[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
Zunr написал:
"
warxtreme написал:
https://pastebin.com/3BJbdLTK

I think this is as far as I can push the build though I'm not sure if the calculations are correct on PoB.

If anyone can think of anything else to improve here lmk!

I would try to get a ring with flammability on hit, to free up two gem slots in your storm brand link.
It also seems like you don't have any source of endurance charges so I would switch out immortal call for steelskin, and put it on left click to free another gem slot.

The extra gem slots in your storm brand link you can use for combustion (big dps increase), and some support gems (like culling / onslaught).

Also the singular focus node (increases effect of infusion and channeling damage) is in range of your thread of hope, so you can get that node (instead of a small node in your bottom left medium cluster jewel for instance).

Amazing!
Thanks for the tip.
Zunr's points are very well made, I'd follow them to the letter. A couple more issues:

1. De-link your Flame Golem from the CwDT setup - you don't want it resummoned every time you're damaged and take the place of actually useful golems.

2. If you're having mana problems, I'd spec into Tireless cluster; this should allow you to annoint Burning Brutality which is immensely powerful, even for non-attack builds, in addition to increasing your overall EHP pool.

3. As it is, I'm not sure Corrupted Soul is of any use in your build, save for some random cases of one-shots. You have no ES regen, leech or recovery to speak of. The solution can be found in the Cinderswallow flask, which not only grants you much needed sustain but also boosts your damage significantly. Then, I'd swap out Brush with Death notable for something more useful, such as Blowback, Wasting Affliction or Burning Bright.

4. Also, why a wand? Scepters offer exactly the same specs, but have actually useful implicits - spell damage does nothing for ignite builds.
Последняя редакция: Trikzter. Время: 17 февр. 2021 г., 18:37:32
"
warxtreme написал:

I think this is as far as I can push the build though I'm not sure if the calculations are correct on PoB.

How do you even get an amulet like that? It's so sick
"
Valley52 написал:
"
warxtreme написал:

How do you even get an amulet like that? It's so sick

I actually picked up the +1/+1 from market for about 8ex and then crafted the rest! Got pretty lucky.

"
Trikzter написал:
Zunr's points are very well made, I'd follow them to the letter. A couple more issues:

1. De-link your Flame Golem from the CwDT setup - you don't want it resummoned every time you're damaged and take the place of actually useful golems.

2. If you're having mana problems, I'd spec into Tireless cluster; this should allow you to annoint Burning Brutality which is immensely powerful, even for non-attack builds, in addition to increasing your overall EHP pool.

3. As it is, I'm not sure Corrupted Soul is of any use in your build, save for some random cases of one-shots. You have no ES regen, leech or recovery to speak of. The solution can be found in the Cinderswallow flask, which not only grants you much needed sustain but also boosts your damage significantly. Then, I'd swap out Brush with Death notable for something more useful, such as Blowback, Wasting Affliction or Burning Bright.

4. Also, why a wand? Scepters offer exactly the same specs, but have actually useful implicits - spell damage does nothing for ignite builds.

I'll keep those in mind as well. I was going to pick up a sceptre at some point but nothing affordable on market as of right now for myself.
Thanks a bunch!

"
Trikzter написал:
"
Aziello написал:
Trikzter, how should one check if exposure is better option then shock?

Im running Storm Brand with Crit Strike and Hextouch, to apply Flammability and shock, since it got like 18% crit chance. I can switch to Wave setup, but im not sure if it should benefit my dps.

You have touched on several issues:

1. By default, Shock applied by non-hit-based lightning builds is very weak and negligible, and shouldn't even be a consideration at all (from the wiki: "Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded"; you're most probably dealing so little lightning damage that shock has no effect in the first place). It would be a different matter altogether, however, had you taken the Shaper of Storms notable, which overrides the minimum effect of shock, but I don't think this alone justifies the opportunity cost.

2. Exposure, on the other hand, is easily available to almost all ignite builds as it comes from multiple sources, such as Wave of Conviction, Scorching Ray or cluster jewels, and is an immensely powerful mechanic from the get-go as it achieves its full effect with no further investment. Also, Wave of Conviction can be linked with Combustion - this combination will reduce enemies' fire resistance by as much as 44%. To say this is a lot would be an understatement. However, you have to make sure Wave of Conviction deals mainly fire damage; otherwise, lightning exposure would be applied, which is of no benefit to you.

3. Your Storm Brand setup is very reasonable as most ignite builds do not have a lot of crit chance, and Increased Critical Chance support on Storm Brand is of substantial help in having a reliable uptime of Elemental Overload.

4. What I would do in your situation is:
(i) get rid of Meat Shield support - golems that died will be automatically resummoned, so this isn't really necessary or that useful (this saves 1 socket)
(ii) invest in Flammability on hit ring - these should not be that pricey (this saves 2 sockets);
(iii) use Steelskin on left click instead of in CwDT setup (another socket saved);
(iii) now that we have 4 free sockets, we can go for two separate setups - Wave of Conviction + Combustion + Added Fire Damage (in boots) and Storm Brand + Inc Crit Strikes (in scepter).
This is merely a suggestion though. :)

wait can you not run both shock and exposure?

I thought those were stackable!
"
Ryulightorb написал:

wait can you not run both shock and exposure?

I thought those were stackable!

There is nothing preventing you from applying exposure and shock at the same time. However, since ignite builds ordinarily do not deal a lot of lightning damage, the resulting shock will be miniscule, unless there is some effect in play changing how shock works (such as Shaper of Storms, Skitterbots or Cold Conduction). From what I can see, you've taken Shaper of Storms in your build and are applying exposure via WoC - this works perfectly well and is a very good idea if you're lacking damage/defenses are not your main consideration.
First of all, I wanna thank you Trikzter for being so dedicated to the build and this thread and helping people out!

I've followed advice on looking up Divine Ire players on poe.ninja, found one build that I really liked... and it later turned out it was your character!

Anyway, I've respecced my build a lot, went full into golems and got another cluster jewel setup. Feels like a lot more damage and tankyness now.

https://pastebin.com/GRypGQgW
Последняя редакция: Valley52. Время: 18 февр. 2021 г., 18:15:04
"
You use it - preferably - before Divine Ire. Exposure lasts 4 seconds, so you have this much time to charge up and cast the DI beam. Another option is automating the entire process by way of the "Cast socketed Spells when you use a Skill" craft.

Ok, I must be dense. I had thought that doing direct fire damage with an ignite build nerfed your damage when you are running EE (which I am). So if I cast wave of conviction, won't the enemy get a temporary increased resistance to fire, negating the lowered resistance from exposure? Would I just want to drop EE then?

Edit: Ok, I went and re-read about EE. So then in the case of Divine Ire, the lightning would overwrite the fire and they would regain their lowered resistance to fire, right? Well damn, in that case I guess I need to drop Shaper of storms and grab Mastermind of Discord.

However, does the exposure effect the full duration of the ignite?
Последняя редакция: Fun_Hat. Время: 19 февр. 2021 г., 0:07:29
"
Valley52 написал:
First of all, I wanna thank you Trikzter for being so dedicated to the build and this thread and helping people out!

I've followed advice on looking up Divine Ire players on poe.ninja, found one build that I really liked... and it later turned out it was your character!

Anyway, I've respecced my build a lot, went full into golems and got another cluster jewel setup. Feels like a lot more damage and tankyness now.

You are most welcome, it's been a pleasure. :) Your build is looking very good, glad you're having fun.

"
Fun_Hat написал:
Edit: Ok, I went and re-read about EE. So then in the case of Divine Ire, the lightning would overwrite the fire and they would regain their lowered resistance to fire, right? Well damn, in that case I guess I need to drop Shaper of storms and grab Mastermind of Discord.

That's exactly right! IMO Shock Ascendancy might be more useful in some fringe cases (like using Inpulsa without Storm's Gift), but most of the time you'd be better off taking Mastermind of Discord.

No, exposure and ignite are two separate effects, and their duration scales a bit differently and is calculated separately. Base duration of exposure from Wave of Conviction is 4 seconds and can be increased by, for example, alt quality (Divergent), gem levels and relevant nodes on the tree (like Potency of Will). AFAIK there is no visual indication of whether exposure has been applied to an enemy so you need to cast WoC every 5 seconds or so to take advantage of the massive resistance reduction from Mastermind of Discord.

Ignite, on the other hand, has its own duration - 4 seconds as well, but it's modified by ignite or ailment duration stats (such as those found on Unbound Ailments or Swift Affliction) and remains unaffected by skill effect duration.

These two effects persist on an enemy until they run their course (i.e. their duration has expired), and need to be applied anew for a new duration, and so on. So there might be a window when an enemy is ignited and not exposed or exposed and not ignited.
"
Trikzter написал:
"
Valley52 написал:

You are most welcome, it's been a pleasure. :) Your build is looking very good, glad you're having fun.

"
Fun_Hat написал:

That's exactly right! IMO Shock Ascendancy might be more useful in some fringe cases (like using Inpulsa without Storm's Gift), but most of the time you'd be better off taking Mastermind of Discord.

No, exposure and ignite are two separate effects, and their duration scales a bit differently and is calculated separately. Base duration of exposure from Wave of Conviction is 4 seconds and can be increased by, for example, alt quality (Divergent), gem levels and relevant nodes on the tree (like Potency of Will). AFAIK there is no visual indication of whether exposure has been applied to an enemy so you need to cast WoC every 5 seconds or so to take advantage of the massive resistance reduction from Mastermind of Discord.

Ignite, on the other hand, has its own duration - 4 seconds as well, but it's modified by ignite or ailment duration stats (such as those found on Unbound Ailments or Swift Affliction) and remains unaffected by skill effect duration.

These two effects persist on an enemy until they run their course (i.e. their duration has expired), and need to be applied anew for a new duration, and so on. So there might be a window when an enemy is ignited and not exposed or exposed and not ignited.

Ok, that makes sense. I was curious though, I looked at your tree and noticed that you didn't take EE. Why is that? Does it have to do with you running Blackflame?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация