[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Vortex is instant and CS has a cast time. For fast clearing with enough damage (this is not a super expensive build) you mostly only need Vortex. CS helps with tankier packs, rares and bosses. Also good to snipe from range if there is a defended shrine with many packs.

Some people put CS in the 6L, but I prefer Vortex for main damage as an instant cast. And Rime Gaze makes CS a 5L.

I don't think Wintertide is worth the investment, at least in this build. (See current PoB...)

You really want a trigger wand with Frost Bomb, Orb of Storms and Stormbrand. Along with EE, that gives a great boost to dps that does not take an extra button. Also getting Frostbite on Blasphemy. (All these things contribute to not needing CS for a lot of your clearing, and also for quick kills, with CS, on bosses.)

I really like the LL version with Prism Guardian and the Auras reserving life. Then you have no mana issues. A 6L Shavs is down around 3 ex, or maybe closer to 2 for corrupted if you can find one with the right sockets, which is not hard.
Последняя редакция: GreyLensman. Время: 29 июля 2020 г., 12:03:09
Shaper down, had one death as i wasnt cautious enough from his hammer.
I got two gold oils from harvest, so i switched to my Presence of Chayula, respeccing to use Malediction, and dropped creeping frost 4L. I can't use two curses yet, but did use the blasphemy + frostbite setup, and put storm brand in the wand. Way easier for keeping EE up, even though i lose an extra 500k or so dps from dropping my 3rd DoT.

Getting the rime gize today made me happy as well. I have a decent pair of boots im working on crafting, as i can't use the aspect of the spider now with blasphemy.

Последняя редакция: agm_ultimatex. Время: 31 июля 2020 г., 0:18:14
Hi sorry to bother but I'm having a hard time getting Fortify on hit to work with Flame Dash on Elder boots(Just doesn't proc). Could anyone help please? Thanks
"
xeric_aj написал:
Hi sorry to bother but I'm having a hard time getting Fortify on hit to work with Flame Dash on Elder boots(Just doesn't proc). Could anyone help please? Thanks

This with the Elder mod "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Fortify"? Fortify Support only supports "melee attack skills that are not triggered", Flame Dash is neither a melee skill nor an attack skill.
"
st0rmie написал:
"
xeric_aj написал:

This with the Elder mod "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Fortify"? Fortify Support only supports "melee attack skills that are not triggered", Flame Dash is neither a melee skill nor an attack skill.

Its in the build? "First Choice: Rare
Alternate Choice: Sin Trek

Same as CI. From 3.7: "Your first choice for boots should be a 30-35% Movement Speed pair with ES and resists. Again, this slot isn't super complicated.

There are a number of quality of life and speed mods that can be rolled on boots, but none of them are remotely required. Elder boots can give Fortify on hit to your Flame Dash and chance to gain Endurance Charges on hit, Redeemer has chance to gain both Onslaught on kill and Elusive on critical strike, Hunter has Tailwind if you've crit recently, and Delve crafting can hit a few nice but niche mods as well. If you can get any of these, awesome! If not, just get fast and get some defenses." so i don't see how that works/why its in the build?
"
xeric_aj написал:
.. so i don't see how that works/why its in the build?

Yeah I queried that a couple of weeks ago but didn't get any reply.
HI i would like to know 3 things:

1-- Why putting add cold damage affects EE and my usual skill (Vortex) does not
2-- Is it ok to put add cold damage in your gear (except for weapon)
3-- Why the hell am i getting hit kill all the time?? id: dlthunderAC

Maybe im not seeing my ES going down (since it doesnt do any visual effect like life does) and i dont stay safe to recharge it.

Thans!
"
dlthunder написал:

No, it's not OK to have added cold damage on your gear, it will mess up EE.

The section "Elemental Equilibrium" in 3.1 covers this - is anything there unclear?

Yes, the initial hit from Vortex does trigger EE and cause the enemy to become resistant to cold, but this is almost immediately overwritten by Storm Brand or Orb of Storms. And then the ongoing damage over time from Vortex does not trigger EE again because EE specifies "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage", and DOT damage does not "hit".

If you have added cold damage on gear, Storm Brand and Orb of Storms will now do cold damage as well as lightning damage, and will make enemies resistant to cold and lightning.
Последняя редакция: st0rmie. Время: 4 авг. 2020 г., 2:49:19
"
st0rmie написал:
"
dlthunder написал:

No, it's not OK to have added cold damage on your gear, it will mess up EE.

The section "Elemental Equilibrium" in 3.1 covers this - is anything there unclear?

Yes, the initial hit from Vortex does trigger EE and cause the enemy to become resistant to cold, but this is almost immediately overwritten by Storm Brand or Orb of Storms. And then the ongoing damage over time from Vortex does not trigger EE again because EE specifies "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage", and DOT damage does not "hit".

If you have added cold damage on gear, Storm Brand and Orb of Storms will now do cold damage as well as lightning damage, and will make enemies resistant to cold and lightning.

Oh god... thats smart. Now i got it. Thanks! Do you know what ES is "ok" for red maps? Im diyng alot and i have only 6.5k (IC, max resit.)
"
st0rmie написал:
"
xeric_aj написал:
.. so i don't see how that works/why its in the build?

Yeah I queried that a couple of weeks ago but didn't get any reply.

I would also be interested in hearing from someone who's tried Tailwind or Elusive on boots. The crit chance for SB and OOS is so low that, even with several pulses a second between them, I would expect the uptime to be pretty low. Given the cost of boots that have high ES and high resists AND Elusive or TW, it didn't seem like a good investment.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация