[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

Hi, thanks for the guide. I have just transitioned to using scold's and malevolence and I can't seem to sustain energy shield properly when taking damage. Started using nghamahus sign now with ball lightning and it seems to keep me alive, but ES sustain seems problematic. Does it correct itself when I have more life? This is my first time at trying cwdt trigger guide so I might have some of the basics wrong.
"
Josnic85 написал:
Hi, thanks for the guide. I have just transitioned to using scold's and malevolence and I can't seem to sustain energy shield properly when taking damage. Started using nghamahus sign now with ball lightning and it seems to keep me alive, but ES sustain seems problematic. Does it correct itself when I have more life? This is my first time at trying cwdt trigger guide so I might have some of the basics wrong.

I was also having a little trouble with this. I think what's happening is Spirit Offering is not consuming enough corpses (if your max ES fluctuates, it's this) and so you're not recovering past the damage taken. It ended up "fixing itself" for me after I started using an onslaught flask (don't ask me how that worked).

I would just grab some Energy Shield Leech (from support gem or tree cluster) until a source of ES on hit is available (Fenumus Spinnerets for example) Light Eater is only 3 points while ES Leech Support has a reasonable damage multiplier while you're leeching. This is only going to work if you aren't constantly topping off (hitting max ES)though.

And yes, more life will make even a weaker Spirit Offering stronger and therefore work better.

Hope this helps!

Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 3:18:24
hi Gryphenprey!

could u pls take a look at my character (Metamorph_Maesthro)?
Feels like im spawning not enough volatile balls.
Testes in HO, only 3 balls per cycle, is that normal?

ES sustain is no problem, though it bounces very hard.
"
majesthro написал:
hi Gryphenprey!

could u pls take a look at my character (Metamorph_Maesthro)?
Feels like im spawning not enough volatile balls.
Testes in HO, only 3 balls per cycle, is that normal?

ES sustain is no problem, though it bounces very hard.

Yes that's normal. This build doesn't need to spam tons of balls via spell cascade. It's not necessary and make FPS performance worse than it already can be.

Basically you do a lot of damage per ball and theres still a ton of them going around clearing for you. Also means more socket space since cwdt unearth gmp isn't required to sustain balls and offering.

Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 3:40:58
Ok, thx for your answer.
Then I'm lacking raw damage.

Any suggestions? What are the main damage power sources for us. Currently at 22k per ball xD.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Josnic85 написал:

I was also having a little trouble with this. I think what's happening is Spirit Offering is not consuming enough corpses (if your max ES fluctuates, it's this) and so you're not recovering past the damage taken. It ended up "fixing itself" for me after I started using an onslaught flask (don't ask me how that worked).

I would just grab some Energy Shield Leech (from support gem or tree cluster) until a source of ES on hit is available (Fenumus Spinnerets for example) Light Eater is only 3 points while ES Leech Support has a reasonable damage multiplier while you're leeching. This is only going to work if you aren't constantly topping off (hitting max ES)though.

And yes, more life will make even a weaker Spirit Offering stronger and therefore work better.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. It helped. Switched flasks around a bit. I had stibnite and one other flask had increased evasion. Was I evading my own damage from scolds? :P Also dropped spell cascade from VD links which leaves more corpses for offering. Anyhow sustain is a better already.
hey

3 questions

firstly, how times per second are you casting volatile dead including the corpse pact in the setup without cast while channeling

secondly, how many times per second are you hitting with cyclone in the cast while channeling setup with corpse pact

thirdly, with two offerings (while using the new belt) going on constantly, will cwdt-desecrate-spell cascade (i think is 40 corpses per second?) be enough?

ty in advance
"
A_Rock_I_Am написал:
hey

3 questions

firstly, how times per second are you casting volatile dead including the corpse pact in the setup without cast while channeling

secondly, how many times per second are you hitting with cyclone in the cast while channeling setup with corpse pact

thirdly, with two offerings (while using the new belt) going on constantly, will cwdt-desecrate-spell cascade (i think is 40 corpses per second?) be enough?

ty in advance

In the self cast variant with scold's you are limited to the CD of cwdt triggers which is a base of .25s.

The amount of hits with cyclone isn't relevant.

And with the new belt you would use a level 20 cwdt for Bone and Flesh offerings to reduce the corpses consumed per second as well as get the maximum effect out.of them.
hey

just when you thought you had a grasp on a build :(

i don't understand how cwdt limits the volatile dead. cause volatile dead is not on a cwdt link is it? or is it to do with mana/es sustain?

I just realised how i miss understood this. Cyclone is a channel and mana is not per hit, i think.

ty on this. Nice simple fix
"
A_Rock_I_Am написал:
hey

just when you thought you had a grasp on a build :(

i don't understand how cwdt limits the volatile dead. cause volatile dead is not on a cwdt link is it? or is it to do with mana/es sustain?

I just realised how i miss understood this. Cyclone is a channel and mana is not per hit, i think.

ty on this. Nice simple fix

We use cwdt to cast desecrate which produces the corpses that we need for VD.

In the self cast variant you need to proc CWDT on every cast of VD for it to work properly. Channeling with cyclone let's us get around this because it will always cast VD even if there are no legal targets whereas to self cast it you need a corpse to target.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 15 дек. 2019 г., 14:35:56

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация