Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

*sigh*

so just for 'shits and giggles' I decided to buy a void battery to see how much I can gain from it. Turns out, not so much...

"
DEMON'S HORN + PROFANE WAND

43,584 - 0 CHARGES
52,515 - PENDULUM

56,433 - 5 CHARGES
67,541 - 5 CHARGES & PENDULUM

DEMON'S HORN + VOID BATTERY

29,919 - 0 CHARGES
37,296 - PENDULUM

57,856 - 6 CHARGES
65,079 - 6 CHARGES & PENDULUM

VOID BATTERY + PROFANE WAND

30,228 - 0 CHARGES
37,894 - PENDULUM

56,259 - 6 CHARGES
66,171 - 6 CHARGES & PENDULUM

Anyhow I decided to try one of the four shaper guardians, the minotaur and after dying 4x to him, I only managed to take 5% of his HP...

Demotivated I went back to grinding regular t13-t15 maps when suddenly I received a Dark Woods Map drop. I haven't run this map yet, but hey how bad can it be right? Fast forward 6 deaths on the boss and I have turned the game off. I'm not sure how much more DPS I can squeeze out of this char, I mean with golems it says that my Arc does 100,000, but still it is not enough, and on bosses which are movement heavy (dark woods) I dont even get to cast...
Последняя редакция: owa. Время: 21 окт. 2016 г., 20:39:42
yep. im noticing the same thing. char is fun to grind maps but it is really trash vs bosses where you need to move t12+

thinking i may need to figure out a way to work in totems tbh.
lol.. so this is a little random.

threw in a lvl 15 storm call gem, ditched my empower, went with less duration, and went double curse crit DW stormcaller without really changing the build.. the cast speed, vaal haste, and storm call are absolutely INSANE. single target is HILARIOUS. CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUNKing down bosses.

for packs, i just jump into the middle let the curses do their thing pop my vink and blow everything on the screen up.

i am clearing just as fast in maps and MUCH faster in bosses.

arcs dead lol
"
wimpy_tuna написал:
lol.. so this is a little random.

threw in a lvl 15 storm call gem, ditched my empower, went with less duration, and went double curse crit DW stormcaller without really changing the build.. the cast speed, vaal haste, and storm call are absolutely INSANE. single target is HILARIOUS. CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUNKing down bosses.

for packs, i just jump into the middle let the curses do their thing pop my vink and blow everything on the screen up.

i am clearing just as fast in maps and MUCH faster in bosses.

arcs dead lol

Thanks for this - wouldn't even be a bad idea to keep those 2 gems around in inventory for swapping for bosses. I've been kiting with lighting warp a lot for bosses but for some, it's impossible.
Последняя редакция: daleyyc. Время: 22 окт. 2016 г., 8:35:12
have to be honest if i knew how rough this build was on bosses i probably wouldn't have even messed with it from the start, it's my first "real build" in poe and the storm call makes it work a little bit but i would love to find another crit build with wands that i could swap into and really handle the bosses of the game.
"
wimpy_tuna написал:
have to be honest if i knew how rough this build was on bosses i probably wouldn't have even messed with it from the start, it's my first "real build" in poe and the storm call makes it work a little bit but i would love to find another crit build with wands that i could swap into and really handle the bosses of the game.

In this game "mostly" builds are either good on bosses OR good on clear speed... some are "ok" on both and very few are fabulous on both. It's totally normal to swap a gem to a a single target attack for bosses in PoE (to the point where in my opinon, there should be a UI for doing it.

@Wimpy; The difficulty spike in high tier maps is a balance issue GGG need to address within the game itself *IF* they want true build diversity. The current meta is CI, high ES, high damage, instant leech, to the point you can simply out leech many of the hard fight mechanics. The further up the difficulty ladder you climb in PoE, the less diverse the builds become if your goal is to do all content on easy mode farm. Just a heads up, if you want to swap to a meta build it is not going to be cheap to get the results you see on videos.

For the gear investment Arc is a cheap and speedy map clearer that does slow down on bosses, I'm currently killing T11-T14 (I only run rare maps) bosses in under 20 seconds using Mastermind buffs and flame totem. Under T10, bosses are dead before Vinktar's expires. If this is your first character you've gone deep on, on T11+ you really need to pay attention to map mods, some of the things that look easy will cause you to RIP, such as additional projectiles on some bosses.

I have a Lv.20-20%q Storm Call, it is faster on bosses but there really isn't any comparison for clearing the map itself. Arc isn't a top tier build, it doesn't claim to be so I think maybe your expectations are too high.

"
owa написал:
*sigh*

so just for 'shits and giggles' I decided to buy a void battery to see how much I can gain from it. Turns out, not so much...

Ohhh no Owa! I did the math a while back and could have told you this :( to make Void Battery a worth while investment you must have two for +2 Power charge and 50% more spell damage per power charge. It's all relative to how good your wands are, and yours are actually pretty good wands. If you went dual you'd see a 10-12K DPS increase at full power charges with a Lv.22 or 23 Arc. Dual Void Batteries with 8 power charges is like having 160% spell damage per wand. Good cast speed rolls on both also help that tooltip DPS boost up.

If my run of good RNG continues, I might buy a pair before this league finishes, let's see though.
Последняя редакция: Sectiplave. Время: 22 окт. 2016 г., 20:39:14
what did you drop for flame totem?

i definitely think if i had totem i would not hate this build as much on bosses.
Thanks to everyone who kept answering while i was busy.

Storm Call is indeed a good boss killer skill, but i wouldn't go as far to say Arc is completely dead based on this. Thanks to all the feedback here and multiple people brainstorming how to improve single target, i can guarantee it will get better with the next version of this build, even if none of the new skills should serve as a good single target for Arc.

I've recently made similar discoveries about rares vs. Void Battery, will reflect that deeper in the new update. Anuhart made a good comment about it in his thread, Void Battery is currently mostly a signature unique for Assassin. Speaking of that, i'm thinking to remove all but the witch version on the next update, so i can go deeper with a total optimization of this build.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
wimpy_tuna написал:
what did you drop for flame totem?

i definitely think if i had totem i would not hate this build as much on bosses.

Swapped out immortal call for flame totem.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация