Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Nyangoro написал:
"
Gimdornim написал:

You are comparing apples and oranges. If you have the budget to set up aura stacker and spend it on Enki's arc witch instead, A8 Sirus and Uber Elder will not be unforgiving. They'll be jokes.

It's merely a myth that the nominal 300% aurastacker build is particularly expensive. If you try to min-max 400% with perfect notables 6 passive clusters, that's when it starts to get exorbitant, but 300% aura value to hit 90% AR? That's easily achieveable with subpar 4-5 passive medium clusters and 1c uniques.

"
Gimdornim написал:

On the other hand, if you're talking about deep delve/100% delirius maps as "endgame content", then I'd agree that this build is not the most efficient use of currency. It never meant to be one anyway, and neither did any other builds that label themselves as beginner.

"Beginner build" is a misnomer if they do not cruise said beginners through endgame content with minimal effort.

Which is the case for this build, because it has a signifcantly higher skill requirement by virtue of demanding the user dodge fatal mechanics that other builds can innately nullify with a similar level of investment.

I've done aura stacker myself in the past league, and from what I see in this league it definitely requires at least 20ex to get going. Post us a character that you've done significantly less than that and we'll discuss. You'll also not be able to do enjoy aura stacking during levelling. Try telling beginner that they'll be on their own until they make it into lvl 80s to transit to aura stacker.

The second paragraph is particularly curious. "Beginner" in my opinion has completely different meaning. It means allowing you to learn about the game and do all contents, but the contents will still provide challenges. You'll not be afking Sirus storm, afking blight, stomping through T17+ delirius maps like they are T1s. If something requires dodging/repositioning/planning, you'll have to do so. You won't die if you just eat a fraction of Sirus beam due to high MoM, which makes Sirus less punishing than for most beginner builds(most I've played will simply die), but you will definitely die if you just want to stand still and spam arc. So it allows you to beat Sirus, but you still need to learn him. You seem to think that a beginner build should definitely prevent the character from dying in all situations. That's not a beginner build. That's an immortal build, which is created with a special purpose in mind: face tanking everything. Let us take a look at some long-living beginner builds on forum: spectre, ED trickster, TR pathfinder, etc. Which one is designed so that you can face tank Sirus? You can certainly try any builds that pleases you, and I used Enki's arc as a league starter myself to earn enough currency for 2 other builds I'm playing atm. But blaming not being able to finish Sirus on Enki's arc is to me a bit like blaming not being able to finish twilight strand -- you can still die there, but it's likely user error.
"
Nyangoro написал:

"Beginner build" is a misnomer if they do not cruise said beginners through endgame content with minimal effort.

Which is the case for this build, because it has a signifcantly higher skill requirement by virtue of demanding the user dodge fatal mechanics that other builds can innately nullify with a similar level of investment.

I also want to chime in to mention the useful details provided by this guide.

I agree your point that this build cannot be totally newbie-free due to the lack of tankiness at end game. However, with so many details, this guide is helpful to develop a beginner out of their newbie zone.

I haven't found another guide that can explain details e.g. leveling suggestions so well like this one.
"
WorderMostFoul написал:

Can you name any such "beginner build" that will cruise a noob through endgame content? With the possible exception of a summoner build, I can't think of any beginner build that really achieves this.

I mean, you answered the question yourself. But even putting summoner builds aside, the aura variant of Arc is definitely in the middle of non-aura Arc and summoners in terms of difficulty, if a balance between "beginner-friendly" and "learning mechanics" is truly sought after.

At the very least, the frustration of getting one-shotted by a stray hit in between block chance failing and Arcane Surge dropping would be much lesser.
"
Gimdornim написал:

I've done aura stacker myself in the past league, and from what I see in this league it definitely requires at least 20ex to get going. Post us a character that you've done significantly less than that and we'll discuss.

Did you skip past the point where I mentioned 4-5 passive medium clusters were significantly cheaper than their counterparts? I know this, because when I leveled my aura stacker this league I was sitting on 4-5 medium passive clusters when levelling pre-90, simply because they were so cheap.

"
Gimdornim написал:

You'll also not be able to do enjoy aura stacking during levelling. Try telling beginner that they'll be on their own until they make it into lvl 80s to transit to aura stacker.

I don't quite understand this non-sequitur - guides revolving around aura stacking can, and have, for the record, guided their readers how to slowly increase the number of auras as they level, and which to prioritize. Some don't of course, but I don't think playing to confirmation bias is really the game you wish to play here.

"
Gimdornim написал:

The second paragraph is particularly curious. "Beginner" in my opinion has completely different meaning. It means allowing you to learn about the game and do all contents, but the contents will still provide challenges.

Which then begs the question: why are you so vehemently against the notion of aura stacking arc? If you truly mean what you say here, then having a middle-ground option lined up for less mechanical players who instead are better at the theorycrafting portion of the game, should be a viable option instead of one that should be shot down on sight.

It's not like aura stacking arc has all the advantages of that of their aura stacking summoner counterparts, like body blocking, the full array of defensive debuffs and the ability to run around without stopping to dps.
Последняя редакция: Nyangoro. Время: 24 нояб. 2020 г., 15:43:08
Hi folks, do you have any advice why may i run out of mana on bossfights so fast?

here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/5CrPGJBN

and maybe you can tell me what to improve to get more DPS cuz i got stuck at this moment

Survability is quite good till i dash in pack of strong mobs so i am now curious what to upgrade for better DPS.
"
banita5000 написал:
Hi folks, do you have any advice why may i run out of mana on bossfights so fast?

here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/5CrPGJBN

and maybe you can tell me what to improve to get more DPS cuz i got stuck at this moment

Survability is quite good till i dash in pack of strong mobs so i am now curious what to upgrade for better DPS.

Level up the gems you are using to level 20 and corrupt them to 21, make sure you have 20% quality on the ones that need that.

Get one of these

and get a Thread of Hope, use the points saved and more levels to start using cluster jewels which really help flasks perform better. You can get levels easily running level 83 Tunnel or Repository contracts, without mods the risk of dying is very low, if you are dying use lower level contracts. Open all rooms, set off the alarm, go back and forth through it two or three times and leave. The loot isn't good but the XP is almost free, 10 to 15 millions points per contract at 83 and if you don't do Grand Heists you can sell the markers made at 25k per ex.

I think you should use a normal life flask and get a silver flask which will help damage and survivability. I don't think the flask setup in the guide can be much improved upon. I have never used the Forbidden Taste flask but suspect it is killing you.

I think you should also replace conductivity with spell cascade and get Kitava's teaching in the cluster setup.
"
Nyangoro написал:
"
Gimdornim написал:

I've done aura stacker myself in the past league, and from what I see in this league it definitely requires at least 20ex to get going. Post us a character that you've done significantly less than that and we'll discuss.

Did you skip past the point where I mentioned 4-5 passive medium clusters were significantly cheaper than their counterparts? I know this, because when I leveled my aura stacker this league I was sitting on 4-5 medium passive clusters when levelling pre-90, simply because they were so cheap.

"
Gimdornim написал:

You'll also not be able to do enjoy aura stacking during levelling. Try telling beginner that they'll be on their own until they make it into lvl 80s to transit to aura stacker.

I don't quite understand this non-sequitur - guides revolving around aura stacking can, and have, for the record, guided their readers how to slowly increase the number of auras as they level, and which to prioritize. Some don't of course, but I don't think playing to confirmation bias is really the game you wish to play here.

"
Gimdornim написал:

The second paragraph is particularly curious. "Beginner" in my opinion has completely different meaning. It means allowing you to learn about the game and do all contents, but the contents will still provide challenges.

Which then begs the question: why are you so vehemently against the notion of aura stacking arc? If you truly mean what you say here, then having a middle-ground option lined up for less mechanical players who instead are better at the theorycrafting portion of the game, should be a viable option instead of one that should be shot down on sight.

It's not like aura stacking arc has all the advantages of that of their aura stacking summoner counterparts, like body blocking, the full array of defensive debuffs and the ability to run around without stopping to dps.

I'm curious which guides you are talking about. A quick search reveals

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2913007
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2965448
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2952400

and many more. All of them involves using alternative setup/skills during levelling before switching to aura stacker setup. That's also how I played mine during Harvest. Even just getting to cluster jewel sockets requires some levelling. If you are proposing a build that

1. uses arc from the beginning
2. has your major offensive and defensive options ready before finishing acts
3. runs at a similar budget as this build

then I'm all for it. But if you're just theorycrafting in PoB using a level 90 character, you're not gonna see if it's viable or not at all. I've done theorycrafting myself with countless meme builds, all turned out to be not nearly as balanced as Enki's arc. Instead of theorycrafting and comparing your imaginary beginner aura stacking arc with Enki's, why not just reroll a witch and see how it plays out according to your planning? If it works we will be happy to learn another viable way to play arc, too.

edit. If that's not clear enough, I'm not against the idea of aura stacking arc at all. I've tried several version of arc builds myself. I'm just against playing a sound build incorrectly and blaming things on the build. I'll also stop replying to this topic as I do not find the discussion constructive, especially since we both don't have an aura stacking arc character atm.
Последняя редакция: Gimdornim. Время: 24 нояб. 2020 г., 17:10:44
"
Gimdornim написал:

I'm curious which guides you are talking about. A quick search reveals

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2913007
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2965448
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2952400

and many more. All of them involves using alternative setup/skills during levelling before switching to aura stacker setup. That's also how I played mine during Harvest. Even just getting to cluster jewel sockets requires some levelling. If you are proposing a build that

1. uses arc from the beginning

Then following your own logic, if you weren't specifically playing aura stacker arc in harvest, your experience is irrelevant here, yes?

Because these things tend to work both ways.

"
Gimdornim написал:

2. has your major offensive and defensive options ready before finishing acts

Why is this really that relevant, when the endpoint in either aura or non-aura version that the player is still spamming arc in the end to do damage?

The only real difficulty is the burden of knowledge involved from swapping from block-/active skill-oriented mitigation to the more passive ones from auras, which surprise surprise, is solved by having a guide.

"
Gimdornim написал:

3. runs at a similar budget as this build

then I'm all for it. But if you're just theorycrafting in PoB using a level 90 character, you're not gonna see if it's viable or not at all. I've done theorycrafting myself with countless meme builds, all turned out to be not nearly as balanced as Enki's arc. Instead of theorycrafting and comparing your imaginary beginner aura stacking arc with Enki's, why not just reroll a witch and see how it plays out according to your planning? If it works we will be happy to learn another viable way to play arc, too.

The glaringly obvious flaw in your logic here:

"runs at a similar budget as this build" - so you are saying, the significant cost spike of transitioning from Enki's build to things like Garb of Defiance and curse medium clusters is a-ok, but somehow, affording 4-5 passive aura medium clusters is out of the book, even though they are really cheap because the supply is much larger than the demand due to obvious reasons.

"
Gimdornim написал:

edit. If that's not clear enough, I'm not against the idea of aura stacking arc at all. I've tried several version of arc builds myself. I'm just against playing a sound build incorrectly and blaming things on the build. I'll also stop replying to this topic as I do not find the discussion constructive, especially since we both don't have an aura stacking arc character atm.

Sorry, it's just plain condescending, and rude to essentially tell beginners "to just git gud" if they rightfully report problems surviving endgame content with this build.

It's ironic you would invoke a counterpoint revolving around "constructive discussion" when your stance is of one of elitism, of "I, a skilled and experienced veteran can do it, so if you as a beginner can't it's just your fault, too bad".

But I suppose it's true, you are right there's literally nothing constructive about all of this when this thread is filled with beginners following the guide point-for-point wondering why they are constantly dying in higher tier maps and content; and that the veterans like you are telling them it's just "their fault for not playing the build properly" instead of truthfully and objectively telling them the drawbacks of the build not being based on constant and sustained mitigation, and that it is based on all-or-nothing block-based and non-100% uptime mitigation like Arcane Cloak.
Последняя редакция: Nyangoro. Время: 24 нояб. 2020 г., 23:43:50
"
Nyangoro написал:

But I suppose it's true, you are right there's literally nothing constructive about all of this when this thread is filled with beginners following the guide point-for-point wondering why they are constantly dying in higher tier maps and content; and that the veterans like you are telling them it's just "their fault for not playing the build properly" instead of truthfully and objectively telling them the drawbacks of the build not being based on constant and sustained mitigation, and that it is based on all-or-nothing block-based and non-100% uptime mitigation like Arcane Cloak.

Holy hell who are you? Trolling with walls of texts. You're agressive, condensending and anoying. And you wonder why people don't want to discuss with you. You must be popular at parties...
Nothing more than helpful answers here. It's my first contact with Arc build and EVERY time I asked something, I got a few answers explaining step by step.

Damn, man just get lost.
"
Mike1980 написал:

Holy hell who are you? Trolling with walls of texts. You're agressive, condensending and anoying. And you wonder why people don't want to discuss with you. You must be popular at parties...
Nothing more than helpful answers here. It's my first contact with Arc build and EVERY time I asked something, I got a few answers explaining step by step.

Damn, man just get lost.

Cool, you bought into the "this build is perfectly fine, you are just bad" nonsense propagated in this thread. That's really on you though, and not on me for being "agressive, condensending and anoying".

Lots of people love to live in a lie, and take personal offense when someone comes along to tell them the tough truth. Again, that's really the problem of the former, and not the latter.

"
Mike1980 написал:

Nothing more than helpful answers here.

"Helpful answers" which conveniently and consistently fail to mention how rippy this build is at higher tier content, and always shift the blame onto those asking the questions as wholly responsible for their performance.
Последняя редакция: Nyangoro. Время: 25 нояб. 2020 г., 11:11:38

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация