Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Good riddance this build is nerfed, let's be honest guys it was far too OP and we all loved playing it because it was one of the most broken builds in the game. We saw it coming.. so don't act shocked guys.

Let's all just be grateful we had a good long run without them noticing how powerful and broken this build was :). I am going to miss steamrolling all content afk but not all good things can last forever.

I can finally play another build, so yay for that! All I can suggest is not embarrassing yourself guys and girls and try arguing to revert the nerfs as it only highlights a total lack of understanding of the vast majority of any other builds that are inferior in comparison...

They know it's overpowered, so we have to accept a loss here.

I cringed at Kay's post on reddit. It was not wise.

Последняя редакция: Nevzat. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:27:00
I'm wondering if it will be possible to build a build using such a thing, and if there will be any compensation for nerf from this?

"
Nevzat написал:
Good riddance this build is nerfed, let's be honest guys it was far too OP and we all loved playing it because it was one of the most broken builds in the game. We saw it coming.. so don't act shocked guys.

Let's all just be grateful we had a good long run without them noticing how powerful and broken this build was :). I am going to miss steamrolling all content afk but not all good things can last forever.

I can finally play another build, so yay for that! All I can suggest is not embarrassing yourself guys and girls and try arguing to revert the nerfs as it only highlights a total lack of understanding of the vast majority of any other builds that are inferior in comparison...

You realize we can see your characters and your posts? To me it doesn't look like you played this build.... Go away troll.
Последняя редакция: Vaildez. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:30:30
Posted this on another thread in the Feedback section. Would welcome your thoughts - hopefully they are aligned with mine:

"
Mivvi написал:
I don't post too often, but I have to agree with people posting on multiple threads here and on Reddit on the level nerf to RS. A few key points:

- "Raise Zombies and SRS didn't get nerfed." - Very true, but zombies have been around for many years now and longstanding supporters of PoE will have playing a zombie build at some stage. RS provides an avenue of diversity with new and interesting builds with new monsters added each league. I'd prefer not to play another zombie build or another SRS build. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Should any players decide to continue with their RS build, this nerf would actually *decrease* the level of diversity because now everybody will look to utilise the monster for RS with the best chance of surviving the content - I believe this flies in the face of the ambition of the RS gem (may as well just make it Raise Slave Driver, for example).

- "Spectres are overpowered" - Very true: they can be. But the significant majority of the player base does not have access to the end-game gear that lets spectres melt content - these players will be significantly disheartened, which is a real shame because I've also seen many players more hyped for this league than (literally) any other. To solve for overpowered spectres, nerf the monsters themselves. I applaud the nerf to Syndicate Operatives. They were fun whilst they lasted, but they did deserve the nerf hammer. Spectres (in general) did not.

- "I like the spectre playstyle" - Very true. I am of the same mind - Path of Exile for me is an escape after work (a much needed one considering the pandemic) where I can sit back and watch my minions kill stuff on screen and get my loot. Unless the nerf is reconsidered zombies are one of the only alternative solutions (and see my first point on zombies...).

- "Spectres are very difficult to summon." Very true. With power creep, damage can get very spiky and even in Heist my lvl 25+ spectres would die occasionally. It's a real break from the pace of the game to have to exit the map, remove Spell Echo (probably), weapon swap to desecrate and re-summon spectres. If the result of the nerf is that spectres will now die more often, a change to the way spectres can be summoned (perhaps an auto-re-summon in the same way as golems?) would help swallow the bitter nerf pill. With the nerf, spectres are going to die much more often and I personally don't want to spend more time in my hideout summoning spectres than in a map killing monsters - again, I believe this flies in the face of the ambition to make a game that players come back to night after night.

- "They nerfed other aspects of Necromancer" - Very true. I do think that the nerf to cluster jewels combined with the nerfs to ascendancy passives would have been a viable test to gauge the relative effectiveness of spectre builds. If too many changes happen at the same time, the mark can be missed. I believe GGG works in an agile way, which would denote many small changes over an extended period of time to achieve the desired outcome. I think everything combined will have missed the mark by a long-shot, and I don't think many people will be playing raise spectre as a result so any insight on potential future changes for future leagues will be based off a relatively limited dataset.

I'm sure there are other key points with this, but these are just my thoughts. Please reconsider this change. Without meaning to cause offense, the design team are often not correct on all intricate aspects of the game - we can see this from significant changes to league design (e.g. Heist) and player builds (e.g. aura stackers) that are in need of changing after release and after player feedback.

Apologies for the wall of text. TL;DR - reducing the gem level of RS was a lazy fix for a very small problem. There were other, more effective, ways to achieve the desired outcome and they've been suggested.
"
Vaildez написал:
"
Nevzat написал:

You realize we can see your characters and your posts? To me it doesn't look like you played this build.... Go away troll.

I am a troll because I agree with GGG's decision to nerf an overpowered broken build? OK.

If i'm trolling, then that means so is GGG.
Последняя редакция: Nevzat. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:35:37
"
Nevzat написал:
"
Vaildez написал:
"
Nevzat написал:

I am a troll because I agree with GGG's decision to nerf an overpowered broken build? OK.

If i'm trolling, then that means so is GGG.

You are truly an expert on a build you have never played...But Mr. Streamer told me Necros are OP!! /eyeroll
Последняя редакция: Vaildez. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:38:07
"
Vaildez написал:

You realize we can see your characters and your posts? To me it doesn't look like you played this build.... Go away troll

I delete all my characters after a league ends. I've been playing since Beta, you can see by my icons so don't embarrass yourself any more please.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, yes these nerfs were deserved, and we cannot complain about that.

Have a nice day everyone :) 3.13 HYPE!!!!
Последняя редакция: Nevzat. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:39:06
"
Nevzat написал:
"
Vaildez написал:

You realize we can see your characters and your posts? To me it doesn't look like you played this build.... Go away troll

I delete all my characters after a league ends. I've been playing since Beta, you can see by my icons so don't embarrass yourself any more please.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, yes these nerfs were deserved, and we cannot complain about that.

Cool I delete my characters too... I Also don't come into other class forums and tell people how they are supposed to play the game and cheer on nerfs like a troll. I don't get why people get so obsessed with how others want to enjoy the game.
Последняя редакция: Vaildez. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:44:27
"
Nevzat написал:
"
Vaildez написал:

Not sure who you think you are to tell us we arent allowed to be upset over nerfs to our desired play style. Nerfs to SO spectres are deserved, yes, but a nerf to ALL spectres however is not. On top of that, they nerfed the ascendancy and cluster jewel support for them. It all adds up and the effect is pretty harsh. Your comment "Good riddance" does indeed relate to you trolling as anyone who played and enjoyed the build/play style wouldnt say such a thing. Not sure how or why you are under the impression you think its ok to come here and proceed to tell us to shut up and take it basically.
"

Not sure who you think you are to tell us we arent allowed to be upset over nerfs to our desired play style. Nerfs to SO spectres are deserved, yes, but a nerf to ALL spectres however is not. On top of that, they nerfed the ascendancy and cluster jewel support for them. It all adds up and the effect is pretty harsh. Your comment "Good riddance" does indeed relate to you trolling as anyone who played and enjoyed the build/play style wouldnt say such a thing. Not sure how or why you are under the impression you think its ok to come here and proceed to tell us to shut up and take it basically.

Here : let me paste the official response from GGG on these nerfs.

"I spoke with the design team about this and asked if they'd consider reviewing the nerf. They explained that even after the nerf, spectres have more life than basically every other minion type. They also have higher base resistances in general. As an example, a level 20 Solar Guard spectre has almost double the life of a level 20 Golem or Zombie. We suspect that these will still be one of the top-played builds in 3.13. "

I am not trolling for agreeing with GGG that this build is too OP. I played it, a few times, and face rolled each time. I was going to actually play it again for 3.13 (because why wouldnt you) it is mindless and a lovely afk play style that suits me well. But as I said before, it was broken OP. No one else here will admit it, because why would they? But please stop attacking me for giving my honest thoughts about the nerf. That is what this forum is for. If people don't agree with you, they are not immediately a troll, and definitely do not deserve such abuse.

Have a nice day

Последняя редакция: Nevzat. Время: 12 янв. 2021 г., 13:50:55

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация