[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
ShakCentral написал:
For anyone who might be interested in playing Vortex in Endless Delve, I put together a very ramble-y 1 take video of my thoughts on Vortex for Endless Delve here: https://youtu.be/Dtepp0cTGe0

Enjoy!

Could you post your item filter you are going to use? Thanks.
Just saw someone made to top 4 with vortex build, really amazing!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sanyathegod/characters

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2999728
Your build looks awesome. But I would like to know if the damage is good enough vs end game bosses ?

Thanks
For anyone here concerned about triggering EE in endless delve, I am doing it this way:

Divine Ire + Infused Channeling + Inspiration

Divine Ire (ONLY for the channeling phase, NOT the beam!) does great at proccing EE and has a MASSIVE radius with all the AOE nodes this build uses, and seems to be hitting with lightning damage very often and having no problem staying on top of keeping the resists where they need to be.

Vortex + Efficacy + Controlled Destruction + Hypothermia + Elemental Focus + Inspiration

I then put another Inspiration in my Vortex setup because inspiration is strong AF and having it in the Divine Ire links means it is at 5/5 charges 99% of the time. Sometime I swap Elemental Focus with Increased Rarity

Edit::: I also went Trickster but should work the same either way
Последняя редакция: jldupreeiii. Время: 12 дек. 2020 г., 17:11:45
I am late to the delve event and I am only 67. Just watched the Vid and I started Hybrid Life/ES, using Storm Brand and Hex Touch to proc temp chains works really well in delve and saves your mana bigtime instead of using Blasphemy or self cast curse.
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 13 дек. 2020 г., 3:06:23
"
Vennto написал:
Hey there,

so, as a very late starter for PoE (Delirium was my first full league) I finally decided to try out a new build, after I played only Pathfinder up until now. I prefer learning a build/class inside out before getting my head into something new.

Inspired by the World´s first kill in Harvest from a Vortex player I wanted to get into it, since I love to play off-meta stuff and will never see myself with a BV assassin, Impale Cyclone or Summoner (booooh!).

So I went through this thread, copied a bunch of the last posted PoB´s and have to ask: The 10-12mio dps seem just insanely high for a dot-skill with that much dmg-uptime, looking forward to it. But I didn´t see a clear defensive concept:

- Very little Dodge, No Evasion
- No Armour
- Sometimes a bit block, but barely any reasonable amounts of spellblock
- nothing cray in terms of + max resistances.

As someone who really prefers to have a well-rounded character (as Shak also postulated this is) I wonder, how do you guys mitigate incoming damage? Did I oversee something important? As well, in his youtube-vids he just got plain oneshot on Uber-Elder, while I played a Build that could literally face-tank it with more dps. Don´t want to flex anything here, just looking for help to make my first experiences with Vortex enjoyable. I am down to reduce DPS when the tankiness goes up :D Maybe u guys can help me and explain a few ways, how u deal with incoming dmg with this build. Thanks in advance!

So, this is still open. Would really love an answer :D
quote="Vennto" realm="pc"]
"
Vennto написал:
Hey there,

so, as a very late starter for PoE (Delirium was my first full league) I finally decided to try out a new build, after I played only Pathfinder up until now. I prefer learning a build/class inside out before getting my head into something new.

Inspired by the World´s first kill in Harvest from a Vortex player I wanted to get into it, since I love to play off-meta stuff and will never see myself with a BV assassin, Impale Cyclone or Summoner (booooh!).

So I went through this thread, copied a bunch of the last posted PoB´s and have to ask: The 10-12mio dps seem just insanely high for a dot-skill with that much dmg-uptime, looking forward to it. But I didn´t see a clear defensive concept:

- Very little Dodge, No Evasion
- No Armour
- Sometimes a bit block, but barely any reasonable amounts of spellblock
- nothing cray in terms of + max resistances.

As someone who really prefers to have a well-rounded character (as Shak also postulated this is) I wonder, how do you guys mitigate incoming damage? Did I oversee something important? As well, in his youtube-vids he just got plain one shot on Uber-Elder, while I played a Build that could literally face-tank it with more dps. Don´t want to flex anything here, just looking for help to make my first experiences with Vortex enjoyable. I am down to reduce DPS when the tackiness goes up :D Maybe u guys can help me and explain a few ways, how u deal with incoming dmg with this build. Thanks in advance!

So, this is still open. Would really love an answer :D

Most of the defense comes from a High Energy Shield (9k+) with Energy Shield sustain. The better you get at playing vortex and knowing how to move around will be also your best defense. This is a build where you can't tank Bosses though or take multiple hits. Example if you take a big hit you need to flame dash out of danger and wait for ES Regen or you sustain to take you back to full.

With 12mil DPS which is achievable by crafting your own gear without harvest crafting. Most bosses will melt in 3-5 seconds before they even have a chance to hit you except for phased boss encounters.

If your looking for well rounded league starter to farm end game bosses this is the build for you but you need to learn all boss mechanics and know what you can get hit by and not get hit by. This isn't a overall high defensive build it's more offense. It can feel very Tanky with 10k ES, but two hits from the wrong mechanics can kill you very quickly.
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 13 дек. 2020 г., 21:24:21
Got a 6link and hit 85 in delve pushing 200 depth in the delve race :D
Great to see all the different approaches to tackling the endless Delve with this character.

I'm still in the life/ES hybrid stage and should really be dead a lot more times than I have been. My life is just under 3k and my ES is about 600 so obviously a lot of room for improvement but gearing is brutal mainly because currency just doesn't drop. I think I could exchange my currency and scrape together about 90 fusings, so probably not enough to get a 5 link and why would I want to 5 link an iLvl 75 item?

I have done well with a couple of drops, the wand was an early find and has served me well enough. I found a ring from a Cold items node which gave me increased cold damage and Frostbite on hit which is just fantastic.

I can't give up the starter shield, the block is amazing for survivability and the constant Endurance charge generation is also great. Sure, the actual shield stats are non-existent but I'm still loving it.

I'm also finding that Arctic Armour is invaluable in Delve and synergises very nicely with the build.

Having a bugger of a time finding flasks. Could really do with a phasing one but just haven't found one yet.

How's everyone else going?
Very easily hit 90 on a 4L, build is awesome and it was my first time playing it. Took a little bit to get used to and I went for a little more offence than what was in the video. Got lucky and managed to get a wand with cold dot multi with fossil crafting. Super enjoyable time. I'd try to push for 95 but still being on a 4L after trying everything is a bit annoying.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация