[3.17] The Frozen Garden - Elementalist Permafreeze Arc Mines (3.17 partial, recommend self cast)

"
SpontaneousCombustion написал:

What I can't understand is if the jewels in the guide actually need to have the same skill more than once or if the OP's just happen to be that way.

As the other guy said, you're stacking the effects. This is only important for overshock and astonishing affliction really, which help you ramp up shock effect (for massive damage bonus) and freeze on things.

Must haves:

1x Cold Conduction - Enables your 'chilling arc' to shock. Shock was disabled by helmet, so thus this one. Not needed if you're using the chest option I think.
1x Blast Freeze - spreads freeze in packs
2x Overshock - stack shock, 30% inc damage
2x Astonishing Affliction - longer afflictions, 20% inc damage
1x Disorienting Display - blind, 20% inc damage

Good to have:
1x Vengeful Commander - better wrath aura
1x Prismatic Heart - resists, 30% inc damage
1x Fettle - only comes on small life jewel, it's more life for survival. I think it's a cherry on top of OPs build to help with survival. Not a priority. You won't have the passives to support it until ~level 93-ish.

My pick on large:
Storm Drinker - 8% lightning penetration (and leech that doesn't work with mines)

I didn't think the jewels were overly expensive, at least relative to clusters for most great builds. I spent 2 ex for my large jewel, and like 20-30c for my mediums. I didn't get prismatic heart on my large... I got storm drinker instead, for 8% lightning penetration, which is worth a lot more than 20% inc damage. Storm drinker is probably what made the large so expensive. I say put the money into clusters first... after the essential uniques anyway. 5-link on tremor will get you through yellow maps. Those clusters really make the build.

Once you get all the jewels in place, that's when the build really starts hitting its stride. I'm still messing around in T12-T14 maps, but I'm finding ultimatums are actually...EASY. I just move in a circle, stutter stepping mines and chugging flasks. Everything freezes and I rarely get hit. My gear outside of the clusters is mediocre because I put my money there first, but I feel I made the right choice.
Thanks both for the responses, I understand how it works now.

As a casual noob, I probably have a slightly different view as to what's "a lot" in currency! :)

I really wanted to try a mine build for delving, which I enjoy a lot - it seems to satisfy my "inner troglodyte" (but it's annoying to have to keep getting sulphite so currency is important if I want to keep buying scarabs as well as the expensive gear).
Absolutely loving the build! I am currently using Three Dragon. Would switching to expedition's end be an upgrade? Which helmet should I get to go with it?

Currently using a chest almost identical with OP's.
"
Absolutely loving the build! I am currently using Three Dragon. Would switching to expedition's end be an upgrade? Which helmet should I get to go with it?

Currently using a chest almost identical with OP's.

If you have that kind of chest, stick with it. Expedition's End is OK, but not better than that imo.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Hi! I love this miner build. But me and my friend both go with your build and we both have +- same gear, AND we both get oneshoted pretty frequently(like every 15-20 mins). Can You pls check my gear and say what we are missing? I will really appreciate it
Hey :) So is just copied your pob and added my skilltree/gems and in the Calcs my "Chill Effect Mod" is 0% and my Shock Effect has no "Shaper of Storms" and no "Arc". Do you know how to make pob calculate it?
"
NITRAY написал:
Hey :) So is just copied your pob and added my skilltree/gems and in the Calcs my "Chill Effect Mod" is 0% and my Shock Effect has no "Shaper of Storms" and no "Arc". Do you know how to make pob calculate it?

You really don't Chill, though. You need some flat NON-LIGHTNING damage on some piece of gear/jewel to Chill, even with the Cold Conduction.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
"
You really don't Chill, though. You need some flat NON-LIGHTNING damage on some piece of gear/jewel to Chill, even with the Cold Conduction.

I have 16 to 24 Added Spell Fire Damage while wielding a Tow Handed on a jewel, so this should be enough right?
"
NITRAY написал:
"

I have 16 to 24 Added Spell Fire Damage while wielding a Tow Handed on a jewel, so this should be enough right?

Didn't notice that. If you have Cold Conduction it should work. If it doesn't, look at the text I added to my helmet in the POB to force it to work.

Последняя редакция: CantripN. Время: 11 мая 2021 г., 17:49:07
I'm diving into maps with less than sufficient defences (as I often do) and the build is still working pretty well :D

PoB also doesn't seem so say that I can chill, though I do have Cold Conduction and the Added Spell Fire Damage while wielding a Two Handed Weapon on a jewel as well... but eh, it should work so who needs PoB to show it.

I don't really know what to do with passive points since I'm more or less finished with the tree, unless I buy more cluster jewels with the desired mods.

I also really suck at figuring what to upgrade and how, especially since I'm never very loaded on chaos or anything. I just got some cheap chest that basically just has a bunch of life, but I think I can't really afford any gear with the desired stats as per the stats guide in the OP.

This is what I got right now https://pastebin.com/qdPRuPhv (or check character DBㆍTriesㆍMines in my account)

Not using Arcanist Brand yet... I really need to figure out my sockets tbh.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация