Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hi, i'm totally new to this game and i've been using this build guide as my first character. i'm starting to pick up the mechanics of the game slowly. (great guide btw!) anyway i'm level 60 and at act 8 and i'm really struggling with bosses. for example it took me about 8 attempts to kill Doedre although admittedly i don't know the mechanics of that fight at all. but i'm also having issues with Trials boss. whenever i stop moving to cast storm call, i take a lot of damage from attacks and my spells don't seem to deal much back. clearing regular enemies is trivial with arc and storm call but i'm just having issues with bosses. any suggestions?
@EndruWiggin: Conductivity looks good on paper, but it gets heavily countered by curse effectiveness where it actually matters. Bosses have 60% less curse effect, Shaper & Guardians (and assuming Elder too) even 80% less so in those fights you'd only gain a fraction of that reduction, and for map clearing the extra damage isn't needed anyway.

Then there's also how resistance reduction is applied. Unlike penetration, reduction takes overcapped res into account and starts reducing from there, while penetration ignores overcapped res and would in that case start reducing from 75%, or in PVP whatever the maximum resistance value above 75% is. So in worst case you'd meet a boss that has high base lightning res with extra res from mapmod (+ Ele Res or Ele Equilibrium) and/or a monster/totem aura and end up not gaining anything from Conductivity.

Since there is an active curse limit we have to decide between Conductivity and Enfeeble, and the latter is just the more useful curse even if not at full effect. The limit can be raised, but the payoff for that investment isn't worth the gain for us.

If you do play in parties there's also the issue that it may conflict with someone elses curse, whereas Enfeeble is generally welcomed.

@TheSw33d: Hey there, welcome to the game! Act 8 Doedre is just very nasty, there's lots of things going on and it's easy to get overwhelmed in that small arena. Izaro is a different story, he has a different combination of buffs each day and yesterday's buffs in Cruel Lab were potentially dangerous if your resistances aren't capped, while also giving him extra resistances. Unfortunately it looks like he got the same buffs today, you can try to either farm exp until your Storm Call gains another level or disable his buffs, which results in less Treasure Keys but shouldn't matter much in Cruel Lab.
twitch.tv/enki91
Последняя редакция: Enki91. Время: 29 апр. 2018 г., 22:08:46
"
Enki91 написал:
@EndruWiggin: Conductivity looks good on paper, but it gets heavily countered by curse effectiveness where it actually matters. Bosses have 60% less curse effect, Shaper & Guardians (and assuming Elder too) even 80% less so in those fights you'd only gain a fraction of that reduction, and for map clearing the extra damage isn't needed anyway.

Then there's also how resistance reduction is applied. Unlike penetration, reduction takes overcapped res into account and starts reducing from there, while penetration ignores overcapped res and would in that case start reducing from 75%, or in PVP whatever the maximum resistance value above 75% is. So in worst case you'd meet a boss that has high base lightning res with extra res from mapmod (+ Ele Res or Ele Equilibrium) and/or a monster/totem aura and end up not gaining anything from Conductivity.

Since there is an active curse limit we have to decide between Conductivity and Enfeeble, and the latter is just the more useful curse even if not at full effect. The limit can be raised, but the payoff for that investment isn't worth the gain for us.

If you do play in parties there's also the issue that it may conflict with someone elses curse, whereas Enfeeble is generally welcomed.

wow thanks again I would never know of those things otherwise!
Hey Enki,

I just wanted to thank you for your awesome support. You should be paid by GGG for your incredible work! This guide not only helped me learning a build, but also the game and its mechanics. I chose it, because my first impression was that it looked very well-written. I never thought that it would be such a huge help. THANKS A LOT FOR THAT!

I finally managed to get some chaos res on Boots. Now I started farming Enchantments. I will keep an eye open for a nice shield (with some more Block chance, spell block and lightning damage). But the character already feels very strong.

Just being curious: You changed a lot skills/mechanics compared to the last league. Are you planning to rework it for the next league as well? Anyway, I think I will continue playing it as main or secondary build, because it was just so much fun.

Ah, and by the way: You said, you are not playing this build actively anymore. Which one is your main build? Can you recommend it for the next league?

Best wishes!
Последняя редакция: lkwpeter. Время: 30 апр. 2018 г., 12:03:00
So i have a 6L Pledge and a 6L Inpulsa. What would be the ideal setup gem wise.Thanks
@lkwpeter: Haha that would be awesome, but i'd be ok with a decent Arc buff already which actually seems to come according to todays news post. If it makes selfcast Arc actually usable for single-target i will change the gem setup, otherwise it probably stays the same. Still too early to make a decision on that.

I don't really have any main build, just trying different stuff each league, often incorporating new uniques since i'll get them for my collection anyway. You can find all builds in this thread.
The ED Trickster felt pretty good, was able to farm everything except for Uber Elder. It's also pretty budget, even the highend pieces aren't that expensive and you can work towards them one by one.

@maarthor: You can put Storm Call with Controlled Destruction instead of Spell Echo into the Staff, and use Arc - Echo - Light Pen - Innervate - Added Light Dmg - Empower in your chest.
However i would recommend to switch to the 1H + Shield setup, it just feels more convenient to play.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hi enky,
Currently reached level 92 and switched a lot of equipment. But I do struggle atm on the elder guardians and boss. Mostly cause of zero mana. Don't even know how they can keep my mana for periods of zero. I'm still on lvl 15 with clarity to keep my unreserved mana including wrath close to 1,7k.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated and thanks for the build, dunno if I said it already.
Cheers.
XBOX Gt I44I MustaSurma.
Bhaalberith Incursion lvl96 Elementalist Arc build.
BrindalynnOdessa Delve SSF lvl91 Elementalist Arc build.
Enki,

Thank you for such a thorough and informative guide, not only regarding the build but the game in general! I stopped played around 2014 as a lvl ~40 arc witch, and I was able to pick everything up with ease following your post. You're awesome!
Hi, I've started my POE journey in Bestiary league with a physical character so i'm kind new to elemental damage. Planning to use this build in the Flashback :)

Since this build is lightning based, how do we deal damages when it comes to monster with 'resist lightning'?

Appreciate your advice!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация