[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

UPDATED FOR 3.10
Edit post

BUT BETTER - 6 points in
the jewel socket above Devotion in the left side of the tree + nearby Heartseeker in the right side of the tree
Two jewel - max 26% chaos resistance (instead 20), max 14% life (instead 20), but + 2-4 suffixes (including the reduction of mana).

And in Delirium - cluster jewel, can be 5 points! take 39% chaos, 21% life, + 3-6 suffixes.
Waiting POE to get updated )

Последняя редакция: valeryg2009. Время: 12 марта 2020 г., 6:12:15
"
valeryg2009 написал:
Edit post

BUT BETTER - 6 points in
the jewel socket above Devotion in the left side of the tree + nearby Heartseeker in the right side of the tree
Two jewel - max 26% chaos resistance (instead 20), max 14% life (instead 20), but + 2-4 suffixes (including the reduction of mana).

And in Delirium - cluster jewel, can be 5 points! take 39% chaos, 21% life, + 3-6 suffixes.
Waiting POE to get updated )

Will take a look in the afternoon, tnx :)
What about cluster jewels? I suppose only one outer jewel near minion instability can be used but they can take up to 20 points so I guess it can be worth it. What would you cut from your build if you drop a nice cluster? Also, any notables caught your eye for this build?
Also, mind checking the path between Trickery and Blood Drinker? There are a lot of mediocre nodes there. Technically you can connect Coordination with Blood Drinker with only 2 dex nodes, so 5 extra points. Do you think it is worth to use them on any of the following - arsonist, herbalism or maybe more channeling nodes instead? Seems that it can be better but I can't quite see it
Последняя редакция: MemberLight. Время: 12 марта 2020 г., 12:07:42
Just one more thing about the build that I think is of interest. It is probably the only thing that we can further min-max from the otherwise super-tight and refined guide, but that each of us will have to do on their own.

Because not everyone of us is going to have the same items or the exact items in Torsten's PoB, there is some room in what to craft as our -# mana cost of channel skills depending on our progress so far or our final items. The rule is super simple:

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) >= (mana cost).

This is the formula you want to satisfy for your mana cost. As long as you satisfy this, your mana bar will practically not move for as long as you keep incinerate pressed.

For example, my mana regeneration is 59,2 (I have +45% mana regeneration rate on my +2 gem stuff, didn't have the chance for a 6L Martyr's), my cast rate 12,05 casts per second and my mana cost 4, So I didn't reach as endgame items as in Thorstein's PoB. This means that

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 59,2/12,05 = 4,912 > 4 = (mana cost),

so my mana will never move no matter how long I press Incinerate, which I can confirm from inside the game and not only theoretically. Now, one could argue that 4,912 is really so close to 5, so maybe even 5 mana cost could be viable. So when I remove my "4% reduced mana cost + 4% cast speed) jewel, my mana cost is now 5 and the updated formula looks as follows.

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 59,2/11,85 = 4,995 < 5 = (mana cost),

so I am going to deplete my mana at some point. I can confirm that this happens after some more that 20 seconds with my 234 unreserved mana so I can practically sustain 5 mana cost no problem at all. But if this were to happen with Aspect of the Spider on and with only 59 mana unreserved, then it is real discussion if the above scenario is viable and have to test it yourself.

Let's see what happens with Torstein's stats in their final form of the build (updated for 3.10):

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 42,1/14,5 = 2,903 >= 2 = (mana cost),

so mana cost 2 is much more than enough. But 3 doesn't seem viable after what I described above with my situation even though 2,903 is so close to 3. With only 59 mana unreserved (after all 4,995 is so much closer to 5 than 2,9 to 3) I would expect mana to get depleted quite fast, but one has to test for themselves to see how clunky the situation above to feel.

Lastly, let's consider another case that showcases the flexibility of the build in this regard depending on our playstyle. In the 2,903 mana cost case as above we are so close to the desired 3 that we might be able to pay with our cast speed a tiny bit. How does the formula look like if we don't take the Nimbleness cluster (which isn't the most efficient casting speed cluster for us since it gives crit chance) and replace it with the (buffed in 3.10) Explosive Impact, which is also a tiny bit more damage because of the buff of the cluster to the ignite?

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 42,3/13,9 = 3,04 >= 3.

So, we can save 1 mana from the craft of the rings that way. Of course, if you needed a -3 mana cost craft in the first place, this makes no difference. But if for some reason we haven't achieved yet or we can't hope to get any time soon the desired 14 cast rate and because of that we would only need -1 mana cost of Incinerate (the less cast rate, the higher the cost of Incinerate can be), such a small adjustment might open the suffix of the ring for one more +1 to minimum frenzy charge, which is pretty substantial. As such, I would definitely look for -x% reduced mana cost of skills as the 4th affix of the classical (double cast speed + % life) jewels of the build.

All I am saying is the formula is super simple not to take it into account and make us more flexible throughout our itemization. I am definitely having it in mind (and going to play a lot with it) as I play my toon. That extra minimim frenzy charge for example is yummy -although admittedly not so simple to get. Cheers!
"
GermanosKaraflas написал:
Скрытый текст
Just one more thing about the build that I think is of interest. It is probably the only thing that we can further min-max from the otherwise super-tight and refined guide, but that each of us will have to do on their own.

Because not everyone of us is going to have the same items or the exact items in Torsten's PoB, there is some room in what to craft as our -# mana cost of channel skills depending on our progress so far or our final items. The rule is super simple:

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) >= (mana cost).

This is the formula you want to satisfy for your mana cost. As long as you satisfy this, your mana bar will practically not move for as long as you keep incinerate pressed.

For example, my mana regeneration is 59,2 (I have +45% mana regeneration rate on my +2 gem stuff, didn't have the chance for a 6L Martyr's), my cast rate 12,05 casts per second and my mana cost 4, So I didn't reach as endgame items as in Thorstein's PoB. This means that

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 59,2/12,05 = 4,912 > 4 = (mana cost),

so my mana will never move no matter how long I press Incinerate, which I can confirm from inside the game and not only theoretically. Now, one could argue that 4,912 is really so close to 5, so maybe even 5 mana cost could be viable. So when I remove my "4% reduced mana cost + 4% cast speed) jewel, my mana cost is now 5 and the updated formula looks as follows.

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 59,2/11,85 = 4,995 < 5 = (mana cost),

so I am going to deplete my mana at some point. I can confirm that this happens after some more that 20 seconds with my 234 unreserved mana so I can practically sustain 5 mana cost no problem at all. But if this were to happen with Aspect of the Spider on and with only 59 mana unreserved, then it is real discussion if the above scenario is viable and have to test it yourself.

Let's see what happens with Torstein's stats in their final form of the build (updated for 3.10):

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 42,1/14,5 = 2,903 >= 2 = (mana cost),

so mana cost 2 is much more than enough. But 3 doesn't seem viable after what I described above with my situation even though 2,903 is so close to 3. With only 59 mana unreserved (after all 4,995 is so much closer to 5 than 2,9 to 3) I would expect mana to get depleted quite fast, but one has to test for themselves to see how clunky the situation above to feel.

Lastly, let's consider another case that showcases the flexibility of the build in this regard depending on our playstyle. In the 2,903 mana cost case as above we are so close to the desired 3 that we might be able to pay with our cast speed a tiny bit. How does the formula look like if we don't take the Nimbleness cluster (which isn't the most efficient casting speed cluster for us since it gives crit chance) and replace it with the (buffed in 3.10) Explosive Impact, which is also a tiny bit more damage because of the buff of the cluster to the ignite?

(mana regeneration rate)/(cast rate) = 42,3/13,9 = 3,04 >= 3.

So, we can save 1 mana from the craft of the rings that way. Of course, if you needed a -3 mana cost craft in the first place, this makes no difference. But if for some reason we haven't achieved yet or we can't hope to get any time soon the desired 14 cast rate and because of that we would only need -1 mana cost of Incinerate (the less cast rate, the higher the cost of Incinerate can be), such a small adjustment might open the suffix of the ring for one more +1 to minimum frenzy charge, which is pretty substantial. As such, I would definitely look for -x% reduced mana cost of skills as the 4th affix of the classical (double cast speed + % life) jewels of the build.

All I am saying is the formula is super simple not to take it into account and make us more flexible throughout our itemization. I am definitely having it in mind (and going to play a lot with it) as I play my toon. That extra minimim frenzy charge for example is yummy -although admittedly not so simple to get. Cheers!

Your mana calc is ok. Just in my pob i have mana regen about ~40/s. Mana will be sustained infinitely as long your Incinerate cost doesn't go over 2, considering cast speed ~14/s.
"
MemberLight написал:
Also, mind checking the path between Trickery and Blood Drinker? There are a lot of mediocre nodes there. Technically you can connect Coordination with Blood Drinker with only 2 dex nodes, so 5 extra points. Do you think it is worth to use them on any of the following - arsonist, herbalism or maybe more channeling nodes instead? Seems that it can be better but I can't quite see it

You are right! Tnx for noticing that. Ill update the PoB.
"
TorsteinTheFallen написал:
"
MemberLight написал:

You are right! Tnx for noticing that. Ill update the PoB.

Actually, I was trying to min-max this build at lvl 100 and I think the original path through Elemental Focus/Lethal Assault is still the best. The thing is that these skills may be mediocre, but almost every one adds substantial dps, while reaching other skills that seem better at first (e.g. Singular Focus, Explosive Impact) requires going through at least a few +10 INT skills, which makes your overall DPS lower.

The original path also allows you to add an additional Jewel near Mind Drinker for only 2 points. If you get a good Jewel (e.g. +7-8% cast speed and +6-7% max life), that's unbeatable.

I've tried adding Breath of Flame, Prodigal Perfection, Explosive Impact, some +cast speed skills around Precision/Coordination, and nothing results in higher DPS (at least with my items).

Here is my final build.
3100k+ DPS / 8200+ HP at level 100.
The main change is that I replaced Tireless with +life Jewels and -3 mana cost mod, and added Singular Focus instead.
Hi all!

I never played before with Skitterbots... Why are included in this build, Whats their function?

Ty!!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация