Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Enki, are you sure that dual void batteries wouldn't be BiS for this build?
I was doing some math and this is what I came up with:

Assuming these values:
400% crit multiplier
7% base arc crit chance
15-20% cast speed on whatever wand used
7 base maximum power charges
4% increased spell damage per power charge
player would not go over crit cap with either setup
220% base increased spell damage
515% base increased crit chance

Spell damage for dual perfectly rolled wands:
180% increased spell damage from both wands
210% increased crit chance for spells from both wands
208% total increased spell damage with 7 power charges
560% total increased crit chance for spells with 7 power charges

damage for x base spell damage:
Total = (0.07*11.75*5+1)*5.28*x
Total = 26.994*x

Spell damage for dual average void batteries:
-124% increased spell damage from both wands
115% increased crit chance for spells from both wands
362% total increased spell damage with 9 power charges
565% total increased crit chance for spells with 9 power charges

damage for x base spell damage:
Total = (0.07*11.8*5+1)*6.82*x
Total = 34.9866*x

So, according to this math, for the same character, upgrading to dual void batteries from dual wands with perfect spell damage and crit rolls would net a 29.6% increase in damage.
These results assume the player is around lvl 90 and has a good amulet. It does not account for jewels or max quality skill gems.
Since every source of "increased crit chance" and "increased spell damage" stack additively, the difference in total damage between dual void batteries and dual wands would drop linearly when jewels and high quality high level gems are added. However, dual void batteries would still be better.

Now I'm not exactly a veteran in path of exile and there could be many factors I forgot to account for when making these calculations. And, of course, each void battery costs about 4.5 exalts in the current league so maybe switching to them isn't worth it at all.

What do you guys think?

Edit 1: forgot that wands can also roll global crit multiplier. But even with perfect rolls (38% global crit multi on each wand), dual void batteries would still be better, not to mention that there aren't any wands with 30+global crit multi/90+crit chance/80+ spell damage/cast speed up for sale on Perandus (and there are only 9 for sale on Standard, each going for about 180 exalts).

Edit 2: fixed the conclusion, added base amount of crit chance and spell damage.
Последняя редакция: aerotsu. Время: 16 марта 2016 г., 14:02:10
I think void battery are the best weapon for this build. Enki is not running them because his ressistance cap are balance around his weapon. I got 10 power charge with my 2 void and my dps went up by a lot.
Hello. PoE newbie here with around 170 hrs /played. I have two questions.

It says this build does not scale Armor,Evasion or Energy Shield which i find confusing because there are quite a few nodes (including Ascendancy)that increase Energy Shield.

Second question is regarding Double Wand/Scepter/whatever. Is it really that essential to dual wield? I noticed there are about only 4 points put into dual wielding. Would it be possible to play the build with a shield? Personally i am having a lot of problems with survivability-especially against Bosses. Some seem impossible (Izaro,Argus,Malachai) without being overleveled.
Would it be possible to just shift some points into shields/something else or are there some stats on second weapon that are a must to make this build work?
"
ZhaQar написал:

I feel like the build is great solo, but usually in group settings I feel my damage is lackluster compared to other builds which clear mobs a lot faster. Any advice / insight would help.

I think if you would show your gear we can help you more. I usually dont compare to other builds, since others mostly have better gear, know the game better or whatever so I just enjoy the build I have and I really cant complain about damage, on single target, yes, it is a bit low, but kiting a boss helps a bit since I dont have that much life. Takes longer, but I wont die :)
@Creteau: Yeah, it's not a bad node, i just feel it would be wasted for us most of the time.

@ZhaQar: Ah, Village Ruin bosses, they are generally considered very dangerous. Please check out the bosses list in the mapping/gameplay section which bosses are considered hard, and check out their mechanics.

@Sandiaes: The posted Assassin tree takes all power charges, so no need to switch anything for dual VB.

@Fathervic: Witches unfortunately have no more space for a golem, unless you drop Vaal Haste. Other classes still use Chaos Golem.

@kewkie: Don't waste chroms on those uniques, they don't synergize well with this build. Just look out for life + resistances rares and you'll be good. Also, switch Faster Casting with Lightning Pen on Arc.

@aerotsu: With 9 power charges, you're getting 165% spell damage (9 x 25% + 20% implicit - 80% reduced spell dmg) per VB. A perfect wand with T1 spell damage, spell damage + mana, flat lightning damage to spells, cast speed, spell crit, crit multi can beat that. While that is definitely gonna cost way more than a Void Battery and may not even be available in temp leagues, it means such a rare wand is truly BiS.

VB's are really good for their price though, which is why i'm mentioning them as a great choice for all non-WB users.

@Sagidu: We take those nodes not for the energy shield, but for the other stats they give. In regards of the Ascendancy tree, we take those nodes obviously because it's needed to reach the build integral nodes behind them.

Dual-wielding grants you another weapon for spell damage, spell crit and a huge cast speed roll. A shield works too, but you'll lose lots of cast speed and that one more life roll you'd gain won't fix your issues with said bosses. They are very hard in Merciless on purpose and require massive overleveling for most builds out there.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 написал:

@kewkie: Don't waste chroms on those uniques, they don't synergize well with this build. Just look out for life + resistances rares and you'll be good. Also, switch Faster Casting with Lightning Pen on Arc.

Well it was 1 chrome on the boots, I like the mana reg, but I cant get warlords mark or poacher mark?

Which makes immortal call kinda useless..

Nevermind, used the wrong herald -_-

But switch faster casting with lightning pen works much better, thanks!
Последняя редакция: kewkie. Время: 16 марта 2016 г., 19:49:44
Hello everyone,

I'm kind of stuck on where to go with increasing my DPS. I feel like my surviveability is fine at the moment and though the DPS currently is good, i am looking for the next upgrade. I am considering buying a lv 3 Empower for around 120 chaos in the new league. Will this give me a big DPS boost? Or is it better to save for a Void Battery for example? Or a 6-link? My current gear:
@HermitAssix: Lv3 Empower would be your biggest gain at this point. After that, get a 6L chest then Void Batteries.
twitch.tv/enki91
What are the most viable defensive's in this build?
i got dual battery's etc and nuke shit down instant, but alot of mobs cna basically 1shot me with 3k hp and 1500 mana. so im kinda stuck in lower tier maps cos of low def
That's my actual gear. 42k dps on 9 charges. I've done a little change in passive tree and gone for next power charge near coldhearted calculation. It REALY boost dps on void batteries. I'm going for second void battery. I recommend you guys to stuck as much hp in gear as you only can.
I'm trying to sixlink my Kingsguard. It should help a lot with survivability.
I can facetank most of bosses on t12 and lower maps (only orchard boss is pain in the ass).
Btw - Maligaros or Facebreakers are realy nice but I like that great increased rarity from Auresize. With them I drop 1-2 pure exalts per day, on Maligaros it's rare as hell.
Последняя редакция: BurntMeat. Время: 17 марта 2016 г., 20:04:58

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация