Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I like it :)

Pledge dropped for me in a shrine yesterday, so I'm gonna try out this build :)
IGN: RFMeis
"
Meisen написал:
I like it :)

Pledge dropped for me in a shrine yesterday, so I'm gonna try out this build :)

Thanks man, let me know how it works out for you. And grats on the drop!
twitch.tv/enki91
My congratulations for a very well written guide with insightful information regarding crit arc'ing. Actually it's the only useful guide in all the Witch section. While I have regards for Victor's guide using The Three Dragons, I find both damage and the freezing utility kinda of underwhelming, since that with high damage you will be freezing packs anyway with just HoI.

I played a Life based Crit Arc'er for almost a year now, and I've been through alot of setups until I found what I consider the most balanced regarding clear speed and reflect protection.

I used a myriad of of weapon combinations including a rare crit wand, void battery, catalyst, pledge of hands and a handful of rare shields, and rathpith.

The best setup for Life based was absolutely the Combination of a 6L Pledge of Hands with a 6L CoD ( a 5L will be enough ) whilist having Vaal Pact.

Basically since Pledge has 7th Link you can throw in a Life Leech go all out giving you enough time to pull out that topaz flask / rumi's. All of this using both HoI and HoL and maximizing the clearspeed.

For the last two months I've been using a Low Life Version which absolutely trashes any life version, but low life requires a diferent kind of flask setup to make it work and a couple of underused nodes on the tree which are absolutely a must.

All in all , a great guide, I might write a Low-Life based on in the future, cheers.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
Thanks Ntk! Just as you, i've played a lot of different Arc setups since 1.1.0, from stuff like Eva/Acro Crit Arc all the way to Lowlife RF Arc, but this rather simple Life Crit Arcer seems to work the best.

I personally prefer 2x Catalyst over Pledge, but i've also only had the chance to test with a 5L Pledge (actually had one of the first 6L Pledge in Standard, but used it for a first variation of the now popular Flaming Pulse back then). Got two really good wands for this build waiting in Torment, will update with results and if i get a 6L Pledge until then add those results aswell.

Goodluck with your LL Arc guide, if you need any help or some feedback before posting it, hit me up!
twitch.tv/enki91
Hello,the build is very amazing but I want to ask you about something because may be i don't understand linking gems very well.

I have tabula rasa , when i tried to link (just for test) "arc//spell echo//faster casting//inc. crit. dmg//inc. crit. chance//add lightening dmg" the total dps was about 7000 dps ,my questions are:

1- Does it make any difference linking 6 gems in armor than linking them in a weapon? for example if i have pledge of hands , would 7000 jump to even 30k not 45k like yours?
2- the 6L i listed are all gems lvls 17~19 with no quality , would that make a huge difference?
3- if the problem is my gears(not very good btw) , would wearing better gears cause the huge jump in dps?

with tabula rasa i couldn't reach even 10k , how could arc dps jump to 45k like your build ?

NOTE : we both have almost same tree , my offensive stats are :

46% inc elem dmg , 147% inc light. dmg , 70% spell dmg

Thanks in advance :)
"
Altair_Pc написал:
Hello,the build is very amazing but I want to ask you about something because may be i don't understand linking gems very well.

I have tabula rasa , when i tried to link (just for test) "arc//spell echo//faster casting//inc. crit. dmg//inc. crit. chance//add lightening dmg" the total dps was about 7000 dps ,my questions are:

1- Does it make any difference linking 6 gems in armor than linking them in a weapon? for example if i have pledge of hands , would 7000 jump to even 30k not 45k like yours?
2- the 6L i listed are all gems lvls 17~19 with no quality , would that make a huge difference?
3- if the problem is my gears(not very good btw) , would wearing better gears cause the huge jump in dps?

with tabula rasa i couldn't reach even 10k , how could arc dps jump to 45k like your build ?

NOTE : we both have almost same tree , my offensive stats are :

46% inc elem dmg , 147% inc light. dmg , 70% spell dmg

Thanks in advance :)

Hey, glad you like the build! Your DPS problems have many causes, i'll try to explain a bit in detail while answering your questions.

Before going into your questions, your gem choice is not optimal. Arc has 50% damage effectiveness, that means only half of the bonus from flat damage sources is added. To keep it simple, in this case only 50% of the damage from your Added Lightning Damage gem is actually added to Arc.

Damage multipliers however are not affected by damage effectiveness, and Lightning Penetration is such a multiplier. While it doesn't increase your tooltip, it is a more multiplier - the strongest multipliers ingame - and you should use it instead of Added Lightning Damage.

I can see why you chose Inc. Crit Strikes, but once you can, switch it with a Lv2+ Empower.

Ok now to your questions:

1. It depends. Some items have a line saying "Gems in this Item are supported by.." or "+x Levels to Gems in this Item". In order to gain this bonus, you have to link your main spell in that item.
Incase of Pledge of Hands you gain a Lv30 Spell Echo if you link your Arc in there. While that is powerful, it won't bump your DPS from 7k to 30k. Which leads us to the next question.

2. Yes. Spells scale extremely well with levels, especially Arc. The bump from Lv19 to Lv22 (Lv20+ Lv3 Empower) alone will result in a decent DPS boost, 20% gems (all but Arc and Empower) will be another noticeable difference. But it's also not the sole problem.

3. Possibly. On top of Gem Levels on Arc, you will scale damage extremely well through cast speed and crit multiplier.

Could you please post your gear and current skilltree? That would help me to further analyze the problem.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thank you for the information you gave me about arc ,it is really helpful.I see the problem now, it is my items don't support multipliers at all not even at a single mod in any item i was looking for items that "add lightening dmg" all that time, here are my rings & amulet :

all defensive as you can see , also look at my wand no single mod for multipliers :

my shield is also for defenses

well, about +2 empower, you are right i would change cit strike for it but +2 empower is very expensive also all my gems have no quality... I think i can do some modifications right now & link the new gears to you at private message as soon as possible.

Hope you read this before spending currency on possibly unfitting gear:

Flat Damage (f.e. the "Adds 3-47 Lightning Damage" on your amulet) doesn't affect spells, but multipliers (f.e. 10% Lightning Damage) does.

Keep your rings slots mainly for defenses (Life, Mana Regen, Resistances), the only DPS options here are Cast Speed, Lightning Damage % and Crit (Diamond Base), which will all be costly.

Go all out on DPS on your amulet, most importantly Crit Multiplier. Crit Chance, Spell Damage, Lightning Damage % and Cast Speed are good to have too, but in combination with the essential Crit Multi, Life and Mana Regen it can get pretty expensive.

Your wand should mainly have 15%+ Cast Speed and 90%+ Crit Chance for Spells. If you can get that with Crit Multi, even better - Spell Damage and Lightning Damage % rolls aren't that important, you can add quite a bunch of that with Catarina.

One last good DPS boost will be Maligaro's Virtuosity, but only get them if you can still cap your resists through other slots.
twitch.tv/enki91
OMG , I never knew these things before ,why don't they make that clear for ppl ?!!!

well, i didn't buy anything yet :) , but why doesn't flat add lighten affect my spells? another question (sorry for much questions) , is there difference between "10% spell dmg","10% elemental dmg" & "10% lightening dmg" on arc ,or they are all same effect?
Another question (sorry again :) ) , how much chaos res should i have to be able to resist "release poison" , "poison arrow" & viper strike, i notice that any build in normal difficulty with 0 chaos res can handle those things very well, but normally for a strong build how much res? Is ming's heart a must?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация