Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
wzbbb написал:
I have 6 exalts saved up. My next big upgrade would be either 6L crafted staff (currently 5L Agnerod West) or 6L spellcrit armor (currently 6L ES/Life Armor). Seems like I'd need 5-10 exalts to reliably craft a good upgrade there (1-2 for transmutes to get the base, 2 for multimod, 2-3 for 6 link). Aul's uprising for Wrath is 15 exalts and a good 2 damage mod Watcher's eye is 30 exalts. So right now not really sure what I can really do to progress other than farming lower tier maps until I save up enough currency/level up more.

On the plus side, clearing standard mobs and rares are super fast. Very satisfying to play until I meet a boss.

Hi. 500K is really low. So your damage output is the main problem as you said. With the budget you have I would start with these:
- Get a cheap assassins mar on hut ring. 30-60C maybe.
- Get a cheap 6link staff with at least item leve 77 it's around 50C. Keep rolling with alteration + regal until it hits +3 lightning gem with at least another useful affix preferably an ok damage prefix or a crit multi/cast speed suffix. It does not have to be amazing so if you get one of these you'll be fine. Multicraft. This is RNG, but the base and the alt+regal cost still should be under 3ex i guess. With a bit of luck much lower. Another 2ex for multicraft.
- Once you have the +3 staff get an empower leve 3, and put it in the arc 6L instead of added lightning damage to get your arc to lvl 26 for the extra chain - it is a big damage boost.
- you need to squeeze in a 5-6L storm brand. In my case storm brand alone does half the damage as my arc, so during boss fights its a "free" 50% more damage, and it is reliable keeping damage on bosses while you are dodgeing. It is just great. Plus it is even better against drox the most painful guardian for us. Arc sucks against drox since the more it chains to ads the lower its single target damage, it is mechanically not good for that fight, thus storm brand here is very good.

If you manage to do this your damage output will double easily, and potentially even more, but surely goes above 1million. If you are afraid of crafting a staff look around in the market first with 6link staves with +3 lightning see if you can pick one up for an ok price.

Hope this helps you.
"
smplx написал:
"
wzbbb написал:
I have 6 exalts saved up. My next big upgrade would be either 6L crafted staff (currently 5L Agnerod West) or 6L spellcrit armor (currently 6L ES/Life Armor). Seems like I'd need 5-10 exalts to reliably craft a good upgrade there (1-2 for transmutes to get the base, 2 for multimod, 2-3 for 6 link). Aul's uprising for Wrath is 15 exalts and a good 2 damage mod Watcher's eye is 30 exalts. So right now not really sure what I can really do to progress other than farming lower tier maps until I save up enough currency/level up more.

On the plus side, clearing standard mobs and rares are super fast. Very satisfying to play until I meet a boss.

Hi. 500K is really low. So your damage output is the main problem as you said. With the budget you have I would start with these:
- Get a cheap assassins mar on hut ring. 30-60C maybe.
- Get a cheap 6link staff with at least item leve 77 it's around 50C. Keep rolling with alteration + regal until it hits +3 lightning gem with at least another useful affix preferably an ok damage prefix or a crit multi/cast speed suffix. It does not have to be amazing so if you get one of these you'll be fine. Multicraft. This is RNG, but the base and the alt+regal cost still should be under 3ex i guess. With a bit of luck much lower. Another 2ex for multicraft.
- Once you have the +3 staff get an empower leve 3, and put it in the arc 6L instead of added lightning damage to get your arc to lvl 26 for the extra chain - it is a big damage boost.
- you need to squeeze in a 5-6L storm brand. In my case storm brand alone does half the damage as my arc, so during boss fights its a "free" 50% more damage, and it is reliable keeping damage on bosses while you are dodgeing. It is just great. Plus it is even better against drox the most painful guardian for us. Arc sucks against drox since the more it chains to ads the lower its single target damage, it is mechanically not good for that fight, thus storm brand here is very good.

If you manage to do this your damage output will double easily, and potentially even more, but surely goes above 1million. If you are afraid of crafting a staff look around in the market first with 6link staves with +3 lightning see if you can pick one up for an ok price.

Hope this helps you.

Hey smplx, thank you for your advice! Good to hear that Drox is the hardest boss! I was very worried what Elder/Shaper would be like if I am already dying so much.

I do have an assassin's mark ring, but I read that curses have 80% reduced effectiveness on bosses, so I thought that was only for clear speed (which is quite fast already). I also bought an arc chains enchanted helm with life to swap for bosses, since bosses like Drox can't seem to be frozen anyways. Not sure if this is the right move.

I notice in the guide, for belts it suggests resis + life stygian vise. I fossil crafted a 30% inc lightning damage and 25% inc elemental damage stygian vise with some resists and life. Seems to me this is better as it is relatively easy to cap resist on other slots that don't have good damage mods. Am I doing something wrong here? I was about to turbulent catalyst it up to 20% quality but held off because I wasn't sure why no one is using this. Are increased damage modifiers just really bad later on because we get so many of them?

I had tried storm brand for a bit but didn't like the weapon swap wave of conviction play style. I might give it another try once I craft a 6L staff. Is storm brand the best use of the other 6L? I was checking out storm brand build guides and most of them said storm brand had weak single target. I did some research and thought lightning spire trap might be quite good for killing bosses (maybe with an vaal lightning trap to provide shock). Also I was thinking about just getting vaal haste, vaal righteous fire, vaal cold snap and maybe vaal blade flurry with supports and just popping all of it at the start to get a big dps boost (as opposed to storm brand). Would that be a viable approach?

I am also struggling a lot with some metamorph bosses. Most of them are ok, but some of them just kill me from 100% Health and ES if they land with a leap or some other teleport. This basically forces me to move around all the time, leaving very little time for DPS. The worst are bosses with that bubble which forces you to go into melee to DPS, and then if they so much as glance at me, I'm dead.

Последняя редакция: wzbbb. Время: 31 янв. 2020 г., 4:46:36
On drox: he is the toughest from the four new guardians (the crusaders from the new endgame) - at least for us since we use arc and ut does not interact very well with all the flags he drops. Shaper/elder sirius is a whole different story.

On storm brand: it helps you the most when you are forced to be on the move constantly, like with beefed up metamorphes and tougher bosses, since it does damage constantly. It's extra perk over a trap/totem is that it can attach to the boss and unless I am mistaken it will stay on the boss even if it moves to a different spot. That does not mean lightning spire trap is not a viable option - give trap a shot if you like it stick with it. But the additional passive damage from another 6 link helps a lot either way.

On metamorphs: I generally avoided extra life, life regen when I could. I am still somewhat conservative when selecting the organs even though now they go down fairly easy. And you have to move constantly of course. I still have the occasional 1 shot sometimes and I have 9K eHP.. shit happens.

Belt: if you can get damage mods on top of life and res on the belt that is of course good. It depends on the other gear pieces as well, and how much health you want and how much res you need from the belt to max your resist.

Arc chains an additional time enchant is obviously good, but I was talking about the one that you get from arc levels, and that could be reached through a +3 staff and empower. A setup like that is an upgrade over agnerod west in most cases I think. It was for me atleast.

Assassins mark: yes less effective on bosses but still pretty good to have and it is 1 affix cost so I think it's worth it.

1 other thought. How is your chaos resist? That could alone be half the reason you are dying to metamorphs. Make sure it is positive if it is not already before you do anything else. The more the better.

new & old players just don't waste your time for this build, this build actually is so weak and useless for 3.9 play, i don't know why this build is number 1 on poe build, enki next time test your build in season early before confirm the upgrade to 3.9 ( metamorph )
"
behert написал:
new & old players just don't waste your time for this build, this build actually is so weak and useless for 3.9 play, i don't know why this build is number 1 on poe build, enki next time test your build in season early before confirm the upgrade to 3.9 ( metamorph )

That really is some eloquent, well thought out feedback. What really impresses me is that you took the time to describe why it is "weak and useless", and what should be improved upon.

The build is excellent at what it attempts to do, which is introduce new players to PoE. It is also quite capable of scaling to destroy the endgame, althought with some investment.
I also like how delayed the comment is, looking at his passive skill tree he's still on the old build.
He really put some work in his critique, lmao.
With nearly 0 chaos res i'm getting oneshotted all the time at 93 lvl with 8.4k ehp and full other resses. If i get chaos res it will fix the problem?
Последняя редакция: Ela1n. Время: 31 янв. 2020 г., 9:50:11
"
Ela1n написал:
With nearly 0 chaos res i'm getting oneshotted all the time at 93 lvl with 8.4k ehp and full other resses. If i get chaos res it will fix the problem?

It will help. You only have the 4-5k health pool against chaos damage.
"
smplx написал:
"
Ela1n написал:

Well, depends on what is oneshotting you. I leveled to 98 with negative chaos res. The best way to give you an answer would be if you could describe what exactly kills you, or upload footage of your gameplay.
"
Lenestol написал:
"
smplx написал:
"
Ela1n написал:

Well, depends on what is oneshotting you. I leveled to 98 with negative chaos res. The best way to give you an answer would be if you could describe what exactly kills you, or upload footage of your gameplay.

Mostly bosses, metamorphs, rare archers, sometimes even regular mobs with attacks/casts. What's the best way to lvl? Or it's just about not dying

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация