3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

I will be updating this guide as I learn more about the new league. Don't expect anything concrete within as couple weeks, because I'll be playing the league rather than focusing on a build guide.

"
mort45954 написал:
I'll be a little slow to start this league, becuase I'm working all weekend (of course!) but I'm excited to check this thread to see how people feel about the new options for damage reduction (i.e. stacking chaos res + timeless vs. double armor node) as well as where people land weapon wise.

I'll be checking this thread regularly :)

Do both. The phys damage reduction from chaos golems is not affected by Imbalanced Guard.
Has the build survived the patch? Molten Shell nerfs seem pretty significant, doubt ill be tapping vms and face tanking 25k damage while standing still any longer. I had a ton of fun playing this last season, was only my 2nd season ever and i got plenty of a8 sirus kills thanks to this build being so tanky

I know most people dont like it but I enjoy the minion builds. Just dash through the map picking up my loot as minions take care of all the hard stuff for me, plus my inability to dodge shit really wasnt an issue like normal cause of how tanky

thanks for the build in the first place, gl with the league
"
skyscan написал:

Do both. The phys damage reduction from chaos golems is not affected by Imbalanced Guard.

Do you have a source on this? The physical damage reduction from chaos golem is absolutely reduction. That's why Imbalanced Guard is bad for this build - you are at 49% PDR from golem and basalt flask even before any armour at all, so if you take Imbalanced Guard it is literally preventing you from gaining any benefit at all from your armour.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/h9rlc2/development_manifesto_game_balance_in_path_of/fuymnx4?context=3 quote from GGG about this

"
"[TYPE] Damage Reduction" is only the reduction that comes from Armour, and sorces of "additional [TYPE] Damage Reduction". Damage Reduction for each type is ususally capped at 90%.

Currently, there are sources of additional Physical Damage Reduction (most notably this is one of the base benefits players get for having Endurance Charges), but no sources of additional Damage Reduction for any other type. Armour by default only applies Physical Damage Reduction, but this patch introduces ways to change that, and thus the keystone has to account for those.

No other mechanics are Damage Reduction. Resistances are not Damage Reduction. "x% reduced Damage taken" is not Damage Reduction (although the name of the mechanic is unfortunately similar).
Последняя редакция: cdnza. Время: 21 июня 2020 г., 1:12:31
"
cdnza написал:
"
skyscan написал:

Do you have a source on this? The physical damage reduction from chaos golem is absolutely reduction. That's why Imbalanced Guard is bad for this build - you are at 49% PDR from golem and basalt flask even before any armour at all, so if you take Imbalanced Guard it is literally preventing you from gaining any benefit at all from your armour.

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/h9rlc2/development_manifesto_game_balance_in_path_of/fuymnx4?context=3 quote from GGG about this

"
"[TYPE] Damage Reduction" is only the reduction that comes from Armour, and sorces of "additional [TYPE] Damage Reduction". Damage Reduction for each type is ususally capped at 90%.

Currently, there are sources of additional Physical Damage Reduction (most notably this is one of the base benefits players get for having Endurance Charges), but no sources of additional Damage Reduction for any other type. Armour by default only applies Physical Damage Reduction, but this patch introduces ways to change that, and thus the keystone has to account for those.

No other mechanics are Damage Reduction. Resistances are not Damage Reduction. "x% reduced Damage taken" is not Damage Reduction (although the name of the mechanic is unfortunately similar).

I was thinking of the same post from mark as well. I misunderstood, I thought we'd still get the flat phys reduction stuff form E.Carges and Golems.

I wonder how good Transcendence + Divine Flesh would be then. We lose the armour benefit, but we still get the chaos golems providing us with some flat reduction for phys as well as a basalt flask.
"
I wonder how good Transcendence + Divine Flesh would be then. We lose the armour benefit, but we still get the chaos golems providing us with some flat reduction for phys as well as a basalt flask.

Yeah, I'm very interested in that but the mathematics of it are a little complicated! I think this build is positioned better than most to take advantage of it given the huge amount of PDR it has. Alas we will have to pick and choose between it and Divine Flesh though, because they're both on timeless jewels.

PS thank you for all your hard work on this thread - your experience was really valuable to me as I was putting my character together for this league!
Последняя редакция: cdnza. Время: 21 июня 2020 г., 1:36:09
"
cdnza написал:
"

Yeah, I'm very interested in that but the mathematics of it are a little complicated! I think this build is positioned better than most to take advantage of it given the huge amount of PDR it has. Alas we will have to pick and choose between it and Divine Flesh though, because they're both on timeless jewels.

PS thank you for all your hard work on this thread - your experience was really valuable to me as I was putting my character together for this league!

It would have been cool, but I forgot we can only use 1 timeless jewel. So no double corrupted keystones :(

And you're welcome :) this will probably be my second character. I was worried about cluster jewels, but they feel even more prevalent this league!
Hey guys.

I don't know much about crafting, but I was wondering about those cluster jewels. If I remember correctly, I have payed around 100c for each in Delirium.

Now I have checked market and I know it is soon into the league, but they are pretty expensive. So I was like .... ok, let me craft it then. But the added sockets is done by slamming exalts? How come I payed 100c before? Were most of them just random drops from the league?

Does it mean that the build just got 15 ex more expensive by default just for the cluster jewels? Or I'm reading it wrong and there is easier way?

Thanks a lot
"
PepoK написал:
Hey guys.

I don't know much about crafting, but I was wondering about those cluster jewels. If I remember correctly, I have payed around 100c for each in Delirium.

Now I have checked market and I know it is soon into the league, but they are pretty expensive. So I was like .... ok, let me craft it then. But the added sockets is done by slamming exalts? How come I payed 100c before? Were most of them just random drops from the league?

Does it mean that the build just got 15 ex more expensive by default just for the cluster jewels? Or I'm reading it wrong and there is easier way?

Thanks a lot

The chance of rolling 2x jewel sockets is a fraction of what it used to be.
With the cluster jewel changes, getting a pog 3 notable or even 2 notable jewel with 2 sockets will be tough. Budget build with Rotten Claws + 2 sockets x2 and renewal + 2 sockets x1 should still be not too hard to craft, but is obviously way less powerful.

Upgrading them is going to depend on how high level farmer crafts interact with cluster jewels though, I think.

Ive been so busy at league start, but I'd be curious what the order to getting notables in cluster jewels will be.

1. First Rotten Claws
2. Second Rotten Claws
3. Renewal?
4. ???

I'll try to POB it at some point; curious what others think though.

Ultimately, this may allow a ton of upgrades over the course of the league though (upgrading cluster jewels one at a time) so should be fun.

Edit: Just ran it in Craft of Exile. Getting a cluster jewel with 2 large sockets + rotten claws will take 319 alts + 19 augs. Obviously WAY worse then before, but doable to craft.

Double Edit: Actually, with a Lvl 75-83 cluster jewel, its only 210ish alts. So you DON'T want a top ilvl cluster jewel when you're crafting your first set of jewels.

Last Edit for now: Starting with a Magic Renewal + 2 socket cluster, then using Harvest crafts to add a rare physical mod gives you a 57% chance of adding Rotten Claws, if CoE is mathing correctly.
Последняя редакция: mort45954. Время: 21 июня 2020 г., 23:13:02
Yea, that seems like pretty big nerf to the build and moves it from low budget into higher bracket.

Looks like getting just the notables is not so bad, it gets very expensive when you try to add the sockets?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация