[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
ShakCentral написал:
New and/or curious players, please ignore the doom and gloom on the forums. Vortex is alive and well and we're getting close to an updated PoB. Guide will be updated ASAP; just lots to do. Thanks!

In general IGNORE THE DOOM AND GLOOM. This is a major change and POE will be a different game. The vast majority of builds will be fine and work. If you like vortex or thought it looked interesting in previous leagues, it'll be just fine this league.

Also, maintaining a build guide is alot of work. Especially when there are major changes involved. We appreciate your effort.
Последняя редакция: DeadBabyDave. Время: 22 июля 2021 г., 2:33:05
"We're going to be re-adding cold damage over time to Hypothermia, granting 29% more at gem level 20.

We will remove it from Hypothermia again when we create another cold DoT-focused support gem in future." -Chris Wilson

LOOKS LIKE VORTEX IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!
Последняя редакция: Gumgajua. Время: 22 июля 2021 г., 2:39:31
"
diablomig написал:
Is LL with Shavronnes and that the life reserve shield required to take on end game bosses (Sirus, Uber Elder)? Or would CI be able to kill them as well?

You can do them on CI rather easily. I personally found CI easier for Elder/UElder and LL easier for A9 but YMMV.
Hi, i'm looking for a good map clear league start. Would this one be better than the typical ED/C ? I want to farm currency the first week in maps, i'm not interested in rushing to aw8
"
AcidCitrus написал:
Hi, i'm looking for a good map clear league start. Would this one be better than the typical ED/C ? I want to farm currency the first week in maps, i'm not interested in rushing to aw8

No, this is not a map clear build. It has average clear, it's more suitable for safe-bossing.
"
ShakCentral написал:
New and/or curious players, please ignore the doom and gloom on the forums. Vortex is alive and well and we're getting close to an updated PoB. Guide will be updated ASAP; just lots to do. Thanks!

You gotta be a freaking necromancer to resurrect something, which was nuked. But I'm curious about what you are going to do.
Really stoked to see they’re reviving Hypothermia for Cold DoT and always really grateful to see Shak working towards updating the build for 3.15 even when things have felt like they’ve been at their absolute worst.

Regarding Bonechill changes, and more generally, does anyone know how Cold damage affects Cold DoT? Is it a one to one relationship (I.e. 15% cold damage = 15% cold dot) or is it calculated differently?
It doesn't matter matter much they brought back hypohtermia, as using creeping frost in a dual 5L is significantly more dps*. And empower is stronger anyway.

The build is fine.

One of the build main strength has always been it's flexibility. That helps alot to mitigate that kind of nerfs.

Edit: don't forget that Expedition will come with new Gear, and I suspect we might get pretty good stuff out of the 4 new npcs.
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 22 июля 2021 г., 14:33:48
in PoB, my 3.14 build from early last game (lv 1 awakened gems, LL) goes from 2.3M to 2.2M DPS by adding creeping frost to my 6L.

Vortex 21/23
Creeping Frost 21/20
Empower 4/20
Awakened Swift Affliction 1/20
Awakened Controlled Destruction 1/20
Awakened Elemental Focus 1/20

My main concern is Elemental Overload activation. But nearly no dps loss is excellent news indeed :)

However, my GG 3.13 build goes from 13.8m to 9m thou. that's with mirror grade gear, like a +4 shav or

The classic "6L" version of the build goes from 13.8m to 6m, a 57% dps loss...

Using a 4+2 or double 5L, whatever it is called, is definitively the way to go.

I'm very pleasantly surprised, I did expect a lot, lot worse!

happy :)

Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 22 июля 2021 г., 15:12:28
"
Roselan написал:
in PoB, my 3.14 build from early last game (lv 1 awakened gems, LL) goes from 2.3M to 2.2M DPS by adding creeping frost to my 6L.

Vortex 21/23
Creeping Frost 21/20
Empower 4/20
Awakened Swift Affliction 1/20
Awakened Controlled Destruction 1/20
Awakened Elemental Focus 1/20

My main concern is Elemental Overload activation. But nearly no dps loss is excellent news indeed :)

However, my GG 3.13 build goes from 13.8m to 9m thou. that's with mirror grade gear, like a +4 shav or

The classic "6L" version of the build goes from 13.8m to 6m, a 57% dps loss...

Using a 4+2 or double 5L, whatever it is called, is definitively the way to go.

I'm very pleasantly surprised, I did expect a lot, lot worse!

happy :)

So this design would be using both skills on 5 links basically? That is kinda interesting, thanks for all the theory crafting going on I appreciate it for sure.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация