[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Hello,

I'm starting to switch over to the LL moderately expensive version. I'm looking at picking up the required cluster jewels, but I'm a little confused:

The guide in the OP lists cluster jewels, however none of these cluster jewels match the jewels in the POB. Should I be aiming to grab jewels similar to the ones in the POB, or the OP?

Also, I'm having an extremely hard time finding Corrupted Frozen Trails with -1% mana reserved... are they super rare? Can't even add a filter for such a stat on trade. I haven't found a single one yet.

Thanks!
Последняя редакция: jnskeh. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 1:41:28
Frost Shield seems like a powerful defensive add to this build; it converts energy shield by a factor of ~5. And it isn't a guard skill, so it stacks another defense layer. Haven't played with it enough to determine the best triggering method.
"
buckr49 написал:
I'm trying the endgame CI build. Both Malevolence and Hatred are saying "Not Enough Life". Why is this?

You can't reserve life in a CI build. You have to reserve mana, i suspect that you use a prism guardian which is used for the LL version.
"
jnskeh написал:
Hello,

Also, I'm having an extremely hard time finding Corrupted Frozen Trails with -1% mana reserved... are they super rare? Can't even add a filter for such a stat on trade. I haven't found a single one yet.

Thanks!

there are plenty for sale. You have to search for the implicit: #% increased mana reserved.
"
OmniscientlyMe написал:
Frost Shield seems like a powerful defensive add to this build; it converts energy shield by a factor of ~5. And it isn't a guard skill, so it stacks another defense layer. Haven't played with it enough to determine the best triggering method.

maybe in the triggering wand?
I put it in an unset ring and just trigger it when needed manually.

Seems to work ok but haven't done any serious bossing yet.
I have a couple of questions.. When I first started playing this season I was leveling as a Creeping Frost build, so when I found your SS build, my skill tree, while similar, was too dissimilar to fix; so I ended up making a new toon to follow your build.

The reason I tell you this is because when I first switched from the two 4L Blue SS setups to the ones you recommend for A10 and set up the Vortex links on my chest, I was firing off balls + Creeping Frost, etc w/every cast.

My first toon had gems that were 1-2 levels ahead of mine, but that I could use; so I switched them, but all of a sudden I'm no longer firing off balls w/every cast. I can't figure out why not. I exited the game and reentered and still no joy.

As for my other question, would you take a look at my toon and tell me which wand is better? I have 1 in my bags that I was using for the +cold dmg over time and fast cast, but then I found the Twyzel and started using it instead due to you saying that high base dmg wands are better for leveling.

[edit to add/]Pilau is the toon which is the SS build.[/edit]
Последняя редакция: Kohelani. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 16:08:28
Thanks for the build and guide. I have a couple of questions:

First, how much dexterity should I plan for: That is, should I try to get enough to run Swift Affliction and Hypothermia at level 20, or is it suitable to have them at some lower level. Side question: do most people take that 30 dex node in the tree?

Second, what should be my energy shield goal? I am softcore and have seen hardcore players with over 11K ES on similar builds, but that seems out of reach and not needed in my case.
"
Kohelani написал:
I have a couple of questions.. When I first started playing this season I was leveling as a Creeping Frost build, so when I found your SS build, my skill tree, while similar, was too dissimilar to fix; so I ended up making a new toon to follow your build.

The reason I tell you this is because when I first switched from the two 4L Blue SS setups to the ones you recommend for A10 and set up the Vortex links on my chest, I was firing off balls + Creeping Frost, etc w/every cast.

My first toon had gems that were 1-2 levels ahead of mine, but that I could use; so I switched them, but all of a sudden I'm no longer firing off balls w/every cast. I can't figure out why not. I exited the game and reentered and still no joy.

As for my other question, would you take a look at my toon and tell me which wand is better? I have 1 in my bags that I was using for the +cold dmg over time and fast cast, but then I found the Twyzel and started using it instead due to you saying that high base dmg wands are better for leveling.

[edit to add/]Pilau is the toon which is the SS build.[/edit]

You have a Frostbite instead of Frostbolt linked to Spellslinger :)

Also you don't seem to have done Lab at all on any character, or is that the site bugging out?
Последняя редакция: Mone_chan. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 17:34:18
"
Mone_chan написал:
You have a Frostbite instead of Frostbolt linked to Spellslinger :)

Doh! Thank you!

"
Mone_chan написал:
Also you don't seem to have done Lab at all on any character, or is that the site bugging out?

I've been ignoring it because I tried it once a long time ago and didn't like it. I didn't realize it was a big part of the game and includes ascendancy. Fyi, this season is my 1st time back since 2017.

[edit to add/]Any opinion as to the wand?[/edit]
Последняя редакция: Kohelani. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 17:55:51

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация