Stress-Free PoE! ANIMATED POISON (AW): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

Hello,

I'm trying the build and until now I like really a lot. Just a couple of observation:

since our damage is mainly from poison what need we have to level ethereal knives or bledefall gem? Using lvl 1 gem would save a bit of dexterity needed for the build and for me it's working fine.

I was thinking to use summon phantasm as support... would the phantasm get the poison and lesser poison support? that would add some more free minion that poison for us!
"
Ciffo написал:
Скрытый текст
Hello,

I'm trying the build and until now I like really a lot. Just a couple of observation:

since our damage is mainly from poison what need we have to level ethereal knives or bledefall gem? Using lvl 1 gem would save a bit of dexterity needed for the build and for me it's working fine.

I was thinking to use summon phantasm as support... would the phantasm get the poison and lesser poison support? that would add some more free minion that poison for us!

You don't have to level Bladefall, extra damage can be nice though not a must.

That's a neat idea for Phantasms, would have to check them in PoB to see if that'd work. Will check it next chance i get!

Edit: Checked PoB and they should poison as well. Will try it next time i get a chance to play PoE.

One of the biggest problems with a minion poison build is that they dont benefit from our DoT Multiplier damage increases to the best of my knowledge. It's why most of the time you see builds such as WoD's Zombie build or the Phys/Cold AW builds.

Which is one of the main reasons i suggested any new players go for the minion/physical damage increase gems first. You get a lot more out of them, even once you get 100% ppoison chance, I've noticed AW's become a lot smoother with lets say Minion Damage Support vs Deadly Ailments. This build is tryign to be a death by 1000 cuts but to be honest, I think it works better with a death by 100 cuts as the harder hitting AW's will also Poison for more damage.

Doesn't really matter if you have 3 Stacks of poison at at 1k damage per stack if you get your AW's to hit hard enough to get each hit to poison for 3k or more damage any ways which we should be able to do via increased minion damage/physical damage gems.

Could be wrong but so far with my own testing of Unbound Ailments and Deadly Ailments vs Minion Damage and Multistrike, Minion Damage and Multistrike work a lot smoother for killing things, Especially as Multistrike's extra hits can trigger poisons too.
Последняя редакция: Guru1619. Время: 17 окт. 2020 г., 8:04:25
Скрытый текст
"
Guru1619 написал:
"
Ciffo написал:
Скрытый текст
Hello,

That's a neat idea for Phantasms, would have to check them in PoB to see if that'd work. Will check it next chance i get!

Edit: Checked PoB and they should poison as well. Will try it next time i get a chance to play PoE.

One of the biggest problems with a minion poison build is that they dont benefit from our DoT Multiplier damage increases to the best of my knowledge. It's why most of the time you see builds such as WoD's Zombie build or the Phys/Cold AW builds.

Which is one of the main reasons i suggested any new players go for the minion/physical damage increase gems first. You get a lot more out of them, even once you get 100% ppoison chance, I've noticed AW's become a lot smoother with lets say Minion Damage Support vs Deadly Ailments. This build is tryign to be a death by 1000 cuts but to be honest, I think it works better with a death by 100 cuts as the harder hitting AW's will also Poison for more damage.

Doesn't really matter if you have 3 Stacks of poison at at 1k damage per stack if you get your AW's to hit hard enough to get each hit to poison for 3k or more damage any ways which we should be able to do via increased minion damage/physical damage gems.

Could be wrong but so far with my own testing of Unbound Ailments and Deadly Ailments vs Minion Damage and Multistrike, Minion Damage and Multistrike work a lot smoother for killing things, Especially as Multistrike's extra hits can trigger poisons too.
Hey Ciffo!

Guru1619 Got you covered nicely there. I like Ethereal Knives cause it has a more accommodating attribute requirement but Bladefall hits more people with Culling Strike. The more the gems level the more blades are left on the ground but if you're not running out of blades with level 1 gems, there's not need to level them.

So I'll comment about poison stuff to both of you.

Any physical hit can poison. Poison takes a portion of the hit's physical damage and applies it as poison damage (chaos damage over time). So any physical hit (which includes Phantasms) can poison.

You basically have three options with poison:
1 - Hit hard for a really big but infrequent poison
2 - Hit softer but fast for many poison stacks
3 - A moderate investment of one of the above but focus on poison duration.

-Adding Phatansms added WAY MORE hits to poison an enemy but both the Phantasms and AW are hitting for less damage. We're also spreading out the damage even more. BUT the global damage may be way higher.
-Multistrike and melee splash are awesome additions to the build. With the default setup, focusing on poison duration ended up doing more damage to an enemy (long term) than multistrike, but sometimes it's nice to not have to wait for the 4-second build-up. Then, Multistrike would win, doing more damage at the beginning of a fight but less over time. Melee Splash is really good for clearing and a total preference point. For some, Profane Bloom is enough for clearing (the 25% chance to explode), others, not so much. Fortify or Melee Physical would be good gem swaps for a boss in that case.

At the end of the day, there isn't really a wrong choice. It's just choosing where you want your damage. If the build takes too long to clear or you don't like the build-up, going for more immediate damage is best.

But here's the math you can do on your own as PoB doesn't really do it for us. Under Calcs in PoB (makes sure your AW stats are selected), go to the orange Poison box. The Poison DPS isn't actually DPS, it's Poison Per Hit as there is no Attack Speed value calculated there. PoB Deals with Duration first, so you have to imagine these numbers as if you have the max amount of hits out at the peak of all poison durations. So that's health with in the Dmg. per Poison part. Attaack speed comes into play for the Max Stacks section.

So technically we should be getting (from the Pastebin in the guide):

3159.4: Poison DPS (poison per hit)
x
4.8: Attack Speed
x
4.32: Duration
= 65513.3184 per weapon
x
14 weapons
=917186.458 Global damage without items. I think that's right. Where the 94739.1 DPS comes from on the left of PoB, I have no idea. But it's accurate then it's more damage than what I came up with. (I guess it includes the physical damage too.)

ANYWAY, now you can take your gem changes and apply the new numbers to this (which I'm sure you were already doing) and see how it goes. Obviously check twice for Phantasms and good luck with Multistrike. That's displayed oddly in PoB.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thank you for the build. No constructive feedback other than removing arcanist brand and purifying flame in favour of flame dash and convocation but this has already been covered. Really enjoying it, thank you for your hard work Wrecker.
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
Скрытый текст
Скрытый текст
"
Guru1619 написал:
"
Ciffo написал:
Скрытый текст
Hello,

Hey Ciffo!

Guru1619 Got you covered nicely there. I like Ethereal Knives cause it has a more accommodating attribute requirement but Bladefall hits more people with Culling Strike. The more the gems level the more blades are left on the ground but if you're not running out of blades with level 1 gems, there's not need to level them.

So I'll comment about poison stuff to both of you.

Any physical hit can poison. Poison takes a portion of the hit's physical damage and applies it as poison damage (chaos damage over time). So any physical hit (which includes Phantasms) can poison.

You basically have three options with poison:
1 - Hit hard for a really big but infrequent poison
2 - Hit softer but fast for many poison stacks
3 - A moderate investment of one of the above but focus on poison duration.

-Adding Phatansms added WAY MORE hits to poison an enemy but both the Phantasms and AW are hitting for less damage. We're also spreading out the damage even more. BUT the global damage may be way higher.
-Multistrike and melee splash are awesome additions to the build. With the default setup, focusing on poison duration ended up doing more damage to an enemy (long term) than multistrike, but sometimes it's nice to not have to wait for the 4-second build-up. Then, Multistrike would win, doing more damage at the beginning of a fight but less over time. Melee Splash is really good for clearing and a total preference point. For some, Profane Bloom is enough for clearing (the 25% chance to explode), others, not so much. Fortify or Melee Physical would be good gem swaps for a boss in that case.

At the end of the day, there isn't really a wrong choice. It's just choosing where you want your damage. If the build takes too long to clear or you don't like the build-up, going for more immediate damage is best.

But here's the math you can do on your own as PoB doesn't really do it for us. Under Calcs in PoB (makes sure your AW stats are selected), go to the orange Poison box. The Poison DPS isn't actually DPS, it's Poison Per Hit as there is no Attack Speed value calculated there. PoB Deals with Duration first, so you have to imagine these numbers as if you have the max amount of hits out at the peak of all poison durations. So that's health with in the Dmg. per Poison part. Attaack speed comes into play for the Max Stacks section.

So technically we should be getting (from the Pastebin in the guide):

3159.4: Poison DPS (poison per hit)
x
4.8: Attack Speed
x
4.32: Duration
= 65513.3184 per weapon
x
14 weapons
=917186.458 Global damage without items. I think that's right. Where the 94739.1 DPS comes from on the left of PoB, I have no idea. But it's accurate then it's more damage than what I came up with. (I guess it includes the physical damage too.)

ANYWAY, now you can take your gem changes and apply the new numbers to this (which I'm sure you were already doing) and see how it goes. Obviously check twice for Phantasms and good luck with Multistrike. That's displayed oddly in PoB.

Yea, it's pretty much personal preference in the end until you get to maps and bossing where you will actually see the longer lasting DoT's making a much bigger difference.

IF you decide to stick with the guide, I'd really recommend trying out Vile Toxins over Deadly Ailments. more overall poison damage + harder hitting AW's!

Have been trying out Phantasms and i gotta admit I'm liking them a lot. They kind of act like meatshield zombies with out needing a zombie setup so can use convocation less or only as needed to pull em across gaps/through narrow halls such as Lunaris Temple level 2 and such.
is this capable of sirus a8?
https://pastebin.com/PjQzfL5n the current build and setup so far, mostly lacking lightning rest and of course chaos res. Working my way to A10 Kitava so that's the main reason I haven't gotten max resists if ur looking at the PoB as it's pre a10 kitava and i haven't feel like really hunting for the end game resists yet.

Think i need to really start focusing on life nodes as it's really starting to feel a bit like a glass canon. Mostly from projectile mobs and the occasional melee mob jumping my char.

Unbound Ailments can be swapped with any other support gem you want really as long as it's under the 120% Mana Multiplier, any 130% and above will pretty much always reserver too much mana to then also run Bladefall, Curse skill and spellslinger.

Currently using a Vixens Entrapment in order to get Enfeeble and Despair, the 4th curse is really optional, I keep swapping between Vulnerability and Punishment. Wanted to run a Poacher's Markf or the -physical damage, but then i saw they changed them to only apply to 1 enemy and you can only have 1 enemy marked at a time (if I am reading it correctly) so that became a futile idea.

Pretty smooth running besides that though. Did try a shield charge curse on hit setup in fortify boots. Feels nowhere near as smooth as it used to so went back to the above.

Anyone have some defensive spectre recommendations? Currently running the Stygian Silverback and Host chieftan for charges. Not seen any of them for Endurance charges...
I am trying this build, and changed to it from another build at level 90. Have all the gems linked and resistance capped, but in maps tier 15 I die almost instantly every time. Don´t know what I do wrong.
Followed the guide and setup, but die very quick every time in tier 14 etc..
"
Canteu написал:
Скрытый текст
Thank you for the build. No constructive feedback other than removing arcanist brand and purifying flame in favour of flame dash and convocation but this has already been covered. Really enjoying it, thank you for your hard work Wrecker.
Awesome Canteu!

Thanks for the kind note. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know you're enjoying it. Thank you. I'm glad you're having fun.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Guru1619 написал:
Скрытый текст
Yea, it's pretty much personal preference in the end until you get to maps and bossing where you will actually see the longer lasting DoT's making a much bigger difference.

IF you decide to stick with the guide, I'd really recommend trying out Vile Toxins over Deadly Ailments. more overall poison damage + harder hitting AW's!

Have been trying out Phantasms and i gotta admit I'm liking them a lot. They kind of act like meatshield zombies with out needing a zombie setup so can use convocation less or only as needed to pull em across gaps/through narrow halls such as Lunaris Temple level 2 and such.
I hear you Guru1619!

Good points. And it's really hard playing without Phantasms hey? It's a really good replacement if someone is up for it. So fun.

Annnnnd

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация