Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@Enki91: Thanks a lot for your fast reply ! So I will buy one right away :)
"
Kansey написал:
@Enki91: Thanks a lot for your fast reply ! So I will buy one right away :)

lucky you who can afford it XD
ok gents... it's taken me ALOT of work to rebuild this for t12+ - especially bosses. i was able to keep much of what we have in place, but i swapped our trees pathing up quite a bit and it won't be done until about lvl 92~ now (finishing points will vary)

however, i did have to completely get rid of arc and swap it for storm call.

by doing that, i also swapped into a carcass jack. you can check the build out in my profile, i need to respec a point or two at 90 because i had to swap into a +30 dex node temporarily. also grabbing AOE in templar tree.

it's still the same premise, crit crit crit, however, i swapped to heralds, the jack, and moved our tree around a bit. still life / vaal pact though.

very fun build, i am absolutely steamrolling now, especially bosses. i am very happy with the changes i made after quite a bit of testing.

again, i'll post the full build when i get some time.

https://www.twitch.tv/lamebwah/v/96756929 - t13 sulphur wastes yellow/corrupted clear

https://www.twitch.tv/lamebwah/v/96765311 - t8? atoll yellow/rare clear
Последняя редакция: wimpy_tuna. Время: 23 окт. 2016 г., 16:00:40
"
Giammafix написал:
so you cast the flame totem with cast on damage taken?

Hell naw, you need control over totem placement, so I changed CWDT for increased duration.

I also did some testing last night for Mastermind of Discord, much to my disappointment you need to cast the spell yourself to trigger the resistance penetration, i.e you cannot do CWDT + Frost Bomb to count as casting a cold spell :(

I was hoping to automate that as while mastermind is a solid DPS boost, juggling Orb of Storms, Flame Totem & Frost Bomb while reviving golems on T14+ maps is a lot to keep a track of.

@Wimpy; Storm Call certainly looks fun, but the map clear speed is noticably slower, and all your life leech comes in large bursts which can leave some open windows for incoming damage spikes, however the bonus is that you can be more mobile during boss fights as Storm Call is such a fast casting spell. I'm not sold on it personally but still do use it from time to time to kill Atziri.
Последняя редакция: Sectiplave. Время: 23 окт. 2016 г., 21:42:00
hehe.

wait til you see the new tree / item set i put together.

t14 palace 0 death corrupted easy.

peep it in my character info section if ya like.

been at it all night again. this is the arc-volution

:P

also as far as speed goes, this build is faster than arc in every single way. not really sure how you can say it's slower. arc is just slow and clunky after t8
Последняя редакция: wimpy_tuna. Время: 23 окт. 2016 г., 21:36:02
VOID battery testing;

I performed all tests in white unmodded maps with a Lv.20 Ice & Lightning Golem active, and WITHOUT pendulum's 100% elemental damage boost. My Arc is Lv.21 corrupted and using Empower Lv.2 so Lv.22 Arc. Obviously the DPS gain depends on your rare wands, my wands are pretty good for this build linked below;

Rare wands at 6 power charges; 69,941dps - 69.07% crit
Skull Call & Void at 7 power charges; 73,604dps - 70.54% crit
Soul Bite & Void at 7 power charges; 74,204dps - 70.79% crit
Void Batteries at 8 power charges; 82,414dps - 72.89% crit

With void batteries it's also a DPS boost to swap the 3 nodes to Storm Weaver, and add the extra power charge at the assassin side.

Void Batteries at 9 power charges; tooltip 84,352dps - 73.45% crit chance

Good to finally put my thoughts to the test, but yes as you can see it's a 4K dps gain from one void or a 14K dps gain from two. So it's really safe to say single Void Battery simply isn't worth the cost, only change when you can afford two. *NOTE* What you also don't see here is due to Voids dps coming from a large amount of +spell damage% my flame totem and Orb of Storms both had significant dps boosts as well all adding to single target damage.

All above testing is with 16% spell damage fingerless silk gloves, swapping to face breakers = 102,515dps at 9 power charges. I've rebalanced my resists to include facebreakers as the damage and hence leech gain is simply second to none. Map clearing is really good, the only hard part is having to cast a cold spell slows me down, flame totem doesn't get used unless it's an essence pack or a boss.

Hope ya'll found this worth while :)
Последняя редакция: Sectiplave. Время: 23 окт. 2016 г., 21:52:24
lol your arc has almost 100k dps?

that's crazy. must be huge gains from leveling and corrupting gems and what not.

hell my storm call is only at like 14k dmg in tooltip, no wonder we see drastically different results. my arc was 55k with all buffs active.

still though, i get 5 storm calls per pop, so i guess it evens out. i'm at 22k with power charges/golems i think. maybe 25? i forget. between heralds popping off and storm call going nuts i guess i get a nice boost.

again though:

here's a quick cemetery clear i just did. how can you call this slower than our basic arc setup?

https://www.twitch.tv/lamebwah/v/96872680

<3

i said it wrong in the video also, with buffs up and storm call sitting at 21k during fights, i chunk bosses / yellows for 105k per use. that's alot of dmg.

edit

quick question

i notice on my personal skill tree it says i have 16 points left, yet i'm level 87.

i was fairly sure i hit all the quests that give skill credits, but i stopped merciless after an indom spirit.

are there more skill credit quests in a4? where are those 3 extra credits?
Последняя редакция: wimpy_tuna. Время: 24 окт. 2016 г., 7:26:31
Hello!
First off all, this seems like an strong and fun build to play, but as a very new player i am totally lost in some aspects! 1. What class to pick from the beginning, dont know if i should use witch or shadow?! As i can tell from the guide, witch is all around the best to pick but shadow got the MOST damage you can get.Does it really matter for end-game if i play witch/or shadow? Now to 2. i dont really get what skill gems to use, i mean they are all listed up but do i use the same ones for every starting class and does only the passive skill tree make a big difference? And when i decide to play this build with shadow, what does "recommended for Void Battery users" mean?

I hope you can help me decide what class to play and maybe answer some of my questions from above.I know that this reply maybe comes off pretty annoying for some experienced players but did we not all start small? :(
@xIronMaiden; The writer of this guide is going to be changing it to a Witch only guide in the next update, I'd recommend witch as this is what all the active posters are testing with. You level with Spark until you are near end game.

@Wimpy, Yes that is a fast clear to boss, for context that was an easy map compared to your level and gear. I've run a Lv.20 Storm Call + Conc Effect on T11 and T12 maps it kills quickly enough, however things became dangerous and I encountered a lot of HP dips to 50% even with enfeeble dual curse protection. The things that slowed down the clear speed were not casting enough to kill everything or things falling outside radius due to conc effect, as well as elemental reflect mobs being soo damn dangerous. I don't have a 6L Carcass Jack to test with, and didn't respec my tree so it's an unfair comparison.

I'm by no means saying Storm Call is a bad or slow skill. I'm saying it's not optimal (hence slower) if you want to try and adapt this build into a storm call build. There are better guides for storm call that can net you 40 to 45K+ storm call dps (I hit 30K with my gear FULLY buffed), also ele reflect maps will be unrunnable for storm call, even ele reflect mobs are a concern.

The biggest issue for me is you've dropped lightning coil and don't have enfeeble, the survivability in hard modded red maps is going to be an issue. Clear speed is moot if you die or are unable to run map mods.

My Arc fully buffed is above 118K dps now, and while my gear costs about 10ex all up, I am finding Arc more than acceptable for running maps upto T15. Guardians are a pain though.

I play Arc because I enjoy the skill and find it fun, not because it's the best on paper, it reminds me of Diablo2 chain lightning Sorceress which I play A LOT of back in the day! I just enjoy seeing how much can be done with it. I've hit 36 challenges and almost hit my personally goal of Lv.92 and Lv.3 Empower at which point I'll retire the character and Essence league.

It's been fun though I get almost as much fun out of build tweaking and theory crafting as playing the game. But yeah you can see why LiftingNerdBro, Hege, ProjectPT all said Arc needed some love to compete with meta skills.
Последняя редакция: Sectiplave. Время: 24 окт. 2016 г., 17:36:08
"
Sectiplave написал:

My Arc fully buffed is above 118K dps now, and while my gear costs about 10ex all up, I am finding Arc more than acceptable for running maps upto T15. Guardians are a pain though.

I play Arc because I enjoy the skill and find it fun, not because it's the best on paper, it reminds me of Diablo2 chain lightning Sorceress which I play A LOT of back in the day! I just enjoy seeing how much can be done with it. I've hit 36 challenges and almost hit my personally goal of Lv.92 and Lv.3 Empower at which point I'll retire the character and Essence league.

It's been fun though I get almost as much fun out of build tweaking and theory crafting as playing the game. But yeah you can see why LiftingNerdBro, Hege, ProjectPT all said Arc needed some love to compete with meta skills.

I totally agree with your sentiments in the last two paragraphs.

Any chance you can make your characters public? I'd like to have a look.

Cheers to D2 chain lightning sorc.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Последняя редакция: Dspayre. Время: 24 окт. 2016 г., 22:31:01

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация