[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

"
Bmxant написал:
"
MrHarp написал:
I don't understand how this build works with crit. I'm using controlled destruction, which lowers my critical strike chance, but getting crit nodes. Why? Also how does the Elemental Overload node works? When I pick it my in-game DPS drops.

Very fun build so far, I'm really liking it!

Hey, we're getting crit nodes so we can proc Elemental Overload more often. You might see a drop in tooltip damage, but when you proc EO, you're getting 40% more elemental damage. You'll see the buff icon pop up quite frequently on the top left of the screen.

But then wouldn't be better to use another support gem in place of controlled destruction to proc elemental overload even more often?
Keep in mind that I'm a newish player here, just want to understand the mechanics of the build
"
MrHarp написал:
"
Bmxant написал:
"
MrHarp написал:
I don't understand how this build works with crit. I'm using controlled destruction, which lowers my critical strike chance, but getting crit nodes. Why? Also how does the Elemental Overload node works? When I pick it my in-game DPS drops.

Hey, we're getting crit nodes so we can proc Elemental Overload more often. You might see a drop in tooltip damage, but when you proc EO, you're getting 40% more elemental damage. You'll see the buff icon pop up quite frequently on the top left of the screen.

But then wouldn't be better to use another support gem in place of controlled destruction to proc elemental overload even more often?
Keep in mind that I'm a newish player here, just want to understand the mechanics of the build

I always had a similar thought as I ran a Incin+Volatile Dead Chieftain last season and it also used controlled destruction. I think the crit chance % is low, but Incinerate hits so many times, that even with a low crit chance you're going to crit a lot and activate Elemental Overload. This is what I understand at least as this is my second league playing PoE.
Последняя редакция: TinyJuggs. Время: 13 марта 2019 г., 8:45:22
Hi, thanks for the guide!
What should I start changing first when trying to go from starter version to full?
Thanks for the guide! I ma having a lot of fun with this build. Like a couple others in the thread, I played a Incinerate/Volatile Dead Chieftain last season and had a lot of fun. You build is even more enjoyable for my playstyle.

I'm just starting maps but feel like even my crappy gear can get me through at least T8 maps (4500 hp and max resists).

Thanks!
"
TinyJuggs написал:
Is there a huge dps difference between Martyr of Innocence and Searing Touch? Both are 5L for now and Searing Touch is so cheap, I saw one for 50c earlier.

Also mapping Incin+CWC+Body Swap is so fun with Incin, imagine Poet's Pen, but 1000 times more smooth as it feels like you're just shield charging with incin on steroids. More like a battering ram of fire. You do take about a 30% dps loss, so I highly recommend it for mapping and then swap out for bosses.

So far so fun.

Would you mind making your characters public? I want to take a look at this
"
Jangri написал:
"
TinyJuggs написал:
Is there a huge dps difference between Martyr of Innocence and Searing Touch? Both are 5L for now and Searing Touch is so cheap, I saw one for 50c earlier.

Also mapping Incin+CWC+Body Swap is so fun with Incin, imagine Poet's Pen, but 1000 times more smooth as it feels like you're just shield charging with incin on steroids. More like a battering ram of fire. You do take about a 30% dps loss, so I highly recommend it for mapping and then swap out for bosses.

So far so fun.

Would you mind making your characters public? I want to take a look at this

Sure, but it's still low level as I literally just started the other day.

I have a Tabula Rasa with Incinerate+Infused Channeling+Faster Casting+Added Lightning Damage+CWC+ Body Swap. For bosses I switch back in Combustion and Controlled Destruction in place of CWC and Bodyswap.

Later on I'll Probably add in Concentrated effect in for bosses in place of lightning damage, and Increased area of effect for mapping.
Последняя редакция: TinyJuggs. Время: 13 марта 2019 г., 10:47:12
Why to keep Vaal Grace at level 10 and not higher?
"
Jangri написал:
Do you think Martyr will drop in price anytime soon?

dunno rly

"
dom143 написал:
i for now use the carcass jack 5 link using wand-shield 5.3k life at lv 88 doing just fine in tier 10s map. Martyr is so overprice smh :( im thinking of take the EB and MoM nodes. Any idea if it work with the build?

Cant use Equilibrium with Anger and Herald.

"
TinyJuggs написал:

So far so fun.

You have both staves loaded in full build PoB. Difference is around 10-15%. Go for the Searing Touch. F those Martyr prices.

"
maxrightgame написал:
Hi, thanks for the guide!
What should I start changing first when trying to go from starter version to full?

Prob 6L and Kaom's. Go for the Searing Touch staff its cheap.

"
OldDragon написал:
Thanks for the guide! I ma having a lot of fun with this build. Like a couple others in the thread, I played a Incinerate/Volatile Dead Chieftain last season and had a lot of fun. You build is even more enjoyable for my playstyle.

I'm just starting maps but feel like even my crappy gear can get me through at least T8 maps (4500 hp and max resists).

Thanks!

TY for the feeback! Keep steamrollin' :D

"
Lisonn написал:
Why to keep Vaal Grace at level 10 and not higher?

level 10-12 no need to go higher. Dex req gets too high.
Just 6-linked my staff !

My progress so far:

Скрытый текст

This build is beastly amazing! Thank you so much for it! having my best league yet!
Последняя редакция: Paintherapy. Время: 13 марта 2019 г., 14:43:49
"
MrHarp написал:
"
Bmxant написал:
"
MrHarp написал:

Elemental overload procs on a crit and then applies a buff that lasts for 8 seconds. So technically it's enough to crit once ever 8 seconds.

So you are trying to juggle as low crit as possible and still be able to reach that.

Most builds use dont use crit nodes at all and use Controlled destruction for the massive multiplier for their main spell (where crits drops to 0-1%, thus not really being able to proc El. Overload) AND a 2nd spell that has "normal" crit chance.

If you get some crit nodes in this build it's mainly for convenience, as your main skill (Incinerate) will then still have 3-4% crit chance even after Controlled destruction, and thus can trigger El Oveload on itself, thus not needing you to cast Orb of Storms (which is the 2ndary spell) as often/not at all.

so, tldr: You try to double dip into El OL massive dmg boost AND using controlled destruction, can make that work with either getting those 3 crit nodes OR by casting Orb of storms more often.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация