[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
tderr написал:
played around with power siphon/Barrage instead of Frenzy/Barrage/Power Charge on Crit. Loose the frenzy charges but gain Culling Strike. Seems like a wash. It also gains us an extra gem spot which could be useful. Seems like power charges generate faster but I ran out of time for testing until tomorrow night.

Sounds like a decent alternative if Culling Strike + Gem Slot is preffered.
Hey OP, thanks for the build. I have a quick question and a quick comment.

QUESTION: can you please explain why you keep frenzy at LVL1 and Barrage support at LVL3? I've never used either before. Reading the wiki pages on all of the gems linked in your boots, I can't discern the logic as the mana costs don't seem to increase as those gems level, nor do I find any CAST ON DAMAGE TAKEN-like conditions attached to any of the gems.

COMMENT: I am in the process of converting to this build and trying to match your gear has been hella expensive. It's not a big deal because it's just standard currency but man this thing is easily 200 exalts. Not a complaint but people should know that a build like this that can do all content is definitely not a budget build.

Thanks again!
"
michaeldzus написал:
Hey OP, thanks for the build. I have a quick question and a quick comment.

QUESTION: can you please explain why you keep frenzy at LVL1 and Barrage support at LVL3? I've never used either before. Reading the wiki pages on all of the gems linked in your boots, I can't discern the logic as the mana costs don't seem to increase as those gems level, nor do I find any CAST ON DAMAGE TAKEN-like conditions attached to any of the gems.

COMMENT: I am in the process of converting to this build and trying to match your gear has been hella expensive. It's not a big deal because it's just standard currency but man this thing is easily 200 exalts. Not a complaint but people should know that a build like this that can do all content is definitely not a budget build.

Thanks again!

We dont profit from leveling frenzy it will just start to require more dex. Also the base damage of the attack is not relevant we only use to trigger our Spellslinger/Wand setup.
Barrage support lvl 3 seemed to provide best triggering. Maybe im missing a few miliseconds in triggers with another level of barrage support but its very difficult to analyze.

And why are you looking for Cast on damage taken? Read on the gem Spellslinger and check my Wand benchcraft that trigger socketed gems.

About your comment: you dont need the expensive stuff to get the build rolling. No corrupted shavs, corrupted shield or bottled faith required. The helm enchant i got myself in lab and there is the alternative reduced mana enchant equally viable for Spellslinger. Hell you can start the build without an helm enchantment at all.

What you see in this guide is just more optimized (but not perfect) gear.

You can get this build rolling in league for like 20 ex.
The good thing is compared to other Spellslinger builds we still have big gains with big investment.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 мая 2020 г., 2:23:26
Thanks, I appreciate your quick reply. So I'm okay to take frenzy and barrage support to the max my dex will allows then? I know it's primarily a power charge generator and buff/debuff trigger but my min/max OCD wants to take them as high as they can go and I don't see any downside.

I have no doubt that a much cheaper version of this build is possible but you have to admit, while not perfect as you say, your gear is pretty damn impressive. That wand you use for example....there's simply nothing like it on standard atm although the league is a ghost town currently. The Shavs I'm using was 50ex alone. Cluster jewels are stupid expensive on standard right now (4-12 ex each). Again, not complaining. Just conveying my own experience in trying to match your gear. I'm probably only going to make it about 90% to where you're at :/
"
michaeldzus написал:
Thanks, I appreciate your quick reply. So I'm okay to take frenzy and barrage support to the max my dex will allows then? I know it's primarily a power charge generator and buff/debuff trigger but my min/max OCD wants to take them as high as they can go and I don't see any downside.

I have no doubt that a much cheaper version of this build is possible but you have to admit, while not perfect as you say, your gear is pretty damn impressive. That wand you use for example....there's simply nothing like it on standard atm although the league is a ghost town currently. The Shavs I'm using was 50ex alone. Cluster jewels are stupid expensive on standard right now (4-12 ex each). Again, not complaining. Just conveying my own experience in trying to match your gear. I'm probably only going to make it about 90% to where you're at :/

I can not guarantee that other levels of Barrage Support will perform equally well in triggering stuff you might check the attack time of the gem and try out yourself when leveling the gem and let us know about your experience.

Regarding my wand: i bought the base for like 7 ex when Spellslinger wasnt super well known in this particular form. The base had open prefix and open suffix. I metacrafted the wand and slammed t1 crit multi myself which was extremely lucky.
Essence crafting is also a possible alternative with 1+ gem (fire) level. This slightly beats t1 added spell damage.

Cluster Jewels costed around 1-2 ex in standard for the base. I chaosed the mods i need for myself. I even found an ES Cluster Jewel myself in Simulacrum.

And if you reach 90% of my gear you are already facerolling the game very hard there is no one telling you that you need to have my gears.

Its the optimization that costs a lot when going for the last 20% towards "as good as possible". Though the gains with this build when going for the last 20% are better than with other Spellslinger builds.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 мая 2020 г., 8:27:37
"
michaeldzus написал:

A possible reason to not want to level the gems (and keep wave of conviction low) is if you want to run phys reflect.
"
michaeldzus написал:

I know it's primarily a power charge generator and buff/debuff trigger but my min/max OCD wants to take them as high as they can go and I don't see any downside.

Nevermind my first comment about Barrage Support i thought for some reason the attack time increases per gem level lol. You are free to max those gems as much as you can.
Последняя редакция: zzang. Время: 19 мая 2020 г., 16:25:02
"
zzang написал:

Nevermind my first comment about Barrage Support i thought for some reason the attack time increases per gem level lol. You are free to max those gems as much as you can.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for confirming.

While I have you, I was reading through the thread a bit and I noticed you were having a discussion about cooldown recovery. You mentioned a CDR "breakpoint". Can you please explain why this is important for this build? What skills/passives/gear modifiers depend on this being sufficiently high enough and why exactly?

EDIT: Ok, I just read up on the Spellslinger gem and I can deduce that your are trying to reduce the 0.5 second cooldown but I am still curious about the "breakpoint" you are referring to. Need that explained a bit pls.
Последняя редакция: michaeldzus. Время: 19 мая 2020 г., 21:29:52
"
michaeldzus написал:
"
zzang написал:

Ok, good to know. Thanks for confirming.

While I have you, I was reading through the thread a bit and I noticed you were having a discussion about cooldown recovery. You mentioned a CDR "breakpoint". Can you please explain why this is important for this build? What skills/passives/gear modifiers depend on this being sufficiently high enough and why exactly?

EDIT: Ok, I just read up on the Spellslinger gem and I can deduce that your are trying to reduce the 0.5 second cooldown but I am still curious about the "breakpoint" you are referring to. Need that explained a bit pls.

I recommend to read the mechanics section of the guide.
Hi zzang, thank you for this build.
I am currently farming splinters from the delirium portal which need both great clear speed and able to kill the map end boss before the mists end.

I saw some of your videos with delirium orbs applied to maps but could you, please, show a T14 Tropical Island / Ramparts or T15 Lair to see if this build can farm splinters from the portal (not the orb that doesn't have timer) easily.

I saw that the movement speed seems slow, so is dash the best skill to move fast ?

Thank you

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация