[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
magicdownunder написал:
Interesting, you guys really like your defense for the uber elder fight.

Granted I've only starting playing PoE mid-way through incursion and beaten U.Elder with two of the more beginner friendly builds (AW warchief and physical skeleton necromancer) so I could be going about this incorrectly.

I figured MOST builds can only tank one hit and will die from the follow up so the idea to beat the fight is to either spec into unwavering stance or kaom, make sure you can take at least one hit and then focus on positioning and dealing damage (this is much easier to do with totems and 1-click minions).

My problem with my current build is figuring out when to use cwc so that I can deal damage :p (since I've gotten spoiled by totems and 1-click minions).

- - -

EDIT: I tried using OBS for U.Elder and either my potato or my horrid net can't handle it (It only made me lag slightly when I recorded the T16 elder guardians). Would you know of any other maybe less intensive recording software?

The best offense is a good defense :) The phantasm damage is crazy enough on its own, which allows us to focus purely on staying alive while they do their thing. Sure the defense might be overkill, but there are a lot of newbies who have never fought uber elder before (including me, and I’ve started in legacy) and this lets them learn the mechanics while having enough dps to actually finish the fight.

In my version, we're not actually losing out on much dps, in exchange for considerable defense. We get a ton of extra life, unslowable, 16% less cold and physical damage taken, and 16% less cold taken on our minion (they stay alive longer = more dps). And a good movement skill of either leap slam or consecrated path (the latter is likely better)

The cost was only our curse, but remember that bosses have 80% less curse effectiveness, the QoL of our boots, which you don't really need since you'll be desecrating/offering, an abyss jewel or two, and Hatred, our biggest loss.

It's up to the player to decide if it's worth it or not. In my case and opinion, I think it is
Последняя редакция: cbasz. Время: 28 сент. 2018 г., 12:43:41
"
Stagsnetti написал:
"
raz0rxxx написал:
I did a modified version with MoM for running blasphemy/clarity. Ended up with 7.8k HP, 2k Mana (1.1k unreserved). Went full physical instead of the ele conversion, it just feels so much smoother mapping.

The Life/Mana ratio is a bit messed up but I haven't run into any issues due to the large amount of life regen. Also not as link starved.

Best summoner experience to date, great job OP.

Looking for feedback on my setup if anyone has any.

Hey, just a few things. a Mana regeneration rate clarity jewel will help, as will flat mana on each of your abyssal jewels. GG jewels would be like life + mana + some minion damage mod. Essence worm would also increase your mana pool at the cost of some life. One thing to consider is using cloak of defiance - you'd have to crunch the numbers though.

I also think an offensive blasphemy is not a good use of mana in this build. Against tougher mobs curses are less effective and weaker mobs just die instantly anyways. This is the main reason I've gone curse on hit with the boots, curse once and gtfo. You'll be suprised how many mobs do get cursed in your normal mapping too. Most rares usually have at least one or two mobs near them.

You can change your glove craft to minion damage or block chance for another small boost.

I'd get rid of your stone golem and replace it with something else. Phase run or Vaal [haste]/[grace]/[impurity of ice] perhaps. Do you use vaal clarity that often?

It's good to see you've fixed your pathing but one other small efficiency issue is apparent. Spiritual aid is not a good node in my opinion. It's strength comes when you need minion accuracy or damage for your own skills. Neither are that useful for me. 2 points for 25 minion damage could be spent elsewhere, but if you're comfortable with it - keep it.

I've made those changes, at 7.5k HP and 2.4k mana. I'll give the curse on boots a try and see how well it works out. Cloak looks to be a huge HP loss, and since I dont have many HP nodes around to fill out I dont think its worth it. I do need to redo jewels and scout for a dual clarity watchers. Thanks for the help!
Does the ele pen from wise oak apply to your minions or is it just for the less ele damage taken?
"
mshimmyb1 написал:
Does the ele pen from wise oak apply to your minions or is it just for the less ele damage taken?

It's just for the less ele damage. Unfortunately no dps flask exists for minions :(. If you don't have at least two equal lowest ele res, you're better off grabbing normal utility flask (sulphur, granite, etc...)
"
raz0rxxx написал:
"
Stagsnetti написал:
"
raz0rxxx написал:
I did a modified version with MoM for running blasphemy/clarity. Ended up with 7.8k HP, 2k Mana (1.1k unreserved). Went full physical instead of the ele conversion, it just feels so much smoother mapping.

The Life/Mana ratio is a bit messed up but I haven't run into any issues due to the large amount of life regen. Also not as link starved.

Best summoner experience to date, great job OP.

Looking for feedback on my setup if anyone has any.

Hey, just a few things. a Mana regeneration rate clarity jewel will help, as will flat mana on each of your abyssal jewels. GG jewels would be like life + mana + some minion damage mod. Essence worm would also increase your mana pool at the cost of some life. One thing to consider is using cloak of defiance - you'd have to crunch the numbers though.

I also think an offensive blasphemy is not a good use of mana in this build. Against tougher mobs curses are less effective and weaker mobs just die instantly anyways. This is the main reason I've gone curse on hit with the boots, curse once and gtfo. You'll be suprised how many mobs do get cursed in your normal mapping too. Most rares usually have at least one or two mobs near them.

You can change your glove craft to minion damage or block chance for another small boost.

I'd get rid of your stone golem and replace it with something else. Phase run or Vaal [haste]/[grace]/[impurity of ice] perhaps. Do you use vaal clarity that often?

It's good to see you've fixed your pathing but one other small efficiency issue is apparent. Spiritual aid is not a good node in my opinion. It's strength comes when you need minion accuracy or damage for your own skills. Neither are that useful for me. 2 points for 25 minion damage could be spent elsewhere, but if you're comfortable with it - keep it.

I've made those changes, at 7.5k HP and 2.4k mana. I'll give the curse on boots a try and see how well it works out. Cloak looks to be a huge HP loss, and since I dont have many HP nodes around to fill out I dont think its worth it. I do need to redo jewels and scout for a dual clarity watchers. Thanks for the help!

not a problem. Mana regeneration rate and damage taken before life is the important mods. Don't splash out and grab an mana/es one as you don't have es scaling.
stag i see youve changed to the pure phys damage. how does it feel compared to phys to lightning ele focus?
"
mshimmyb1 написал:
stag i see youve changed to the pure phys damage. how does it feel compared to phys to lightning ele focus?

Less damage, more tanky. I'm finding it fine - I've just bought a purity watchers eye and will test that with a few delves tonight.
Hi, first of all thanks for usefull guide and tips.

I have 2 question:

1) As you know "Death Walk" count as "consuming a corpse" and trigger Mistress of Sacrifice?

2) Offering and Convocation are considered Minion Skills and trigger Puppet Master?

Ty in advance
"
meky84 написал:
Hi, first of all thanks for usefull guide and tips.

I have 2 question:

1) As you know "Death Walk" count as "consuming a corpse" and trigger Mistress of Sacrifice?

2) Offering and Convocation are considered Minion Skills and trigger Puppet Master?

Ty in advance

Yes and Yes. Although the 40% damage from Mistress of Sacrifice isn't really that great for our build. (it doesn't specify minions). Bone offering and convocation do trigger puppet master, and any jewel that have # minion damage if you've used a minion skill recently.
"
Stagsnetti написал:
Yes and Yes. Although the 40% damage from Mistress of Sacrifice isn't really that great for our build. (it doesn't specify minions). Bone offering and convocation do trigger puppet master, and any jewel that have # minion damage if you've used a minion skill recently.

Ty for quick reply, i just realize now that tooltips don't say "minions" :(

Last question: "the frenzy spectre" is https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Carnage+Chieftain ?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация