Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Dreagation написал:
"
Winterman89 написал:
If one manages socket wise, wouldn't it be better exchanging Controlled Destruction wih Iron Will support? Therefore not sacrificing Crit chance and having more spell dmg (80 str=+16% while lv 20 gem +38, so all in all 10% more spell damage)

Maybe that it's still an option, but there is a difference between % increased damage and % more damage. % Increased damage stacks additively with other sources, but % more damage stacks multiplicatively and thus scales better with other sources that increase damage.
So controlled destruction should increase your damage more than iron will if you have multiple sources that increase the damage (which is very likely:P), even with the decreased crit chance.

Agreed, Iron Will cannot even come close to Controlled Destruction (for this build). It looks like it's aimed at high-strength spellcaster builds. We already have enough increased damage from passives and items that CD's "more" damage multiplier far outstrips any possible benefit of IW.

I have found with PoB that Increased Critical Damage is better than CD, but that's just for my particular setup. Edit: see post below for setup.
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 1 дек. 2019 г., 3:03:26
Hey, Enki/all,

As I mentioned earlier this league, I tried an Elemancer version of this build based on a suggestion of Enki's. I promised I would report back on my findings, and I am pleased to say that this variant is extremely strong; in fact, in the 4 leagues I've followed the guide, I would contend it's the strongest, fastest, and tankiest iteration of the self-cast Arc witch I've ever played, and by a considerable margin. This was made possible by the new buffs to the golem nodes on the Elementalist ascendancy passive tree and the new golem nodes on the regular passive tree. The only substantial trade-off is losing Paragon of Calamity, which makes elemental reflect maps impossible and the Atziri fights problematic. Other concerns I had, like the lost amulet and jewel slots or needing to constantly recast golems, turned out to be unfounded.

Here's all my gear. Character name is Buttery_Discharge (don't ask).

The gear is hardly perfect, but it's pretty good. It mostly needs more life and mana.

I would ideally like to record some videos of the build in action to post here, but I've never done it before so I don't the best way to go about it. Can someone recommend a free, straightforward program or tool I could use to record gameplay videos?
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 1 дек. 2019 г., 3:03:56
"
Dreagation написал:
"
rezzet написал:
should i get double doryanis catalyst? and you can check my character is he ok?

On the second part: make sure your characters tab is visible for the public.

ok i changed it hope it works now ... what should i upgrade now? i have like 100 chaos
Последняя редакция: rezzet. Время: 30 нояб. 2019 г., 17:40:19
"
rezzet написал:

ok i changed it hope it works now ... what should i upgrade now? i have like 100 chaos

Yes, can see the char now!
I'd suggest to work on your flasks: get them to 20% quality with the right affixes/suffixes.
Maybe you can change your shield for a weapon, possibly doriyani's or just a decent rare weapon.
Also if you're still res-capped if you take off a ring, get an essence worm and put wrath in it.
hi,
beginner here, I'm following this build for my first character.
So far I'm doing great, especially after i bought the Impulse armor (which made a huge difference).
Could you take a look at my equipment and gems setup to see where I could improve and which items should I focus to replace first ?

Considering I'm broke atm (spent everything for the armor :D )

Ty for the great guide.
"
Nite1984 написал:

Could you take a look at my equipment and gems setup to see where I could improve and which items should I focus to replace first ?

Congratz on getting the inpulsa's!
You'll have to make your characters visible for the public before we can take a look tho.:#
"
Nite1984 написал:

Just gonna make a new post instead of editing the one above this. Thanks for the pm that you've put your chars publicly visible.

Alright, you got that 5linked inpulsa's now and the oskarm, so let's continue from there. Always try to keep your resistances capped when going for these changes.

-Get an essence worm and put wrath in there. (Otherwise the Watcher's Eye you just got doesn't help.:P)
-Follow Enki's section on how to set up your flasks. You do not need the of grounding suffix anymore, since you have inpulsa's.
-Try to get some jewels with both life and crit multi (And if possible another offensive stat).
-I think your weapons are decent, but I find it hard to really tell how good a weapon is. Just keep on the look-out for improvements until you can get/buy some multimodded weapons/weapons with all the desired stats. I would consider swapping the gems in your weapons around: I'm not sure how well the increased crit works with your golems, it does work with orb of storms however.
-Try to get a lvl 21 vaal arc, since getting the extra chain with arc is pretty huge.
-Try to find a helmet with the reduced lightning warp duration. It's been my favourite upgrade, because of how often you'll lightning warp with this build and how much quicker it gets.
-Afterwards it's basically looking to 6link your Inpulsa's and get a ring with assassin's mark so you can swap the oskarm's out again.

That should keep you going for a while.:P
"
Dreagation написал:

Tyvm for the help and items :)
I have already acquired the ring and inserted the Wrath gem in it.
I had to change helm and boots to make up for the resists loss, but i managed.

I honestly don't use lightning warp that much atm, I feel flame dash is way faster and also don't get stuck on map obstacles as much as warp (could be I'm doing something wrong maybe).

I'll work on the other points :)
Getting stuck with warp sounds familiar:P. But the main downside for flame dash is that it only has 3 charges (maybe that you can do 4dashes in a row, but that's about it.) both for mapping and some bosses this could be an issue. That's why the reduced warp duration is so great, lightning warp will be quite a bit faster than warp without the enchantment on the helmet.

See what works for you. Once you beat uber-lab you'll kind of want to pick either of them I think, so you can add the 3rd golem.
Sorry for the late replies everyone, been a bit busy.

@MisterRowley
It's a crit build nowadays, your gear is probably still more suited towards noncrit.

@líno
You're probably already past this point now, but just for anyone who has this question: You can equip amulets with Dexterity/Attributes or use the crafting bench to add Dexterity onto gear, if they have an open suffix and no Dexterity roll yet. This will get you through until you reach all the dex nodes.

@Winterman89
As the others already mentioned, Iron Will is an increased multiplier which gets added together with all other eligible increase damage. So if for example you have 400% increased damage and add another 40%, you effectively only raise your damage by another 10%, which makes it very weak in comparison to more multipliers, which are multiplicative.

Inspiration would be a great choice however and will also make it into the build next patch.

@ReddMaxx1024
Damn thank you so much, wish I could sticky comments here because that's probably as close to a build review from a new player perspective as it gets. Really appreciate it!

@WorderMostFoul
It's actually somewhat close to what i'm planning for the build in 3.9, taking some bigger risks that hopefully pay off.

I use OBS to record videos, used to cut them with Windows Movie Maker but going to try Davinci Resolve for the next videos, hopefully that will improve quality.
twitch.tv/enki91
Последняя редакция: Enki91. Время: 2 дек. 2019 г., 9:20:31

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация