3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
bigtoaster64 написал:
"
d373rmined написал:
Question on optimizing cooldown and APS for Stone Golem...
I went with 5 Primordial Harmony and 4 Primordial Eminence because I was playing with the jewel slots in PoB and this returned me the highest DPS numbers. What I did not account for was how it affected my cooldown on Stone Golem's slam. Did I make a mistake by increasing the number of Eminence by solely focusing on DPS numbers in PoB? My current Stone Golem attack/cast speed is 3.04 and cooldown is 1.28 seconds. This is well below the "1" threshold if I'm understanding correctly?

(1 second / 3.04 atk) x 3 multistrike repeat = ~0.9868 < 1.28 cooldown

means that your golems are ready to attack (attack rate) faster then your cooldown recovery speed. That also means that they slam less often and they use their default attack instead, because the slam cooldown is not fast enough.

(1 second / by your attack rate for slam) x by 3 for multistrike repeat should be slightly higher then the cooldown of the skill.

As an example, for a 3.00 attack rate, you need a cooldown lower then 1.00 second, because (1 / 3.00 atk) * 3 = 1 >= Cooldown.

So, you can either drop some eminence for some harmony, and/or get more harmony with better cooldown roll.

You'll feel it, when you have the right cooldown and attack speed ratio, cause your golems will be slamming like mad mens everywhere!

Edit: I tried to import your build in PoB, and w/o vaal haste i'm getting ~2.91 attack rate and ~3.27 with it.

By swapping 2 eminence out for 2 45% cdr harmony, i'm getting slightly below the attack rate with vaal haste and just perfect without vaal haste.

I would say swap 2 eminence for 2 45% cdr harmony (cooldowns might still screw up if vaal haste active, but yeah) OR
swap 1 eminence out of a 45% cdr harmony and reduce a bit your attack speed on 1 eminence or the weapon so the cooldown get slightly below the attack rate.

I have the same setup as you with the weapon, and with 7 perfect cdr harmony i'm getting a good cooldown/attack rate ratio, and my golems are slamming everywhere!

Edit 2: You should definitely use Dread Banner + Generosity or Impale Support in your setup, cause your 3 juicy cluster jewels rotten claws are giving you 60% impale chance, which si not enough to be consitent. With Dread + Gene you'll be getting 92% or 100% with Impale Support, which is much more effective.

I appreciate the detailed response. I need to drop Vaal Haste as I don’t like how it slows down my Vaal Molten Shell soul gains. Didn’t even think about toggling that off in PoB. I was switching some gems/items around when I logged so you probably caught my profile in a mess. I do use Dread Banner/Generosity. Just recently dropped the Impale Support gem for Awakened Minion Damage. Thanks!
How is the Soul Catcher working? If i understand i pop it before activating VMS, right?

I ask because currently i am constantly dying once each t16 map due to have a short time when neither VMS nur MS is active due to downtime, and when neither of them is up the build feels squishy at 5k life.

Maybe i do something wrong anyway, i don´t get it :-(
Последняя редакция: bex_HB. Время: 10 мая 2020 г., 6:12:13
"
bex_HB написал:
How is the Soul Catcher working? If i understand i pop it before activating VMS, right?

I ask because currently i am constantly dying once each t16 map due to have a short time when neither VMS nur MS is active due to downtime, and when neither of them is up the build feels squishy at 5k life.

Maybe i do something wrong anyway, i don´t get it :-(

I don't use perma MS/VMS via soul catcher/ripper and I find survivability in T16's just fine, however I have invested quite a bit into my gear and run with over 6k life at the moment.

The idea with the Soul Catcher is to pop it just before you pop VMS. This will reduce VMS soul gain preventation and if you chain regular MS right after VMS, then you should hopefully have souls by the time MS has finished.

I personally didn't like the playstyle and opted to invest more into life at the expense of damage. Without relying on perma-MS, 5.5k life is the sweet spot for everything to feel comfortable survivability wise and once I got near 6k life, I very rarely died.
Just did my first Sirus fight with the build yesterday.

That's a real joke, I did it deathless. I was able to tank every attacks (except the meteor, I just didn't tried to tank it). Attacks barely do anything to me, except the "Feel the thrill of the void" beam, that dropped my life to ~25% (Nice try Sirus). Golems are fine even in storms, they can dive in and out of it without dying, same for me, I was able to flame dash in and out without any problem. Sirus got melted almost instantly in every phases.

The build feels very safe in that fight.

Btw, I didn't have any "Corrupted blood immunity" jewel (So the fight could be even more safe). But, I had to resummon my lvl 19/0% Lightning Golem in the middle of the fight, after diving for too long in a storm, cause he has a lower life pool then my Chaos/Stone golems. Those were fine.

Really nice build so far. I feel pretty much unkillable with my tiny 4.4k life pool lol.
Последняя редакция: bigtoaster64. Время: 10 мая 2020 г., 10:03:20
I have a question, it is mentioned in the guide that if we have 3 different golems, the primordial harmony jewel will gives us 60% damage boost (if harmony jewel is 20%).

However, I am a bit confused since we are using 7x (standard number), primordial harmony jewel, if I have them at varying damage (ex: 17-20%), then which one will it be selected for our damage calculation, is it additve or multiplicative?
"
bigtoaster64 написал:
J...

Hm ok thx.

Will try to invest some more i guess, to got at least 5.5 life and maybe optimize my clusters ( one missing, yet ).

One thing i don´t get :
people use awakened curse on hit, with vuln + another curse, but i don´t see "you can apply an additional curse" active on the tree ( like in the build profile of OP ).
Do i miss something here? How does this make sense without additional curse on tree / corruption anywhere?

// nvm got it, awakened curse on hit :P
Последняя редакция: bex_HB. Время: 10 мая 2020 г., 13:15:28
"
Otaken96 написал:
I have a question, it is mentioned in the guide that if we have 3 different golems, the primordial harmony jewel will gives us 60% damage boost (if harmony jewel is 20%).

However, I am a bit confused since we are using 7x (standard number), primordial harmony jewel, if I have them at varying damage (ex: 17-20%), then which one will it be selected for our damage calculation, is it additve or multiplicative?

Not really sure to understand your question, but from what I understand, the damage value written on each of your Harmony jewels, is tripled, if you have 3 golem types. It doesn't take a random value between the range of damage roll you have on your jewels and multiply it by 3..

If you have those damage mods on 3 jewels
16% 18% 20%

Then, with 3 golem types, those values are tripled
48% 54% 60%

About to give up, this isn't even counting the ones I've bricked or sold:

Последняя редакция: MidgarTheMarauder. Время: 10 мая 2020 г., 14:02:28
"
bigtoaster64 написал:
"
Otaken96 написал:

Not really sure to understand your question, but from what I understand, the damage value written on each of your Harmony jewels, is tripled, if you have 3 golem types. It doesn't take a random value between the range of damage roll you have on your jewels and multiply it by 3..

If you have those damage mods on 3 jewels
16% 18% 20%

Then, with 3 golem types, those values are tripled
48% 54% 60%

I see! That answer my doubt, tyvm and have fun!
Hi guys,

I tried another variant of the build today.

The variant use a double global +1 amulet with spectres instead of Primordial Chain.

Pros:
- a LOT more damage (about ~2.5 times the damage of my Primordial Chain version)
- Utilize support spectres to get Frenzy Charges (Attack Speed, Movement Speed, etc.) (big damage buff)
- more life for the golems
- an additional rare piece to get some life, resistances, etc.
- Same defenses for the added damage

Cons:
- it's a ~3-5ex craft/trade, so more expensive
- need to get some life and/or regen for the spectres
- Might need to rework your attack rate/cooldown ratio
- Loose 10-30% movement speed on golems
- Might need perfect cooldown Harmony jewel
- Might have to use Convocation sometime to regen Spectres (hard Delirium encounters)

So we replace the

for a

(btw, it's not a perfect one yet, i was just testing this variant for now)

By doing that, we get more golem damage (no more -35-45% golem damage) and more golem life (no more -35-45% golem life).
We can now summon other minion types, such as Spectres.
So we grab 2 Carnage Chieftain to generate Frenzy Charges for our Golems. We drop the 3rd utility golem (lightning, carrion, etc) for a Raise Spectre gem.

If you were lazy like me and using an Empower lvl 3 (+2 linked gems) in your utility Golems links, you'll have to drop it for a Blood Magic Support Gem (So the spectres are able to spam their ability that generate Frenzy Charges). Aswell as getting a +2 Minions Gems helm.

We now have a helm gem setup like this
Chaos Golem - Raise Spectre - Feeding Frenzy - Blood Magic

We also need to get some life and regen for the Spectres, otherwise they'll get deleted by Delirium. So we grab the Sacrifice node on the skill tree.

Better option:
Best in slot would be and Elder based helm with
- +2/3 Minion Gems
- Socketed Gems are Supported by lvl 16/18/20 Minion Life Support
- Minions have #% increased Life
Then no need to grab the Sacrifice node anymore.

Then, you'll have to rework you're attack rate/cooldown ratio on the slam ability of your Stone Golem, cause it might be screwed up now.

In my case, that was fixed by replacing 1 Eminence jewel by a 45% cooldown Harmony jewel.

Then, you'll have to get some Minion Movement Speed mods on the Amulet and both Rings. (Right now i've only 22% and it runs fine, but still)

Even with after loosing 3 golems, we able to achieve a lot more damage, with the same defenses as the Primordial Chain version. Golems are now one-shoting everything, instead of having to slam 2-3 times to kill most monsters.

I ran the Primordial Chain version in a T11 100% Delirious map couples days ago, and it was struggling a bit damage-wise, other aspect (defenses, etc) were pretty fine.

Today I ran a T15 80% Delirious map, it was a complete joke lol. Everything gets deleted instanly, even bosses are getting killed pretty fast. Still as tanky and safe.

Here's a slightly edited version the PoB of that variant : https://pastebin.com/ysM4BdMm which contain the amulet and helm i wish i had aswell as the gear i'm running right now.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация