Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Milaresoll написал:
Hello,

I'm new to this game and i have a little question for you all guys.

Why do we go for :
-some force nodes
-%max vitality
-and amrour stuff
When we have a ton of intel and could build toward energy shield ?

Do you get more effective hp through the 1st setup or there is an other reason ?

Ty all :)

1st huge case - some damage source (like Chaos dmg) are ignoring the energy shield fully - hitting directly on your HP pool.
2nd - as a caster-based build, we will never be able to get enought armor/ evasion/ shield to be "that tanky"
3rd - currently (lvl 64, 9th act of story) - my dmg is far higher than i've ever expected (need max 20 sec to smash act bosses). But i'm "a glass canon" - it's not a matter of "who will make more dmg", now it's matter "who will sustain longer to deal the dmg". Mind over Matter + large mana pool + large HP pool will help you a lot to survive some small (or sometimes bigger) mistakes during the fights - it will buy to time to re-position yourself, let mana regen by it self, drink HP potion and start the fight on your terms again ;)
4th - diffrence between energy shield and hp - hp is all the time regenereting, no matter what is going on. Shield is regenerating only, when you haven't been hit recently. Sometimes this small diffrence might cost you precious % of your experience, as instead of beeing alive with low hp, you will die.
After re-gearing, my Arc's maximum DPS has gone from about 12k to 32k, so I can't really complain about the changes! Feels maybe a bit more fragile than the Bone Offering setup, but I've yet to pick up a Lazhwar so maybe that will help. Being able to get a rare helm for that extra health and resists was useful. I'm also sticking with Wrath Essence Worm for now since I haven't had too many mana issues.

Only thing I don't like the feel of is Shield Charge, yes having unlimited casts compared to Flame Dash's three uses is great, but I miss being able to dash over pits and I keep getting stuck on objects. Reserving judgment on Storm Call until I get it high level enough to be viable.
Guys i`m new in this game - looks like i did everything what`s wrote in the guide. Still waiting for my good body armor. Doing now mappig lvl 8-10 BUT i think i did smth wrong or i just did not understand in this build. I saw that ark on this enki Vid is 6 linked while i run with 4 link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXpjm7s_e4&t=28s

In this vid he uses entire new skills and did T15 pretty smooth also he uses staff instead scepter + shield. How to mix gems cuz i put everythng like in gem section of this build and i`m not rly happy what i have.
@Nargoron: Sorry forgot to look up prices, yeah good rolled legacy Rumi's are quite expensive.
A cheaper and more consistent alternative would be getting a Choir with 4% block corruption and a pair of elder gloves with 4-5% block chance suffix, that should help you more even when flasks are down.

~150 mana regen/s should be enough with mana leech, just to have some backup when/if you can't leech.

@Milaresoll: Zeratul_PL already mentioned some reasons, but there's even more:

Biggest reason is cost and selffound capability - since the ES nerf in 3.0 you really need all the ES you can get on gear to reach a decent ES pool, which requires 2-3 good prefixes on each gear slot.
Occultist would help a little by giving a good amount of flat ES and ES%, but that alone is not enough.

Life + manabased Mind over Matter are much easier to scale since you get a flat amount of each per level, and gear usually only needs a good life prefix and (mastercrafted) mana prefix to be useful.
On top of that comes that Mind over Matter doesn't work with damage taken to ES, only explicitely to life. This gives an effectively higher or similar hitpool with much less investment.

Next reason is status ailments - their effect and/or duration is usually based on your maximum life, which is usually not that high with a build that doesn't invest into life. This means you need some ways to be counter atleast stun, shock, freeze and chill to play safely. Occultist provides stun immunity now and we would want freeze immunity on flask anyway, but there's still a huge difference between needing your anti freeze flask once in a while or needing it for any source of cold damage.

Last one is Inpulsa's Broken Heart - this chest is just too good for Arc to not use, and it doesn't really come with a good amount of ES. Since the chest slot is also the biggest potential source of flat ES you would be left with substantially less of that in the end.

That said the intelligence we get is not wasted. Every 10 int gives us 5 Mana (before multipliers) for our MoM-pool, and we need to get it anyway to use int-based gems and to reach certain passive nodes on the tree.

@KingReñgoII: In addition to what Slappy_Cheese wrote, you should know that it needs way more investment than that to make crit work. With a crit build you want to make sure to consistently crit, having just 4 power charges and no other investment would set you at 15.6% chance to land a crit on a 6% base crit spell. While we do get some more crit in the passive tree, it's still not nearly enough to be consistent.

Infact, the power charges help you more with Elemental Overload instead, since you only need to land a single crit every 8s to gain the buff. Storm Barrier is still not really worth it in your case, just use another damage gem and keep EO up with Orb of Storms.

@jatna77: You can still use the old Ball Lightning setup for single target, i just find Storm Call to be safer without Bone Offering once you get used to the delay.

@Scutilla: I'll think of a way to improve the setup in that regard, in the mantime you could use a Flame Dash in weapon swap to pass over ledges.

@albertu: Those videos are still based on the old 3.1 setup, i didn't get to record new ones yet since i'm still pretty busy in Bestiary. Will do that sometime in the coming days.
twitch.tv/enki91
I'm still very new to PoE, first league and I am having a blast with this build, so thanks a lot for it!
Quick question though: if I remember correctly the 3.1 version of the guide used Pledge of Hands as weapon. I personally always preferred staves for my magic users, is it still a valid option for the build instead of a scepter/shield?
Which gems would you throw in the Doryani?
I'm very new to the game. This is my first character and I've been following this build/guide. Thanks a lot for it!

I'm level 51 and just started Act 6. At this point, following the guide, I should have the following gems:

arc (b) = spell echo (b) + innervate (b) + lightning penetration (b)
storm call (b) = spell echo (b) + less duration (r) + lightning penetration (b)
orb of storms (b) = arcane surge (b) + blind (g) + increased duration (r)
enfeeble (b) (5) = cast when damage taken (r) (2) + (if shield: tempest shield (b) (7))
immortal call (r) = cast when damage taken (r) (3)
clarity (b)
flame dash (b)
herald of thunder (b)

Three of those are 4-links. I'm having trouble finding any gear with the right slots/links and decent stats. I don't have anything better than one 3-link wand. I know I can use orbs to re-roll the links, colors, and number of gems, but I haven't had much luck with that.

I've been looking on poe.trade and have found some items that could help but nothing to get me where I need to be on gems, and certainly nothing that also has stats better than what I have.

Am I doing something wrong here? My character is visible on my profile if someone could take a look.
@Sunfire00

Pledge of Hands can still work, but, we are squishier so you have to be more careful. You will also lose the shield charge and tempest shield as a result of going to a staff. I am currently running a variation of the old 3.1 build with the updated skill tree. Check the character Abydys if you are interested. Keep in mind that I am playing it on Standard and so have better gear than people are likely to have in league at the moment. Currently running T13 maps including bosses without too much difficulty, except when I do something stupid :)

I'm still playing around with some options, so it is not optimal. I think that the current set up would perform better, but I like this one and since I wasn't planning on playing league this time decided to mess around a bit.

I couldn't help myself and had to work in a Decoy Totem, and took a couple of liberties with the skill tree as well. Ignore my flasks and go with what Enki has specified for them.

Hope this helps.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Последняя редакция: Dspayre. Время: 10 марта 2018 г., 23:41:54
Hi,

your build is great! Thanks for that!

Only issue I have is that I have too little DEX for Blind Support. I already put a point in a 30 Dex node on the skill tree, but BS stops leveling at 13 (83 DEX).

How should I get more DEX? Should I go for items? If so, which slots are preferable to get DEX?

Thanks in advance!
Use one of those "Convert all intelligence to dexterity in radius" jewels

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация