[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Karmoth666 написал:
Dear Vortex maniacs :-)... i am on the search for an ultra tanky version of a vortex build, damage is secondary for me, i have shaks wonderful build,big ducks creeping frost version and a version from playlikejay. is there anybody out there, who could give me advice what to do if u wanna build a "vortex fortress?" i am absolutely no pro gamer, so my little goals in poe are playing high red maps and doing ultimatums.
thanks guys.....

good news for you: this build is already incredibly tanky as it is! though if you wanted to crank it up to 11, here are some tips for you.

- you could use the power of the occultist to stack defensive curses. temporal chains is already a fixture in the build but you could expand on this with enfeeble. the "Heretic's Veil" helmet provides a carefree way of applying them all at once (use enlightened to lower the reservation cost)
- stacking even more life regen, block chance as well as a "recover ES on block" mod on a shield should keep your ES topped up
- even though it was nerfed, vigilante strike + the vigil threshold jewel should still provide a reliable source of fortify to migitate all damage. alternatively you could use fortily linked to shield charge and hit the mobs with it.
- enduring cry is an easy way to generate endurance charges, but i am sure there are several other ways to get them reliably.
- a unique option for CI builds is the "Incandescent Heart" body armor that essentially reduces all elemental hits on you by 25% as long as you are immune to chaos damage.

all that being said, this build is already very good on defensives. any further investment into them could leave you with less damage, resulting in longer fights giving you more opportunities to die.

hope that helps a bit :)
Последняя редакция: Monti_Jones. Время: 21 апр. 2021 г., 4:18:16
....brilliant... thank you very much, sir, for your kind an fast help. thanks a lot ! i`ve seen the light now, and take shaks route with your adjustments :-)
Последняя редакция: Karmoth666. Время: 21 апр. 2021 г., 4:44:07
Hello,

First time trying this build.

Currently CI, and i am not sure if i will ever transistion to LL - as i love the tankiness CI provides.

My only issue is the damage output i have currently. I know the easy answer for this would be to go LL - but if that is out of the question.

I was looking at the Mark of the Shaper ring, as a possible option - though it is not listed as part of the CI gearing.

Isnt this still super viable for CI, with an Elder ring in the other ring slot?

Any other tips on greater damage would also be good. I have most of the Clusters suggested for CI in the POB.

Thanks!
" -ANY "while affected by Discipline" mod except for "+# Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline"

Does this really work with Vortex ticks?
ign: GooseOffender
"
vp0llas написал:
Any other tips on greater damage would also be good.

6L. +1 cold gems shield. 21 Vortex. 20/20 supports or Awakened supports. Watcher's Eye. Better wand. Cold dot multi gloves.
What would be better for DPS,

6L CI or 5L Shavs LL?
Was wondering if it would be possible to fit in an Aspect (of the Spider most likely) in this build, CI version, as I currently have that open suffix on my boots staring at me with nothing useful to craft.

Malevolence and Dsicipline reserve 85% , Aspect 25%.

Enlighten 4 would be 12% less, would it stack with the Shield mod 'Socketed Gems have 15% reduced reservation'? (I also want recover ES when you block on shield, that will be expensive with high ES on it but OK)

What other ways would there be for -mana reserved?
1% on 2 jewels maybe, that's it I guess.

You still want around 200 available mana I think for abilities, so it will be hard/not sure if worth the trouble?

Just getting started in white maps and not really sure when I'm supposed to ditch Creeping Frost altogether and just go with Vortex + Cold Snap for damage. The PoB doesn't have a full set of skill links until you switch to CI so I'm thinking it looks something like

Vortex 5/6L
Vaal Cold Snap 4/5L
Flame Dash 4L
Orb of Storms 3L
CWDT 3L

This leaves one 4L which I guess is just for miscellaneous Malevolence, Discipline, not sure what else?
"
warxtreme написал:
What would be better for DPS,

6L CI or 5L Shavs LL?

I checked this in his POB and removed Swift Affliction from the Shav's LL setup.

The 5link LL build with 2 clusters is higher DPS than the 6 link CI build with clusters.
"
fnurt написал:
Just getting started in white maps and not really sure when I'm supposed to ditch Creeping Frost altogether and just go with Vortex + Cold Snap for damage. The PoB doesn't have a full set of skill links until you switch to CI so I'm thinking it looks something like

Vortex 5/6L
Vaal Cold Snap 4/5L
Flame Dash 4L
Orb of Storms 3L
CWDT 3L

This leaves one 4L which I guess is just for miscellaneous Malevolence, Discipline, not sure what else?

You could easily to switch to Vortex now. I switched while leveling with no issues.

You have the general hybrid gem setup set up correct. If you can manage pressing yet another button, you can add in Frost Shield to an open socket.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация