2019 г., 10:14:19

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация