Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Fenris1970 написал:
A bit off topic, but I hope its not a problem... I somewhat struggle with blight maps and legion monoliths. Are there any suggested build/item changes for that? Is there any recommended class/build specifically tailored for blight maps and monoliths?

As a follow up to this, I'm curious how do you guys feel about maps and their difficulty level? I'm a new player, so I have no point of reference. I usually play with one or two friends(so, some added difficulty) and on T10 maps, I usually come close to dying two-three times when clearing. Is that normal or I've done something wrong? (I think my gears are relatively good for what I'm trying to do, but appreciate a sanity check from someone more experienced).

Gears:
Скрытый текст
Последняя редакция: Excalibour00. Время: 25 февр. 2020 г., 16:22:42
I didn't craft the staff, I picked it up for like 10c.
"
Excalibour00 написал:
"
Fenris1970 написал:
A bit off topic, but I hope its not a problem... I somewhat struggle with blight maps and legion monoliths. Are there any suggested build/item changes for that? Is there any recommended class/build specifically tailored for blight maps and monoliths?

As a follow up to this, I'm curious how do you guys feel about maps and their difficulty level? I'm a new player, so I have no point of reference. I usually play with one or two friends(so, some added difficulty) and on T10 maps, I usually come close to dying two-three times when clearing. Is that normal or I've done something wrong? (I think my gears are relatively good for what I'm trying to do, but appreciate a sanity check from someone more experienced).

Gears:
Скрытый текст

Hmm...characters in your profile are set to private, so I can't look at anything further, but your gear is, for the most part, quite good (look for a new amulet though), so I'm really surprised you're having that kind of difficulty. You should be able to do most T16 maps pretty easily with everything above, with the right playstyle, even with another player in your party. What are your life and ES? Are you consistently using your flasks before engaging each new mob? Do you have positive chaos resistance? Are you using Steelskin regularly to mitigate damage and Flame Dash to keep Arcane Surge up? Are you casting Arc from a far enough distance?

Also, are you making sure to keep all 4 golems up at all times? This might not be an issue for you, but my close calls and deaths usually happen when I've lost stone and lightning golems.

Maybe someone else will find something I've missed, but from my perspective, any T10 map should be a cakewalk for you if you're using that gear and being smart about using all your resources.

To answer your general question, this build is great for quick mapping and your only difficulties should be with maps that have unfriendly mods (ele reflect, no regen, monsters have chance to avoid elemental ailments, etc).
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
Excalibour00 написал:
"
Fenris1970 написал:

Gears:
Скрытый текст

Hmm...characters in your profile are set to private, so I can't look at anything further, but your gear is, for the most part, quite good (look for a new amulet though), so I'm really surprised you're having that kind of difficulty. You should be able to do most T16 maps pretty easily with everything above, with the right playstyle, even with another player in your party. What are your life and ES? Are you consistently using your flasks before engaging each new mob? Do you have positive chaos resistance? Are you using Steelskin regularly to mitigate damage and Flame Dash to keep Arcane Surge up? Are you casting Arc from a far enough distance?

Also, are you making sure to keep all 4 golems up at all times? This might not be an issue for you, but my close calls and deaths usually happen when I've lost stone and lightning golems.

Maybe someone else will find something I've missed, but from my perspective, any T10 map should be a cakewalk for you if you're using that gear and being smart about using all your resources.

To answer your general question, this build is great for quick mapping and your only difficulties should be with maps that have unfriendly mods (ele reflect, no regen, monsters have chance to avoid elemental ailments, etc).

Thank you, I made my account public, so you can take a look at that too.

As far as maps go, I only avoid the elemental reflect. What's the deal with "chance to avoid elemental ailments? I see that a lot and usually ignore it. Also, the curse that reduces cast speed gives me occasional trouble.

Life and ES are about 4200 and 3200 roughly. I do play relatively cautious too.

What do you suggest for the amulet? got this one because of life leech. Is it worth limiting my option for that or can just ignore it since I have some on my helmet too?
Последняя редакция: Excalibour00. Время: 26 февр. 2020 г., 0:54:48

Pls some tips folks. Im cleaning maps just awsome but i have huuuge issues with metamorphs , sirus and all guardians. Seems like dmg is way too low. What should i improve ?
Okey, changed the helm for +40 dmg one and the energy leech for awak. ele focus and it feels alot better
Gonna just go all out asking for help this time. I feel like at 4200 life and 1300ish ES I am seriously lacking. Here is my stuff - please help me out with what I should improve first, etc. I'm on PS4 so most decent gear is absurdly priced, ie glorious vanity for 25 EX or so. Gear:

I've been keeping an eye out for a 6L staff, but best option I have sen so far is an Agnerod West for 5 EX, which would basically wipe me out. If I can find one I intend to go back to using golems in a 4L and geting orb back in the new 6L. I have just been trying random stuff to see if I could not keep dying on boses. Claering is just fine but I am now doing 3 watchstone conquerers, and if I manage to beat them it takes me 4 or 5 portals. I need to go back to the lab to try for some better enchants, but I really hate running it, as I usually die towards the end and waste 30 or so minutes. Any tips are much appreciated. The staff was bought for 10c, it isn't something I crafted and messed up.
"
Excalibour00 написал:

As far as maps go, I only avoid the elemental reflect. What's the deal with "chance to avoid elemental ailments? I see that a lot and usually ignore it. Also, the curse that reduces cast speed gives me occasional trouble.

What do you suggest for the amulet? got this one because of life leech. Is it worth limiting my option for that or can just ignore it since I have some on my helmet too?

Regarding the map mod, it really hurts one of our most important offensive and defensive mechanics for mapping: making monsters explode on death. We achieve this through Three Dragons (causes our lightning damage from Arc to freeze enemies) and Herald of Ice (causes frozen enemies to explode on death). Offensively, the explosions damage other nearby monsters and cause chain reactions of exploding enemies that can clear a whole pack with one cast in a fraction of a second, greatly boosting clear speed. Defensively, we are safer when packs blow up before they are able to inflict any damage, and there is the added benefit that enemies do not perform any on-death actions if they explode, making this extremely beneficial against, say, those damned porcupines that shoot quills everywhere when they die. The map mod in question prevents us from inflicting elemental ailments--i.e. freeze--on enemies 90% of the time in red maps, which mostly takes away our HoI explosions and all the associated benefits above.

Regarding the reduced cast speed curse, I think you're talking about temporal chains, which affects action speed at large. Horrible map mod for this build, but easily countered with a flask of warding.

7400 is a pretty low life pool for this build, so I'd wager that's why you're feeling squishy.

Suggestions for gear are below. Obviously keep in mind the required resistances and attributes you'll need to account for. This is in addition to my suggestions from previous replies.

Amulet--the life leech on your helmet is more than sufficient, so don't worry about that. Offensively, the ideal amulet has +1 to lighting gems and +1 to intelligence gems (requires an Awakener's orb to craft). In your case, you want t1 or t2 life and % increased ES mods on there at the very least. It's also a good place to get stats, if needed, and other assorted defensive mods. In terms of an anointment, I'd go for something that provides life and/or ES over damage, at least until you're feeling less squishy.

Belt--you seriously want a stygian vise with really good life and resistances socketed with an abyssal jewel that has good life/ES rolls. If you can find ES on the belt itself, so much the better. Spamming pristine + prismatic fossils is a really easy way to get something good. Also a good place for chaos resistance, along with gloves/boots. Here's mine, as an example:

Assassin's Mark ring--you can really do better here. Find one that at least has decent life and/or ES.

Vermillion ring--surprised you didn't use blessed orbs to get 2% more increased life on its implicit, but really, there are only two good mods on this ring, plus your crafted one. Find one with good life and ES and whatever else you need. Even if it's a different base type, you'll still be better off.

Gloves--I'm sure you're loathe to part with the Culling Strike affix, but I honestly think right now you'd be better served by gloves with 120+ ES and 90+ life. That alone would make an immediate difference in your survivability.

So basically, replace your jewelry as you're able and go for survivability over culling strike on your gloves until you're less squishy.

You should easily be able to get another 1.5-2k eHP if you make those upgrades.
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 26 февр. 2020 г., 14:21:39
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
Excalibour00 написал:

Regarding the map mod, it really hurts one of our most important offensive and defensive mechanics for mapping: making monsters explode on death. We achieve this through Three Dragons (causes our lightning damage from Arc to freeze enemies) and Herald of Ice (causes frozen enemies to explode on death). Offensively, the explosions damage other nearby monsters and cause chain reactions of exploding enemies that can clear a whole pack with one cast in a fraction of a second, greatly boosting clear speed. Defensively, we are safer when packs blow up before they are able to inflict any damage, and there is the added benefit that enemies do not perform any on-death actions if they explode, making this extremely beneficial against, say, those damned porcupines that shoot quills everywhere when they die. The map mod in question prevents us from inflicting elemental ailments--i.e. freeze--on enemies 90% of the time in red maps, which mostly takes away our HoI explosions and all the associated benefits above.

Regarding the reduced cast speed curse, I think you're talking about temporal chains, which affects action speed at large. Horrible map mod for this build, but easily countered with a flask of warding.

7400 is a pretty low life pool for this build, so I'd wager that's why you're feeling squishy.

Suggestions for gear are below. Obviously keep in mind the required resistances and attributes you'll need to account for. This is in addition to my suggestions from previous replies.

Amulet--the life leech on your helmet is more than sufficient, so don't worry about that. Offensively, the ideal amulet has +1 to lighting gems and +1 to intelligence gems (requires an Awakener's orb to craft). In your case, you want t1 or t2 life and % increased ES mods on there at the very least. It's also a good place to get stats, if needed, and other assorted defensive mods. In terms of an anointment, I'd go for something that provides life and/or ES over damage, at least until you're feeling less squishy.

Belt--you seriously want a stygian vise with really good life and resistances socketed with an abyssal jewel that has good life/ES rolls. If you can find ES on the belt itself, so much the better. Spamming pristine + prismatic fossils is a really easy way to get something good. Also a good place for chaos resistance, along with gloves/boots. Here's mine, as an example:

Assassin's Mark ring--you can really do better here. Find one that at least has decent life and/or ES.

Vermillion ring--surprised you didn't use blessed orbs to get 2% more increased life on its implicit, but really, there are only two good mods on this ring, plus your crafted one. Find one with good life and ES and whatever else you need. Even if it's a different base type, you'll still be better off.

Gloves--I'm sure you're loathe to part with the Culling Strike affix, but I honestly think right now you'd be better served by gloves with 120+ ES and 90+ life. That alone would make an immediate difference in your survivability.

So basically, replace your jewelry as you're able and go for survivability over culling strike on your gloves until you're less squishy.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. One last question on this:

How does the % increased maximum life/ES work? Does it stack? I mostly focused on %increase instead of the flat amount and I'm wondering if it's a good decision or not.
"
Excalibour00 написал:
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
Excalibour00 написал:

Thank you for all the great suggestions. One last question on this:

How does the % increased maximum life/ES work? Does it stack? I mostly focused on %increase instead of the flat amount and I'm wondering if it's a good decision or not.

% increased life is stacked additively from all sources and then applied as a single multiplier to your base life.

(The same principal applies to energy shield.)

Flat life and % increased life are most powerful when combined properly. Focusing on either too much will throw off the balance and yield diminishing returns.

Say you have 200% increased life from your gear and passives and 1,000 base life from your gear and strength stat (and any passives that give flat life). You'd have 3,000 life. Now say we equip a new helmet that adds 300 flat life more than your old helmet did. That 200% increased life multiplier is applied to that 300 life, and now your total life is 3,900.

Now say you have 50% increased life from gear and passives but 2,000 base life; you'd end up with 3,000 life, the same amount as the example above. However, if you add another 300 base life in this scenario, you end up with only 3,450 total life, significantly less than the example above.

They're both hugely important. We get a decent amount of % increased life from passive clusters, so adding more base life tends to be disproportionately more effective on a per-affix basis. Getting even another 30 flat life on each of the 5 items I suggested will probably add 400-500 to your life total (I'm estimating but I don't think that's too far off). With "gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield" affix on chest armor, this also adds another flat 40-50 to your ES, which is then multiplied by your % increased ES, and so results in another, say, 130ish extra total ES. So adding just 150 flat life to the build adds 500-600 to your total eHP pool. This is why flat life/ES are so important! (Also why that affix is so powerful!)

You can definitely find more helpful discussions about this topic on Reddit.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация