Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'm having trouble understanding how penetration is better than adding elemental damage. I understand the concept, but when I try to input the items/data into POB I get conflicting results. It seems in most cases it is better to use add damage rather than penetration. I don't know if I am setting up POB wrong or what? I have adjusted all gems to level 20, and in configuration I have changed to the boss options and even manually adjusted the enemy lightning resistance. It seems that right around 65-68 resistance is the break even point where they both do about the same damage. Less than 65 adding damage is better, and above 65 penetration is better. Same goes for when you adjust for a boss and lower the additional resistance until the boss caps at the max of 75. The break even point is around 65-70 there.

Am I not setting POB up correctly or what? I have tested this with the provided completed POB pastebin and with my imported currently level 40 character and I get roughly the same results.

Has this changed in the most recent patch and adding is better now?
Hi,

New to the game and been following the guide and it has really helped, quick question if I may though....

I am running Heartbreaker, what is the effective level to remove this, I have a similar rare dagger to the other one I am using and was wondering if that would be better for my dps ( I realise that they are not the best but thinking may be better with the two rares ).

All help appreciated.

M
"
tgstudio написал:
2ex;) There is only one left on entire league when i last checked:) Probably it's worth a little more now;)

Just managed to negotiate with a guy to get one for 1.7ex
cant wait to finish lvling up my lightnign spire supports, shame ill lose out on the qual ive got on them but worth i think
So... has anyone managed to equip Inpulsa, Mark, Diadem, Elder Hungry Loop AND Kaom's Roots while maintaining capped resistances?

I've already spent a bit of currency to achieve capped resistances with just Inpulsa, Mark and Diadem...
Последняя редакция: Quickcatobackup. Время: 26 марта 2019 г., 15:03:55
"
woefulwabbit написал:
So... has anyone managed to equip Inpulsa, Mark, Diadem, Elder Hungry Loop AND Kaom's Roots while maintaining capped resistances?

I've already spent a bit of currency to achieve capped resistances with just Inpulsa, Mark and Diadem...

Youd need res on jewels and max res on gloves/boots, not sure its worth running all of them
dropping kaoms and going for the close to max res on gloves belt and boots shld get to 109% to protect from ele weakness curse
"
I also would like to know if its possible to kill uber elder etc with this build ? cause i've spent already like 10ex trying different version ( without inpulsa ) but with the gear i linked, and well the dps is reaaaaly low for Normal Elder, and the survability, even while running cerberus limb and lioneye's remorse is not that great, even with like 6.5k life.

Скрытый текст

So unless you have those crazy crafted dagger with extra chaos damage etc that are worth like 10-12ex, i dont think it's possible to do the really high end content, the build is not strong enough.

Thats 'all the gear / setup i tried to mix but it always end up with low dps and low survability.

So the build is great for beginers etc, but if you want to do high end content, you have to spend around 50ex, to get inpulsa 6 link, awesome daggers, crazy jewels etc, otherwise, you dont get enough dps / survability.

Great and funny build tho ! but ill do another one or just respec totally to something more powerfull to deal with uber elder etc !

So all the gear you see is for sell if anyone is intersted !
Скрытый текст

just interested, whats your tooltip dps on arc?
Hi, I'm a brand new player, been at it about a week and I have been playing a ton and trying to learn what I can. I do have quite a bit of experience playing ARPGs of this sort (Grim Dawn, Titans Quest, 11 out of 16 seasons of Diablo 3, etc). I was advised on your build as a good starter and admittedly it has been fantastic.

I am having a hard time understanding why the major change at act 6 with the new red and green gem abilities and have managed by 63 to get to where I could equip all the gems.. I'm in act 8 and have not done the 2nd labyrinth challenge yet as I am just trying to get used to what I should do with this new setup.

Basically, what abilities should I have at this point and which should I get rid of? It seems like Whirling Blades is a good movement ability, but should I be meleeing now or jump in and out to activate the supported powers? The setup before this was working great for me as a caster, but I understand end game may require this to be viable. Also, this is my first real play through as I have only messed with a few 30ish characters to get a feel for the play.

Currently I have the following abilities:

- Enfeeble (with Blasphemy Support (active)
- Herald of Thunder (active)
- Discipline (active)
- Summon Lightning Golem (with Spell Echo)
- Arc (with Spell Echo, Lightning Penetration, and Energy Leech)
- Whirling Blades (with Faster Attacks, and Fortify)
- Immortal Call (with Cast When Damage Taken, and Increased duration) being careful not to level them past where you recommended)
- Decoy Totem
- Flame Dash
- Lightning Spire Trap (with Advanced Traps Support)
- Storm Brand

Now here I am a bit confused, as we loaded up
- Zealotry
- Wrath

Which as far as I can tell you never tell us to start using and it doesn't seem possible to use them. I opened up all the Acts and I don't see any mention of when we use these or why they are in a slot.

Am I supposed to go around casting and in harder fights spin up and hit the mob and take some damage to activate the Immortal Call and Fortify then get out of there? I see the spell combo seems to need Endurance Charges, which when look around the net I can't seem to get any info on how I get endurance charges as a witch. Can I get rid of some of these skills now? My hot bar is overloaded and if I die I have to spend a bunch of time activating things before I can re-enter a boss fight... Maybe this is intended, I am not sure, as a new player, some of the mechanics and playstyle are taking some getting used to.

Thanks for the info and the fantastic job on such a detailed build.

Последняя редакция: Slogexile. Время: 25 марта 2019 г., 9:13:52
Скрытый текст
"
Slogexile написал:
Hi, I'm a brand new player, been at it about a week and I have been playing a ton and trying to learn what I can. I do have quite a bit of experience playing ARPGs of this sort (Grim Dawn, Titans Quest, 11 out of 16 seasons of Diablo 3, etc). I was advised on your build as a good starter and admittedly it has been fantastic.

I am having a hard time understanding why the major change at act 6 with the new red and green gem abilities and have managed by 63 to get to where I could equip all the gems.. I'm in act 8 and have not done the 2nd labyrinth challenge yet as I am just trying to get used to what I should do with this new setup.

Basically, what abilities should I have at this point and which should I get rid of? It seems like Whirling Blades is a good movement ability, but should I be meleeing now or jump in and out to activate the supported powers? The setup before this was working great for me as a caster, but I understand end game may require this to be viable. Also, this is my first real play through as I have only messed with a few 30ish characters to get a feel for the play.

Currently I have the following abilities:

- Enfeeble (with Blasphemy Support (active)
- Herald of Thunder (active)
- Discipline (active)
- Summon Lightning Golem (with Spell Echo)
- Arc (with Spell Echo, Lightning Penetration, and Energy Leech)
- Whirling Blades (with Faster Attacks, and Fortify)
- Immortal Call (with Cast When Damage Taken, and Increased duration) being careful not to level them past where you recommended)
- Decoy Totem
- Flame Dash
- Lightning Spire Trap (with Advanced Traps Support)
- Storm Brand

Now here I am a bit confused, as we loaded up
- Zealotry
- Wrath

Which as far as I can tell you never tell us to start using and it doesn't seem possible to use them. I opened up all the Acts and I don't see any mention of when we use these or why they are in a slot.

Am I supposed to go around casting and in harder fights spin up and hit the mob and take some damage to activate the Immortal Call and Fortify then get out of there? I see the spell combo seems to need Endurance Charges, which when look around the net I can't seem to get any info on how I get endurance charges as a witch. Can I get rid of some of these skills now? My hot bar is overloaded and if I die I have to spend a bunch of time activating things before I can re-enter a boss fight... Maybe this is intended, I am not sure, as a new player, some of the mechanics and playstyle are taking some getting used to.

Thanks for the info and the fantastic job on such a detailed build.

K I can help you here.
You dont need spell echo on lightning golem at all, you can only summon 1 no need to cast it twice (later when you can summon 2 golems, we get flame golem cause the effects dont stack from 2 of the same golem anyways)
You are supposed to turn OFF Herald of Thunder and REPLACE it with Wrath or Zealotry. Though personally I think Herald of thunder is better until later on in the game (mapping essentially, I didnt swap it out until t5 maps)
As for the choice between Zealotry and Wrath, Enki does explain it in the intial post under the GEMS spoiler:

"
Optionally we can replace Wrath with Zealotry. It gives slightly lower damage, but also provides some crit chance and a chance to create Consecrated Ground against Rare & Unique enemies, which helps our Elemental Overload proc chance even further.

As an explantion, its easier to crit enemies on Consecrated ground, pay attention to your buff bar and see if you need more uptime on Ele overload to know whether to swap in or not

Your always a caster, you can whirling blades into some mobs to proc fortify but I personally dont use whirling blades soo not sure when/how your supposed to do this (I prefer faster casting with flame dash).

Immortal Call is basically just a safety crutch, it procs itself when you take damage, dont need to go looking to proc it (Its only a 3/4 of a second immunity to phys damage on a cooldown)

As for hotbar situation, ye thats how it is.
I have left click for movement only
Middle click as Vaal Arc
Right click Arc
Q storm brand
W Lightning spire traps
E flame dash
R decoy totem
And i Use T to cycle thru each aura and cast them and then also summon my golems from T (currently have Wrath, Enfeeble with blasphemy, Discipline and Herald of Thunder, which is due to the passive of this unique
)

I would suggest getting Blind Support (reduce enemy's chance to hit by 1/2) and Onslaught (grants movement speed and cast speed) support connected to your stormbrand, and get the rest of the support gems for Spire trap, though i assume the reason you havent at the moment is you havent found gear with the sockets/links, and thats fine.

Just as an FYI, you can equip 2 sets of weapons (swap with X) so you can still level up these support gems so that when you do find the gear, you can slot them in and they already leveled up.
Последняя редакция: DEagleEye007. Время: 25 марта 2019 г., 9:37:36
Very helpful, thanks for the post.

If I understand right, do we get charges from crits? How do we see them? Is elemental overload our version of Endurance charges?

I'm going to try changing out those gems and hot keys and see how it goes. I have spent the better part of the last 3 hours trying to understand what the mechanic is to assure I have Immortal Call go off when needed.

THANKS!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация