[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

How does this build differ from a regular archmage cremation build e.g. using the helm from sirus?

I played it last league; tons of fun and dps, but i hated that I have to press 2 button rotation instead of just holding right click.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate написал:
How does this build differ from a regular archmage cremation build e.g. using the helm from sirus?

I played it last league; tons of fun and dps, but i hated that I have to press 2 button rotation instead of just holding right click.

Kitava's is for convenience. You can certainly use Inward Eye (as mentioned in the guide) but I like having my curse/wave of conviction spells proc more than once every 4 seconds. It makes it very easy to maintain debuffs, curses, and Ele Overload.

As for the two button approach, no way around it really. I mean you can put desecrate into the helmet, but you're still going to have to cast desecrate frequently. The good news is that you only need 1 cast of Desecrate to place all of your cremation geysers, so it's not a true "2 button" skill (like ED+Contagion is).

Overpowered skills have to have a downside. Casting Desecrate first is that for us. Lol.
I wonder if its worth to switch to the Sirus helmet. 21% more life and mana looks huge on this build (now I have around 7600 mana with still not optimised gear).

Does curse on ring work with cremation?
"
Asag написал:
I wonder if its worth to switch to the Sirus helmet. 21% more life and mana looks huge on this build (now I have around 7600 mana with still not optimised gear).

Does curse on ring work with cremation?

Crown of the Inward eye is *very* good for this build, yes. I have it in the gearing section of the guide for that reason. Hehe.

You just need to evaluate what you have to gain vs what you have to lose:

Crown gives:
-Life
-Damage (no need to anoint Crusader)
-Armour

Kitava's Gives:
Access to Triggered Utility Spells:
-Unnerve (Bladeblast) 10% Increased Damage Taken
-Curse Spam (Ele Weakness for damage) This can be supplemented with curse on hit ring or gloves, but will be slightly weaker.
-Wave of Conviction -25% Exposure on everything. This is far superior to putting it in the trigger wand as.
-Elemental Overload is active almost 100% of the time--which makes for a nice damage consistency.

-Easier access to helmet enchant as it is a unique that can be chanced

While, still not exactly cheap you can find Zealot Helmets with the enchant for fairly cheap if you're patient. Then the cost is either gambling with chances or the price of Trash to Treasure to get your helmet enchant, which is 33% more damage. All told this can cost 6ex-10ex depending on the market.

+1 Cremation Crown is 18ex right now and, if last league is any indicator, will very likely rise to 30-40ex as the league progresses.

This is what I used to kill Sirus 8 / Uber Elder / Shaper deathless. I didn't really care for the trigger from Kitava's Thirst helmet either and just threw in the Crown of Inward Eye I had lying around and put the blade blast / tempest shield in a CWDT setup. Everything was easy since this build is like playing a totem build without the risk of your totems dying to damage. IMO Crown > Kitava unless you have the +1 geyser on Kitava.

You do have to manually dodge and cannot tank telegraphed slams (especially sirus's DIE beam or his small meteor storm which has admittedly killed me more than anything else).

Only thing I would try to do now is switch annoint to Arcane Swiftness, fit in a large cluster jewel (more damage but less eHP), and / or fit in more chaos resistance... or find a way to fit Headhunter into the build (although I think HH doesn't really benefit us)
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
dejuvenate написал:

Kitava's is for convenience. You can certainly use Inward Eye (as mentioned in the guide) but I like having my curse/wave of conviction spells proc more than once every 4 seconds. It makes it very easy to maintain debuffs, curses, and Ele Overload.

As for the two button approach, no way around it really. I mean you can put desecrate into the helmet, but you're still going to have to cast desecrate frequently. The good news is that you only need 1 cast of Desecrate to place all of your cremation geysers, so it's not a true "2 button" skill (like ED+Contagion is).

Overpowered skills have to have a downside. Casting Desecrate first is that for us. Lol.

Thank you Gryph, still looking around as I played archmage cremation to the death last league. Kinda missed harvest crafting tho. So hard to compete haha
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate написал:

Thank you Gryph, still looking around as I played archmage cremation to the death last league. Kinda missed harvest crafting tho. So hard to compete haha

Yeah I ended up starting CoC toon because I wanted to do something different after I got the Cremator going. Harvest honestly bored me a lot after a short while. The crafting was *too* good. hehe
Is the +5 mana from alira not worth 2 skill pts?
"
buttcommander написал:
Is the +5 mana from alira not worth 2 skill pts?

not even a little. :P

For perspective:

Let's say you have 10,000 mana...

Base Mana Regen is 0.5%
Essence Glutton is 2%
Cloak of Defiance is 1%
Pure Talent (should you use it) is another 0.5%

4% of max mana as base regen.

That is a base mana regen of 400/s. Alira adds 5 to that.

Completely different story if you're going for the crit version though as the crit multi is nice and together with the 15% all res would be worth the 2 points.
“Fixed a bug which could cause Cremation to sometimes deal no damage.”

No wonder I feel my dmg is underwhelming recently,....

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация