Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Enki91 написал:
"
LawsonGD написал:
The new PoB is quite strange, and I'd like to try and understand the changes. Swapping Controlled Destruction for Chain support seems like a massive damage loss. Additionally, I'm not sure where all the unspec'd points are going.

I'm particularly confused about Ash, Frost, and Storm notable, and how the new PoB setup helps with our crits to enable EO.

It's a damage loss in Path of Building, but 90%+ of people playing this build didn't have enough crit to proc EO reliably, so they actually gain a bit of damage with Chain compared to EO. Chain also helps in situations where we hit our hit limit, mostly juiced up Deliriums and some Heists, by giving two/three more chains and the secondary chains.

Ash, Frost and Storm gives about the same damage as Divine Judgement, but for one passive less and with some minor resistances and 20% reduced effect of ailments on us.

From your experiences, how much crit do we need to proc EO using controlled destruction? I'm sitting at 8% right now and I find it mildly consistent, not as much as I'd like. I think getting crit chance on my shield should bring it up to 12% and that should be enough. I've leveled to 95 and took the three crit nodes by witch start, though.
Последняя редакция: LawsonGD. Время: 30 сент. 2020 г., 13:18:47
"
Ohmss написал:
One more question for now. Is Replica Loreweave's damage and life/mana bonuses potentially worth the survivability loss of lowered max resistances and not using CoD or something with offering?

Noooo! Lowered max resistances are terrible! Danger!
The only possible way I could see Replica Lorweave as viable is if the build is specifically built around it. You’d likely need Transcendence or Divine Flesh to accommodate the increased elemental damage taken. Even then, that wouldn’t be worth the fact that the chest just doesn’t offer us very much, especially for the cost.
"
Aldonés написал:
The only possible way I could see Replica Lorweave as viable is if the build is specifically built around it. You’d likely need Transcendence or Divine Flesh to accommodate the increased elemental damage taken. Even then, that wouldn’t be worth the fact that the chest just doesn’t offer us very much, especially for the cost.

I thought the attributes, crit chance for EO, up to 160 life and mana, and up to 50% ele dmg would be pretty useful all around for the build. Maybe I'll make my friend roll an aurabot and make up for the lost resists, lol. Thanks again.
"
Ohmss написал:
I thought the attributes, crit chance for EO, up to 160 life and mana, and up to 50% ele dmg would be pretty useful all around for the build. Maybe I'll make my friend roll an aurabot and make up for the lost resists, lol. Thanks again.

It’s all stuff you can get elsewhere. It’ll also be very expensive to get well-rolled. Even a traditional aurabot isn’t going to be of much use, because you are losing max resists, not just -all resist. Best case scenario I can see is if using it with Divine Flesh with at least 80% chaos res. Then the split damage will offset the increased elemental damage, but even then there is no downside to us using Divine Flesh with the proper gear.
"
LawsonGD написал:
"
Enki91 написал:
"
LawsonGD написал:
The new PoB is quite strange, and I'd like to try and understand the changes. Swapping Controlled Destruction for Chain support seems like a massive damage loss. Additionally, I'm not sure where all the unspec'd points are going.

I'm particularly confused about Ash, Frost, and Storm notable, and how the new PoB setup helps with our crits to enable EO.

It's a damage loss in Path of Building, but 90%+ of people playing this build didn't have enough crit to proc EO reliably, so they actually gain a bit of damage with Chain compared to EO. Chain also helps in situations where we hit our hit limit, mostly juiced up Deliriums and some Heists, by giving two/three more chains and the secondary chains.

Ash, Frost and Storm gives about the same damage as Divine Judgement, but for one passive less and with some minor resistances and 20% reduced effect of ailments on us.

From your experiences, how much crit do we need to proc EO using controlled destruction? I'm sitting at 8% right now and I find it mildly consistent, not as much as I'd like. I think getting crit chance on my shield should bring it up to 12% and that should be enough. I've leveled to 95 and took the three crit nodes by witch start, though.

followed this build to 96 in Harvest. in my experience, 8% is consistent enough to constantly have EO up. however i opted to use Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms to proc EO.

my Storm Brand 4-link setup is:
storm brand - curse on hit - conductivity - culling strike

culling strike is a QoL for sirus and conq, you can swap as desired.
Последняя редакция: CliffAhead. Время: 30 сент. 2020 г., 20:40:48
Sup, first time going this arc necro stuff, I swapped my domination necro after failing at Sirus 2 (first time failing so bad).

Still I have some problems/questions:

2. Struggling a little in T15+ maps, 5l and just swapped controlled for ele focus and get back some crit for EO, maybe with 6l my dmg will improve so much that EO not procing enough isn't a problem.

2. Testing out what to put in OoS, Storm Brand or Sigil, was using Orb but switched to sigil, now my mana regen seems low to keep it up with sigil, should I return to orb or give a try to Brand? EO right now doesn't proc very often to keep it up.

3. Testing also RF and Conductivity, was thinking on Enfeeble couse sometimes I get surrounded and stuns are a pain, even temp chains may be an option?

4. Stun problem, used to be stun inmune and now I´m getting a lot of interruptions, saw that Pantheon choice is Brine King to avoid stun lock but never used, and for the minor one is more situational so.

Anyway, great guide and I'm having fun since I left using arc back when you stacked crit and the ascendancy stuff was for the future.

https://pastebin.com/gZDSeFEn

Leave my PoB if someone need more details to help me out, thx in advance.
Sorry for my english, spanish is my main :P
Power and responsibility :P
I wanted to calculate the chances for EO uptime and after a while I realised I am not entirely sure how Spell Echo exactly works with that.

From the wiki: "Critical strikes are rolled once for both casts."

So when PoB or my character sheet says 4 casts per second, does that mean I am doing 2 casts per second for which crit is rolled and the second cast is just repeated?
So if I want to calculate "Have I crit in the past 8 seconds?" I need to halve the cast rate? Am I correct here?

Also for the people wondering how much crit they need there is a rule of thumb in the wiki for EO:

"An average of one critical strike every 8 seconds is achieved by performing 12.5/(Critical Strike Chance) hits per second. For example, with the minimum critical strike chance of 5%, a character who performs 2.5 hits per second will on average deal a critical strike every 8 seconds"

I don't know how this is calculated and I don't completely trust this because I don't want an average of 1 crit per 8 seconds (whatever that means in a probabilistic distribution) but instead something like "you have a 60% chance to have crit at least once in the past 8 seconds".
Given the numbers from the example I think it would be
1 - (1 - 0.05)^(12.5/5 * 8) = 64.15%
(1 - chance to not crit in that many hits over 8 seconds)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
When looking at crit you have 2 options: theoretical or practice. Theoretical assumes you stand around casting all day without moving, whereas practiced takes mobility into account. With Spell Echo if you crit, then the next cast is guaranteed to crit as well, refreshing the duration. An average chance to crit is also just that, an average, not a guarantee.

I’m sure there is some mathematical formula to express this more concisely, but if you were to cast 5 times with a 10% crit chance and only desired at least 1 to crit, then your probability would look like:

a = .10
b = .10(1-a) = .09
c = .10(1-a-b) = .081
d = .10(1-a-b-c) = .0729
e = .10(1-a-b-c-d) = .06561

% chance at least 1 crit
= a+b+c+d+e
= .40951
= 40.951% chance

You would then need to continue the trend for the 8s duration
Ok, this is pretty much what I did there.
1 - (1 - 0.1)^5 = 0.40951

I did not think about Spell Echo refreshing the duration though. Maybe I can consider this somehow if I need a better estimate.

With some further testing I figured out the displayed casts per second include the echoed casts. So I guess it is correct to only consider every 2nd cast for the crit calculation (and then somehow add the extra duration if needed).

The not standing still casting for 8 seconds aspect can easily be implemented by reducing the number of casts during the 8 seconds to get a better estimate what the practical probability would look like.

Thank you!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация