[3.17]⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Occultist⚡ 5M+ DPS Leaguestart | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
Anubizzz написал:
how good does the build do Ultimatums?
Loved Stormbrand last league but died a lot.

It's working fine, bit scary without gear in maps. When you start freezing everything reliably and scaling DPS they get a lot easier.

The guardian version of the build is tankier if you prefer safety!
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
So, little update on my personal progress :

Did some T9 maps yesterday with my life gear ( didnt upgrade a single piece since lvl 70). Still capable of finishing most ultimatums (in combination with beyond gets nasty fast) and i rarely die.

So i can only imagine what it will be after transition to LL.

i could afford all the neccessary uniques, but i just dont wanna pay these prices, so ill grind some more and wait till the prices drop.

Having fun so far :)
I might have missed something but i dont see anything on your gear/tree that prevents you from being frozen. How do you deal with it?
His 5th flask is an "of Heat"
edit - Also, he has "Frigid Wake" in his Ascendancy

So far I am just in the low tier maps, I haven't unlocked the atlas that far yet.
With the life version I am having a lot of fun however.
It has some challenges and can be overrun, but there are ways to mitigate most of those problems.

Levelling, I used a Thirst for Horrors shield, 1% damage stolen as life from cursed enemies. From level 38 onward, with HoT-Hextouch-double Curse setup, It was easy to complete all Ultimatums until maps.

Try to get the lab enchant for damage leeched as life on your boots. Mine is still 0.4%, but it helps.

Get an Atziri's Promise flask - I really should get one myself...

I had some sockets unused, and use a "CWDT-Bladefall-Life gain on hit" setup,
which tops the health globe off, unless I really mess things up.

At going into maps, I had some troubles after swapping shields. What helped me was 2 jewels. One with "You cannot be hindered" which negates at least 2 of the Ultimatum choices, and one with "5% chance to Hinder enemies on hit with spells", which makes kiting a lot easier. If it isn't frozen, it's at least slowed.
(even better with a Divergent Storm Brand, which I am still levelling)

Apart from that, choosing the right modifiers for the build you are playing helps. My favourites are the choking miasma, both Ruin ones, and ofc the Hinder Flask and Restless Ground since those last two don't do anything because of the "cannot be hindered" jewel.
Why these modifiers ? We're no tanks, so we need to kite.
And those clouds & Ruin monsters are easily avoided, unless the Ultimatum altar is in a really nasty spot, crammed inbetween some small rooms, narrow doorways etc.

So far the damage is insane, and I am really enjoying myself playing Storm Brand again.
Thank you Velyna for the guide!
Последняя редакция: Pipoo4321. Время: 23 апр. 2021 г., 6:27:05
So, i just transitioned to LL, invested around 7ex, so its subpar-items with much potential for upgrades. Also i "downgraded" from 6link tabula to 5link shavs.

And i gotta say, the difference in dmg is exceptional, even with lvl 1 gems.

Im curious how this build will hold up in red maps, stay tuned :D

Последняя редакция: Marthuk. Время: 23 апр. 2021 г., 12:26:59
Hi, im actually rerolling for this build, but how do you proc Assasin's mark in the LL version ? Because Wave of conviction didn't trigger it, so you self cast it ?
Wave doesn't trigger it at all. It's another spell that gets triggered when you cast something else.

Any time you cast something (a brand, flame dash, brand recall, even portal I guess) your trigger wand will try to cast one of the spells socketed into it. It will cast them in the order they're socketed in. So to proc wave and mark you'd have to cast two other spells in total. Obviously, after the patch each will get put on cooldown for 8s so it also has to be off cooldown to be cast now.

Since it's a mark, it can only be on one target at once. It's tough to see the symbol in a crowd. And since the 8s cd can be tough to lose track of it's easy to accidentally cast it on nothing.

You can self-cast if it suits you. It's what I do. I generate power charges from my cluster so it's only beneficial on bosses for me. Try both ways and see what feels good to you.
Here is my current gear, playing on maps is easy, but bosses like conquerors... dps suck. On awakened lvl 5 fight with Veritania took me about 4 minutes.
"
qbatronix написал:
Here is my current gear, playing on maps is easy, but bosses like conquerors... dps suck. On awakened lvl 5 fight with Veritania took me about 4 minutes.

Anoint and flasks are a potential DPS increase.

Also weapon can be easily upgraded for BIG damage.

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
So after running some red maps i made a few changes...

I dont take lightning golem, i put in frost wall instead, so i dont get overrun in rituals by all the minions.

Also i run Cluster Jewel with "Stormrider" to generate Power charges.

Still looking for ways to improve survivability, any suggestions?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация