[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

"
xbryguyx написал:
Does archmage support make sense here?

Start game - ok.
End game - need 6 link
Последняя редакция: valeryg2009. Время: 5 марта 2020 г., 9:30:50
Hi, I've tried your build and really like it!

I have a general question though: Why did you choose to root to Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics?
It seems far away on the tree. Wouldn't a Mind over Matter, an ES or an armour stacking setup be closer and therefore easier to achieve?
"
FrozenFlame37 написал:

I have a general question though: Why did you choose to root to Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics?
It seems far away on the tree. Wouldn't a Mind over Matter, an ES or an armour stacking setup be closer and therefore easier to achieve?

Been wondering this too, particularly with the anti-synergy between Kaom's and Acrobatics. As I've heard it, ES isn't viable since Witch tree nerfs anymore though.
Последняя редакция: destroyermaker. Время: 5 марта 2020 г., 15:22:55
"
destroyermaker написал:
"
FrozenFlame37 написал:

Been wondering this too, particularly with the anti-synergy between Kaom's and Acrobatics. As I've heard it, ES isn't viable since Witch tree nerfs anymore though.

If you remove Acrobatics nodes you can see that you will have ~1k armour instead of 500. Even with Alchemist's Granite flask of Iron Skin you'll get only to ~10k armour.
That amount is not worth building around and from my experience 15K is bare minimum to make Molten Shell viable (barely).
Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics together with Atziri's Step, Quartz flask, Flesh & Stone and Vaal Grace will give you 91% damage avoidance chance for attacks (melee or ranged) and 75% spell avoidance chance! That's a lot and beats any other defensive method for this build.
Последняя редакция: TorsteinTheFallen. Время: 5 марта 2020 г., 15:34:59
Please don't get me wrong, I really like evasion / dodge as a concept and I think it's awesome that it's a viable option.
But what I don't understand is why it is the best defensive method for this build.
I would assume that the best option is also based on the pathing on the tree that is needed to get the defensives working. So I expect evasion / dodge on Shadow, Ranger and Witch builds that are already on the right side of the tree.
You have much more experience with different builds than I do, so your reasoning interests me why you chose dodge.

On a sidenote, I think you have ~1k armour and not much more, because you didn't gear the character towards it and set the tree up for a different defensive method. That is absolutely fine.
"
FrozenFlame37 написал:
Please don't get me wrong, I really like evasion / dodge as a concept and I think it's awesome that it's a viable option.
But what I don't understand is why it is the best defensive method for this build.
I would assume that the best option is also based on the pathing on the tree that is needed to get the defensives working. So I expect evasion / dodge on Shadow, Ranger and Witch builds that are already on the right side of the tree.
You have much more experience with different builds than I do, so your reasoning interests me why you chose dodge.

On a sidenote, I think you have ~1k armour and not much more, because you didn't gear the character towards it and set the tree up for a different defensive method. That is absolutely fine.

Didn't TorsteinTheFallen give a detailed answer?
I use dodge + armor 6 link

+ boost dodge and evasion rating, ES ~600, hard golem!
- life ~800

And my vision DEF: Enduring Cry + Immortal Call 2 sec
Последняя редакция: valeryg2009. Время: 6 марта 2020 г., 7:20:59
If Torstein gave a detailed answer somewhere on why he thinks dodge is the best defensive method for this build, please point me towards it. I read a good chunk of the posts, but didn't read all the pages.

I understand that, with the current setup, other defensive methods are subpar, but I would like to get behind his reasoning for doing it this way in the first place.

Ultimately I would like to be able to make my own builds or build variants of cool build ideas like this one, but I don't have enough knowledge right now.

I see that you made the build your own with the golem setup. Looks interesting. For now I just copied the tree of the original build and play it with my former Fireball Witch in Standard. It's a lot of fun.
"
TorsteinTheFallen написал:

If you remove Acrobatics nodes you can see that you will have ~1k armour instead of 500. Even with Alchemist's Granite flask of Iron Skin you'll get only to ~10k armour.
That amount is not worth building around and from my experience 15K is bare minimum to make Molten Shell viable (barely).
Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics together with Atziri's Step, Quartz flask, Flesh & Stone and Vaal Grace will give you 91% damage avoidance chance for attacks (melee or ranged) and 75% spell avoidance chance! That's a lot and beats any other defensive method for this build.

The armour is a big selling point, no? So aren't we better off using something instead of Kaom's that better plays to our strengths? It seems like a bandaid fix to subpar pathing (or just a result of Witch tree nerfs). I acknowledge I'm much less experienced; just trying to understand things. Also you've mentioned in the past you're bad at building around ES (a possibly superior route).
Последняя редакция: destroyermaker. Время: 7 марта 2020 г., 8:07:44
hey, I've been playing this build for a bit now, just have some questions regarding the linkings. What is the usage of skitterbots? I dont see any boosts in my dmg or anything. Also, should i be using the grace skill (as in let it reserve my mana), or should i just link it to a cwdt gem and let it be? The reason for this is bc i dont really see the icon for vaal grace being cast when im taking dmg so idk if it's actually working or not.
"
valeryg2009 написал:
hey, I've been playing this build for a bit now, just have some questions regarding the linkings. What is the usage of skitterbots? I dont see any boosts in my dmg or anything. Also, should i be using the grace skill (as in let it reserve my mana), or should i just link it to a cwdt gem and let it be? The reason for this is bc i dont really see the icon for vaal grace being cast when im taking dmg so idk if it's actually working or not.

No aura Grace, use Grace Vaal dodge (to use a Vaal skill, its gem must first be charged by collecting souls).
Skitterbots - monster status:
- Shocking Skitterbot's Aura Shocks Enemies near it (Shocked - You take up to 5%~50% increased damage)
- Chilling Skitterbot's Aura Chills Enemies near it (Chilled - You are slowed 5%~30%)
Последняя редакция: valeryg2009. Время: 8 марта 2020 г., 0:33:11

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация