[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

mshimmyb1
"
mshimmyb1 написал:
in min maxing gear tho, on jewels, is flat phys ALOT better than minion damage when used a minion skill or are they about the same? wondering if i should try and switch my minion damage when minion skill jewels to flat phys eventually?

It's not ALOT better, it's just slightly better imo. Having said that, slightly better over several jewels really adds up.

grimlock9999
"
grimlock9999 написал:
Hey Stags, Thanks again for the advice.

Just wanted to let you know that I did try that Occultist idea, and man it is really, really good. Currently at level 87, 7.5K EHP, great regen and superb defences from curses, which mean I practically never get hit. I recommend you try it out, but be warned, it's harder to level...it only gets good after level 69, because you don't get the nice necro ascendencies to help levelling!

Here's the target pastebin again: https://pastebin.com/dDFui6GE

Not a problem, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Each of the builds have great regen but I'll explain my reasoning why I don't like Occultist for this build. Good god if there's anyone who wants a minion Occultist build to be good - it's me.

I think the strength of Occultist is the "pop". It scales with Minion Damage if you kill something with a minion skill. This increases your clearspeed on a build that already has a high speed. So it's kind of redundant. Another thing of note, I'm pretty sure the pop doesn't work if you have brutality in your links (read from the wiki, not tested). I also don't like hybrid because of how potions work. One tap of a forbidden taste can give me 9.5k hp instantly. Every flask a hybrid build uses can only get around 4k.

In my mind, Essence surge is the most important node for an Occultist. Having a faster start to your energy shield regen is really important. To that extent you'd probably need Bated breath too. In the POB you have pretty much perfect gear and You're only just at 4.7k es 4.7k life.

All in all I think you give up too much. I havent even mentioned the ~100% increased minion damage you've lost from going Occultist, nor losing the block chance (and life gain on block) from bone offering.

Another question is what spectres are you using? solar guards? without gmp? how are you finding movement speed on your phantasms? better or worse than faster casting?
Последняя редакция: Stagsnetti. Время: 30 сент. 2018 г., 2:22:23
"
mshimmyb1 написал:
in min maxing gear tho, on jewels, is flat phys ALOT better than minion damage when used a minion skill or are they about the same? wondering if i should try and switch my minion damage when minion skill jewels to flat phys eventually?

Yes, we already have quite a bit of “increased minion damage” so you’re not getting similar returns. The flat damage doesn’t have diminishing returns which is why it’s best, and what makes abyss jewels OP for most attack builds.
As stag said, it’s not “ALOT”, but it’s enough to notice a difference.

"
mshimmyb1 написал:
i mean you could drop the bubonics if you wanna run the crown on your AG and fossil craft a good pair of plus one spectre rare boots thos

You’ll still lose out on EE since you have no means of triggering it (any spell you use will have added lightining). And no extra spectre can match EE for dps, especially now that i’m no longer giving monsters +25% lightning res :p
"
I think the strength of Occultist is the "pop". It scales with Minion Damage if you kill something with a minion skill. This increases your clearspeed on a build that already has a high speed. So it's kind of redundant. Another thing of note, I'm pretty sure the pop doesn't work if you have brutality in your links (read from the wiki, not tested). I also don't like hybrid because of how potions work. One tap of a forbidden taste can give me 9.5k hp instantly. Every flask a hybrid build uses can only get around 4k.

Скрытый текст
While the pop does work with brutality, I highly doubt the hybrid is better than life (i love life potions too) - It was mean't to be a fun meme build making the monsters dance. Thing is, bosses are dancing too, and it's surprising how brainlessly survivable everything is lately. Uber lab, Queen Atziri, T11, Delve depth 160 so far without taking my finger off the run forward button!

I put some videos on the guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2228787.

I agree totally on the potions, so I'm running 2 quicksilvers atm, and gonna go for a quartz flask and rumi's and just rely on not getting hit....

"
In my mind, Essence surge is the most important node for an Occultist. Having a faster start to your energy shield regen is really important. To that extent you'd probably need Bated breath too. In the POB you have pretty much perfect gear and You're only just at 4.7k es 4.7k life.

Скрытый текст

I researched the expensive stuff on Poe trade, and it's only 400 chaos for all the stuff on PoB. I have some of it and 100 chaos saved pretty easy, so not too unrealistic. Importantly, I ran a T11 and Delve depth 160 with none of that PoB gear and it was a cakewalk. Perhaps late red tier, it will all fall apart, but for now, the ES regen is redundant. You truly only do get hit very very rarely with all those curses.

"
All in all I think you give up too much. I havent even mentioned the ~100% increased minion damage you've lost from going Occultist, nor losing the block chance (and life gain on block) from bone offering.

Скрытый текст

I thought it would give up too much as well, but in practice it is proving way better than you think. The less minion damage is offset by malediction, projectile weakness and profane bloom. The block chance is offest by more ES regen, superb curse effect, chill from frost sentinels and star of wraeclast, malediction and knockback

"
Another question is what spectres are you using? solar guards? without gmp? how are you finding movement speed on your phantasms? better or worse than faster casting?

Скрытый текст
Using frost sentinels without GMP, they chill most bosses and proc profane bloom from a loooong way away. Love those guys.

It's hard to tell where the phantasms are to be honest, so I can't tell what changes when I put in faster casting. The screen is full of skeleton mage projectiles! Minion movespeed is a in there as a defensive option so that I can run without stopping, and still always have projectiles to proc knockback. Like I said, I virtually haven't been hit by anything in about 7 levels, so just leaving it as is for now.

Anyhow, would love you to try it and compare if you get a few days free!

"
grimlock9999 написал:
"

Скрытый текст
While the pop does work with brutality, I highly doubt the hybrid is better than life (i love life potions too) - It was mean't to be a fun meme build making the monsters dance. Thing is, bosses are dancing too, and it's surprising how brainlessly survivable everything is lately. Uber lab, Queen Atziri, T11, Delve depth 160 so far without taking my finger off the run forward button!

I put some videos on the guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2228787.

I agree totally on the potions, so I'm running 2 quicksilvers atm, and gonna go for a quartz flask and rumi's and just rely on not getting hit....

"

Скрытый текст

I researched the expensive stuff on Poe trade, and it's only 400 chaos for all the stuff on PoB. I have some of it and 100 chaos saved pretty easy, so not too unrealistic. Importantly, I ran a T11 and Delve depth 160 with none of that PoB gear and it was a cakewalk. Perhaps late red tier, it will all fall apart, but for now, the ES regen is redundant. You truly only do get hit very very rarely with all those curses.

"

Скрытый текст

I thought it would give up too much as well, but in practice it is proving way better than you think. The less minion damage is offset by malediction, projectile weakness and profane bloom. The block chance is offest by more ES regen, superb curse effect, chill from frost sentinels and star of wraeclast, malediction and knockback

"

Скрытый текст
Using frost sentinels without GMP, they chill most bosses and proc profane bloom from a loooong way away. Love those guys.

It's hard to tell where the phantasms are to be honest, so I can't tell what changes when I put in faster casting. The screen is full of skeleton mage projectiles! Minion movespeed is a in there as a defensive option so that I can run without stopping, and still always have projectiles to proc knockback. Like I said, I virtually haven't been hit by anything in about 7 levels, so just leaving it as is for now.

Anyhow, would love you to try it and compare if you get a few days free!

Hey, Unfortunately I don't think I'll try an occultist version. I might try a Scion but as stated before the style just doesn't work for me. Your phantasms seem like they aren't doing any heavy lifting and if you look in the videos they aren't proccing the pop - that's your skeletons and spectres. I think your build would do 100% better as a pure skeleton mage + spectre build. Try getting a 6l bow (porcupine cards are cheap) and using a Bound fossil on it. You can get up to 110% minion damage.

Then you can also grab a Soul strike. This will probably increase your single target a fair bit. Mirror arrow is also a pretty good movement speed ability.

I also use Projectile Weakness curse on hit with my setup. I just don't think it's part of the core character.

These are just my thoughts, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm right.

I have previously read your guide and one thing to note, Empower and maim do not work for phantasms.
Последняя редакция: Stagsnetti. Время: 30 сент. 2018 г., 5:41:01
"
Hey, Unfortunately I don't think I'll try an occultist version. I might try a Scion but as stated before the style just doesn't work for me. Your phantasms seem like they aren't doing any heavy lifting and if you look in the videos they aren't proccing the pop - that's your skeletons and spectres. I think your build would do 100% better as a pure skeleton mage + spectre build. Try getting a 6l bow (porcupine cards are cheap) and using a Bound fossil on it. You can get up to 110% minion damage.

Then you can also grab a Soul strike. This will probably increase your single target a fair bit. Mirror arrow is also a pretty good movement speed ability.

I also use Projectile Weakness curse on hit with my setup. I just don't think it's part of the core character.

These are just my thoughts, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm right.

I have previously read your guide and one thing to note, Empower and maim do not work for phantasms.

Cool, thanks for the help! I really love the phantasms for single target, so I'll see how far I can get with brutality still in.
U.Elder down (cost 1.5 exalted).

I died a lot and it was messy, lesson learnt I'm HORRIBLE at timing. I suggest for those like me who don't have the reflexes or skills to just keep "Death Walk" and spec into "Puppet Master" so that you can JUST cast desecrate and walk on them when the phantasms are down.

Don't bother with EE or offering and just keep running loops and casting desecrate whenever your phantasms are down, keep doing that and you'll win.

- - -

Also 383 floors delve deep now (beat the lich at 375, blind run), I'm not sure this build (or at least my variant) can break into 450 since I find myself taking insane amounts of damage which my flask can't really keep up with... maybe some curse over hatred might be needed when you get lower.
Последняя редакция: magicdownunder. Время: 30 сент. 2018 г., 9:03:21
"
magicdownunder написал:

I died a lot and it was messy, lesson learnt I'm HORRIBLE at timing. I suggest for those like me who don't have the reflexes or skills to just keep "Death Walk" and spec into "Puppet Master" so that you can JUST cast desecrate and walk on them when the phantasms are down.

Don't bother with EE or offering and just keep running loops and casting desecrate whenever your phantasms are down, keep doing that and you'll win.

- - -

Also 383 floors delve deep now (beat the lich at 375, blind run), I'm not sure this build (or at least my variant) can break into 450 since I find myself taking insane amounts of damage which my flask can't really keep up with... maybe some curse over hatred might be needed when you get lower.

Congratz man! Personally I'm at 359 and going pretty well. Rarely get chunked too often. There are two players above 500 on the solo delves and one at 900 (in the SC leauge) so 450 is definitely doable.
"
magicdownunder написал:

- - -

Gratz on the uber elder kill!

At this point it's probably too late as our builds are vastly different I think, but for such low delves freeze is an essential tool to stay alive. I run a third staff with ele prolif instead of faster projectile and i rarely if ever get touched in delves. Currently at 310 and on my way further down, though sulphite gathering is a pain :(
Последняя редакция: cbasz. Время: 30 сент. 2018 г., 9:23:35
"
Stagsnetti написал:
There are two players above 500 on the solo delves and one at 900 (in the SC leauge) so 450 is definitely doable.

Nice!!, more life variants with Blood Karui would get around my underperforming standard flask issues.

"
cbasz написал:
I run a third staff with ele prolif instead of faster projectile and i rarely if ever get touched in delves. Currently at 310 and on my way further down, though sulphite gathering is a pain :(

I've been testing ele prolif over controlled destruction and its quite good, still not saving me from being mobbed during rougher mods though T_T.
Последняя редакция: magicdownunder. Время: 30 сент. 2018 г., 10:06:36
"
magicdownunder написал:
"
Stagsnetti написал:
There are two players above 500 on the solo delves and one at 900 (in the SC leauge) so 450 is definitely doable.

Nice!!, more life variants with Blood Karui would get around my underperforming standard flask issues.

"
cbasz написал:
I run a third staff with ele prolif instead of faster projectile and i rarely if ever get touched in delves. Currently at 310 and on my way further down, though sulphite gathering is a pain :(

I've been testing ele prolif over controlled destruction and its quite good, still not saving me from being mobbed during rougher mods though T_T.

The way Stag and I deal with delving is by running in big circles around the cart during encounters. Mobs are slowed by hinder and, in my case, freeze and chill, and phase run removes the mobs' agro, so it's also another layer of defense from getting hit. Also has the advantage of CoH and EE most of the mobs.

Unfortunately, if you're still running CwC, you won't be able to do this :/

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация