[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

Greetings,

I am doing some "fun" testing and it brought one question.

I tried the 2 curses with Punishment and vulnerability...by removing desecrate. Bosses seem to die way faster and map clearing seems faster too. But it may just be a trick my mind is playing to me.

I found out that I am having the same uptime with my offering WITHOUT desecrate. The only down side is when I am encountering a boss with no start up minions around I will get desecrate when he spawns his minions later in the fight...if he does not die before, what most boss do.

So, IF I do not go 2 curses or multiple offerings, what other spell could I put instead of desecrate in my wand?

Thank you
"
velvetpaws12 написал:
I really hope they take the route of buffing other specs and classes or balancing their game better to treat the disease rather than the symptoms. There is one main reason why people play necro in so huge numbers: It's safe. Yes, it has good damage. Yes, it has good clear speed. But above all, it's just super safe. I rerolled from my Stormburst trickster to Necro because my trickster had a huge chance of dying to Metamorphs in red maps, whereas with the necro you just summon your minions, stay away and chill, and then collect the loot. I can't say I am a huge fan of having so many minions on the screen with the vaal skeletons that you can barely see shit anymore, but it is without a doubt the best spec to play this league.

I never reached endgame before and thanks to this guide, I did and on a very small budget as well. I'll be a bit bummed if they take away from the player's agency simply because their balancing is out of tune at times. For us necros metamorphs are loot machines but for some other classes out there they are downright terrifying.

I play with a few friends this season a couple of them went ranger and another went shadow this season. A necro is completely unbalanced and I almost feel bad playing with them. We outclass them in DPS, have easier access to health nodes (let alone MOM), have minions to tank/taunt and have a ton of range with skeletons able to fight pretty far away. Evasion is just a broken mechanic especially this season with one-shots being so common. Something definitely needs to change and probably a lot of things.
"A necro is completely unbalanced and I almost feel bad playing with them"

WHY? Game is (mostly) about efficiency and fun is in the backseat for MOST people. We game to GAIN, either experience OR currency to keep funding your fun, if it's not efficient you (almost) can't progress.

I already said I don't think Necro is too IMBA; hell my torado shot Impale Champ STILL stomps ALL OVER my Necro for speed /bossing at about same level of investment, with OR without HH (if you care to check).

This is still by far my favorite Necro build, but I think Slave Drivers still had better clear, with the monster ele resist changes tho, sure glad I went PHYSICAL!!

Love you all
Hi thank you for the great build! I have a question, for anyone who can answer:

When I see on Raise Spectre, for example, or Animated Guardian, "Minions have +x% of x" like "55% more minion movement speed"

Is that ONLY affected the Raise Spectre minions that it shows on? OR, is it also stacking on ALL my other minions, like my Zombies, Skeletons, AG, etc?
Последняя редакция: profucius. Время: 27 янв. 2020 г., 12:03:58
"
Undisputed22 написал:
"
velvetpaws12 написал:
I really hope they take the route of buffing other specs and classes or balancing their game better to treat the disease rather than the symptoms. There is one main reason why people play necro in so huge numbers: It's safe. Yes, it has good damage. Yes, it has good clear speed. But above all, it's just super safe. I rerolled from my Stormburst trickster to Necro because my trickster had a huge chance of dying to Metamorphs in red maps, whereas with the necro you just summon your minions, stay away and chill, and then collect the loot. I can't say I am a huge fan of having so many minions on the screen with the vaal skeletons that you can barely see shit anymore, but it is without a doubt the best spec to play this league.

I never reached endgame before and thanks to this guide, I did and on a very small budget as well. I'll be a bit bummed if they take away from the player's agency simply because their balancing is out of tune at times. For us necros metamorphs are loot machines but for some other classes out there they are downright terrifying.

I play with a few friends this season a couple of them went ranger and another went shadow this season. A necro is completely unbalanced and I almost feel bad playing with them. We outclass them in DPS, have easier access to health nodes (let alone MOM), have minions to tank/taunt and have a ton of range with skeletons able to fight pretty far away. Evasion is just a broken mechanic especially this season with one-shots being so common. Something definitely needs to change and probably a lot of things.

I do not want to belittle anyone, but quite a few players think they know very well the game when they are not that knowledgeable and their opinion is baseless. To be good at this game you need to be in the top 20% percentile. Only the top 1% will be able to make it to ubers. Heck! Just look to who made it to 36 challenges this league and they were easier than last league.

I do not think they will touch necro. When you look at the %, yes it is used more, but it is not as bad as Cyclone was or how it was last league. Witch ALWAYS, in almost any game I played, was the most played class. If you look at the past leagues, Witch was top 3 all the time. Remember Winter orb? ;-). MOreover, the following league always see an uptick in the prevalent class of the previous league.

What makes Necro class apart it the lack of skill (and currency) a player needs to play it fairly well. However, to play it very good or excellent, skills AND currency are needed. With the new buff to uber elder and Atziri, an average player can not win without knowing the mechanics. Same thing with Sirius. The player will die 6 times before ending the fight.

Necro is the new lazy build (Before it was totem). Melee still is the poor type of gameplay. They fixed it with cyclone in 3.7 in a lazy way (breaking molten at the same time). I do think they missed their shot with bow skill this league simply because they made EVERYTHING hit harder so the buff was nullified.

As an exercise, just go around the players posting in witch section and look at their build this season. Most of them lack a lot of mid-range items, misuse of skills, less than efficient support skills and the tree....well... The numbers for the stats you see are the players with quite some play experience and are not the majority of the players for this league.

Thank you
"
kestak написал:
"
Undisputed22 написал:
"
velvetpaws12 написал:

I do not want to belittle anyone, but quite a few players think they know very well the game when they are not that knowledgeable and their opinion is baseless. To be good at this game you need to be in the top 20% percentile. Only the top 1% will be able to make it to ubers. Heck! Just look to who made it to 36 challenges this league and they were easier than last league.

I do not think they will touch necro. When you look at the %, yes it is used more, but it is not as bad as Cyclone was or how it was last league. Witch ALWAYS, in almost any game I played, was the most played class. If you look at the past leagues, Witch was top 3 all the time. Remember Winter orb? ;-). MOreover, the following league always see an uptick in the prevalent class of the previous league.

What makes Necro class apart it the lack of skill (and currency) a player needs to play it fairly well. However, to play it very good or excellent, skills AND currency are needed. With the new buff to uber elder and Atziri, an average player can not win without knowing the mechanics. Same thing with Sirius. The player will die 6 times before ending the fight.

Necro is the new lazy build (Before it was totem). Melee still is the poor type of gameplay. They fixed it with cyclone in 3.7 in a lazy way (breaking molten at the same time). I do think they missed their shot with bow skill this league simply because they made EVERYTHING hit harder so the buff was nullified.

As an exercise, just go around the players posting in witch section and look at their build this season. Most of them lack a lot of mid-range items, misuse of skills, less than efficient support skills and the tree....well... The numbers for the stats you see are the players with quite some play experience and are not the majority of the players for this league.

Thank you

I'm not sure what you are actually advocating for.
Whats up gets, been a while (like a week) but yesterday I got 36/40, so I'm officially done. This was my very first league (no joke) and this build was amazing, as well as all the theorycrafting in the thread, it made me learn the game a lot and get addicted fast. I'm gonna move on to play Monster Hunter for now and when I'm done I'll come back to finish the league with a fun meme build.

I'd say this would be my next league starter, but they're probably nerfing this lol.

This was the gear I ended this with:

"
Последняя редакция: idkwat. Время: 27 янв. 2020 г., 13:32:21

"
I'm not sure what you are actually advocating for

we are all scrubs and lucky to have picked a brainless, OP build? :-)

"
d3viant6 написал:
"A necro is completely unbalanced and I almost feel bad playing with them"

WHY? Game is (mostly) about efficiency and fun is in the backseat for MOST people. We game to GAIN, either experience OR currency to keep funding your fun, if it's not efficient you (almost) can't progress.

I already said I don't think Necro is too IMBA; hell my torado shot Impale Champ STILL stomps ALL OVER my Necro for speed /bossing at about same level of investment, with OR without HH (if you care to check).

This is still by far my favorite Necro build, but I think Slave Drivers still had better clear, with the monster ele resist changes tho, sure glad I went PHYSICAL!!

Love you all
]

It's more like I feel like they all know I picked a way easier class and then they frequently die and are really struggling with leveling even in the 80's. Like there has been a few nights where someone is 85% of the way to leveling up and it drops to 45% and they get pissed and go to get off.
How are you guys managing resistances, in light of Bone Barrier's up to +30%?

If you assume you always have your 10 Zombies up, you can aim for 45% in Oriath. But then, if things go southwards, and your zombies die, you lose a sizable line of defense. Also, this would make you more vulnerable to - resist curses.

Which amount of Elemental Resists (including the Bone Barrier's full bonus) are you comfortable with?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация