3.8| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Anointments, Redemption is Cheap!
GravePact is a little better, and a lot more expensive.
I have redemption because I upgraded from my Gravepact amulet :(

In the delve, this is the key to this build and it has been for many leagues.
Skeletons GUIDE your zombies.
Load zombies in hideout, drop skeletons in different places and watch those zombies run!
If you ever get in trouble, drop skeletons on yourself.
I always advise FROM DUST Jewel, find a way to fit it in your tree, then you drop 8 skeletons in one cast, gamechanging… Good luck exiles!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
stahs22 написал:

Can anyone advice with anointments? What is a best choice?

I think that the answer varies with your play style and your in-game wealth!

If you have 3 Golden Oils lying about, then there is probably a strong argument for Soul of Steel (but then again, if you have 3 Golden Oils lying about, you do not need any advice from me ....)

So perhaps the first question is, what Oils do you have. Early on I expect most Players toss on an Attribute Booster (they can be overwritten and so you may change your mind later if you are still using that Amulet). Diamond Skin is decent for levelling, but once your Witch gets the Bone Barrier Ascendancy, Diamond Skin loses a lot of its sparkle.

Personally, I had a Black Oil drop fairly early and I have gone with Combat Stamina - because I wanted Life and I like Life Regen (I made my decision by using the search function on the on-line Tree). Redemption is a fine choice too. And so I cannot really say what will be best for you, but if you have an idea of which key feature you want, then you could use the search and see what you can afford (it could be an empty set mind you).
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Hello Magots! I hope you're all having marvellous time slaughtering maps and getting better and better gear. Thanks for being so helpful to one another!

I'm not trying to market myself but there were a few that seemed to enjoy the video that I linked in my previous reply. So for those that are interested, I make a point of broadcasting my builds once a week so that I can download it and post the sessions on YouTube the next day. I get interrupted often during the early parts of my sessions (darn kids) but the maps get done. Anyway, just a heads up for those that like that kinda thing.

Off to replies!

"
"
GrunkleBob написал:
Скрытый текст
Great to see the Xbox performs as poorly as the PS4 :)
Nice video! Thank you, good to see the master in action.
I skimmed through and got the gist, it looks very similar to my playstyle. It looked pretty effortless and stress free WoD!
I was getting lag like that without Vaal Skeletons :(
I had to abandon ship on PS4, NOTHING ran past delve 150, or yellow maps, sad.
Butter smooth on PC though :)

Thank you for this, I will review it in more detail when I get some time!
Thanks GrunkleBob. I try and post a gameplay video of each guide once a week in their corresponding playlists. I do find my other builds don't slow down the game like Slow-Mo Zombies does but minions are always my favourite so I'll happily use them no matter the situation :). I'm surprised I survived so much lag though. I normally die when the game turns to a slideshow.
"
"
walkjohn55 написал:
Скрытый текст
Things that I like to see in a Build
SSF friendly
Starter friendly
"inexpensive"
flexible
at most four skill binds (3 plus room for a Movement Skill) used often
does not rely on mashing Flask combos
does not rely on keeping a Flask (or Flasks) up constantly
and of course, "capable" (I expect a Build to be "Shaper" capable without the expensive gear even if I might not be able to get that far with the Build).

Originally, I actually decided to try out the SloMo build based on the signature wording you had on your posts at the time (as opposed to looking through Build lists). I suspect that key words, even if not in the Title, would help direct Players using a search engine to find a particular style of Build.
Thanks walkjohn55 for the response. If you take a peek at the Build History at the bottom of my guide, do you prefer the old wording to the current wording?
"
"
Korpivaellus написал:
Скрытый текст
I hit pretty hard blight encouter in Minotaur map.monsters manage kill all my zombies and spectres.
Funny thing since they survive in uber elder fight.
No "bad" mods,actually pretty easy mods...
About curses i use only vulnerability with Blasphemy.
Also change CwDT setup>

There is always enough corpses to offering skill,almost always blight encounters monsters don't give usable corpses
Hey Korpivaellus. Ya. The center of the Atlas can be quite surprising sometimes. But it's normally the Guardian maps, some crazy Einhar beast, or Beyond enemy that can kill your "fleet". Even though those mobs are rare, they are the ones I think of when building my builds. But your build is quite different to mine and you seem to be doing just fine :). I like you setup! Great job!
"
"
Caligula_Exile написал:
Скрытый текст
Dear fellow Slo-Mo-Zombie-Summoners

How do you all deal with the boss in the map "Pit of the Chimera"? I just died three times in a row in the arena there, because my minions refuse to attack the boss while he is hiding in one of the clouds. They seem to not understand that they have to attack the cloud.

What I am supposed to do in there? I tried to attack the cloud by mself using the arc I have, but I die really fast during that phase of the fight, although I have about 6400 life.

Any suggestions? I'm really frustrated right now. Just two portals left and I don't want to waste the map :/

Edit: OK, at last I succeeded somehow. I just realized that I don't no have to attack the clouds where the map boss is hiding in, but to run through them. Definitely not a fun map, but a summoner can do it.

Edit 2: I guess I also need a better strategy for the Minotaur... no idea what I should do to survive that fight.
I'm glad you figured it out before your portals ran out Caligula_Exile. Good job. Some builds are stronger than others against certain Guardians or playstyles. That one is a tough one for me. And only the cloud part. I can barely see the clouds myself. But for future reference, when you see the clouds coming, just sprint through (Quicksilver flask) as many clouds as possible. But try not to need to "go back" for any. If the cloud you missed is on the opposite side of the arena, you'll have a risky sprint backwards.

Regarding the Minotaur, I just did the Minotaur in my last Slow-Mo Zombies session. If you go to the one hour mark of my last video in the Zombie playlist you'll get an idea of how it goes. It's one of those fights that you really have to learn because the boss's attacks can be dictated in a way. those that aren't familiar with the battle will quickly spread his lightning (which slows and weakens), his "rock slides", and his dive all over the map so that there isn't anywhere safe to hide. So the key is to stay as close a possible (without getting hit cause we're not tanky). Stay close but always try and stay behind him. His AoE slam is mostly in front of him. His dive (which is really hard to see with minions) happens mostly when we distance ourselves from him. His "rock falls" can't be stood in :(.) So, if you have to move away from him, hopefully, you'll be able to notice where he used to be. When I distance myself from him I don't normally see where he is, so I just assume he's diving. If you can guess where he's diving from remembering that he doesn't change directions underground. It's a straight-line dive. So try and move perpendicular to his starting point. When you no longer fear the dive, you will find the fight easy to deal with.

I hope that helps for future reference. Thanks for the post and the updates!
"
"
Caligula_Exile написал:
Скрытый текст
Thank you very much for the video. I wonder how you manage to survive down there in Delve... my Zombies are so over-excited and avid to run around, search and destroy, that my witch is left alone in some tough situations. The skeletons do help in situations like these, but I'd like my troops to stay closer to me, at least in Delve. Do you think meatshield could help? Or maybe Convocation in an unset ring?
No problem at all Caligula_Exile. I broadcast each build once a week and post the session (be it a good or bad session) on YouTube the next day. Just so that there is always a fresh look at the build for those that care. It also shows some of the changes I'm considering (which I hate doing but I always seem to) as I start thinking of the next league.

I actually haven't tried Meat Shield yet. I've been meaning to. I've been intending to try out a melee movement skill with Fortify and add in Meat Shield without (and then with) Feeding Frenzy to see how the zombies function.

I don't think Meat Shield would be better in Delve once you arrive at your destination and are fighting in a much more open space. I personally want my zombies running everywhere at that point. If it's the path to your destination that Feeding Frenzy is killing you on, Convocation would be great for that. The reason I don't use it is simply because adding that extra active button makes me forget all my buttons ;). Having 2 (Bone Armour and Skeletons) + Flasks is already pushing my limits :).

To me, the key to Delve is moving. Even if you don't have boots with movement speed, I find the only time I die is when I've stayed in one spot for too long. Even with my other builds, I'm constantly moving. There is just too much going on and too many enemies (and in this build's case, minions too) that prevent me from seeing all the Delve specific attacks that surprise me. I find that simply moving all the time almost always avoids that danger. It may be nauseating to watch, but it works.

Does that help at all?
"
"
thedemon44 написал:
Thanks for making this, I love your build. It allows me to play some poe again with how much less clicking I have to do.
Thanks thedemon44! I appreciate you taking the time to be so kind and encouraging. I'm really glad you've found something that works with your preferences. I'm always up for advice and suggestions though. So if there's anything you'd change or add to the build/guide. Please don't be shy. Thanks for the post :).
"
"
stahs22 написал:
Скрытый текст
Haha, well said :D
I used Ball Lightning with Greater Multiple Projectiles but now I'm trying Arc.

Can anyone advice with anointments? What is a best choice?

@Wrecker_of_Days
For attractive and making this build famous just use simple words (you already did that:)). What about words like "easy", "fun", "league starter", "no required items", "cheap" or something like that.

Regards

Something wrong with the last post, can't delete it :/ Sorry
Thanks stahs22. I appreciate the response. Those are good word suggestions. I'll be playing around with them for sure.

I would personally go for the Golem Commander node. It gives the ability to have a 2nd golem. So then you could have a second Carrion or maybe a Stone Golem. It's a pretty pricy node though.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Annoint Ravenous Horde.
Remove all those points to Ravenous Horde and go pick up Gravepact.
(based on not being able to have all lvl 100 points.)
IMHO.

Using ARC now also. Instead of ball lightning. Like it.
Sort of miss lighting up mobs off screen with ball lightning but for the extra shock value...like it.
I too am using Arc - because it is "fun". It does not seem to slow your Character down and it is a great barrel buster (works well in the dark too when you may not know where the barrels are). But I have never really acquired a great knowledge regarding Shock and so I am still wondering just how much it increases damage when it really matters (given that percent of monster health pool thing from the Wiki). I run a bare self-cast Arc with just the Curse on Hit (no Damage/Area related supports).

I tried Meat Shield on my Spectres - briefly - and then dropped it fairly quickly over concerns that it was just attracting Monsters to the vicinity of my (Squishy) Witch and inviting AOE Damage. And there is no way that I'm putting Meat Shield on my Zombies after all that wishing that they would be more aggressive in past Leagues. I tried Feeding Frenzy on my Skeletons but decided that I got more bang for the Socket from Melee Splash Support (this League, there is a ton of Minion Damage to go around - Melee Splash might be too much of a luxury in later Leagues if the Nerf Hammer is applied).

And as background for my comments, I an still running Vaal Skeletons on my 6-Link (with adjustments in the Tree to favour Skill/Minion Duration and no bombing).
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:
Thanks walkjohn55 for the response. If you take a peek at the Build History at the bottom of my guide, do you prefer the old wording to the current wording?

An interesting suggestion - I think that I would be most attracted to a mish-mash of 3.4 (the original text I think that I saw) and 3.5

3.5 - Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

3.4 - Super Slow Mo! (All content! No uniques required! Perfect for new, SSF, & challenged gamers.) (3.4)

so something like (good luck in Leagues 10 and up though)

x.n - Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[x.n]

but personally, I would sacrifice "Relaxed Playstyle" for something on "New&SSF", but that might be a minority opinion.

"Easy to Gear" and "No Uniques Required" might overlap, but they both seem like big draws to me.

I just want something that does not require me to take piano lessons to succeed, nor become a master trader and/or require zoom-zoom play - but is not going to flame out if I do reach higher content. The sort of thing that gets Nerfed if it becomes too popular ....

And now that I think about it, the {limited number of Buttons} really sounds good too - perhaps "No Uniques" might get bumped after all.

The current title covers most of the ground too - but as a concept as opposed to a "list" of features. This too could be the better approach. My guess is that the "list" might be better for Players using a Search Engine, and the "concept" for Players choosing from a list of Build Titles. Emphasis on "guess".
One click.
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:

Regarding the Minotaur, I just did the Minotaur in my last Slow-Mo Zombies session. If you go to the one hour mark of my last video in the Zombie playlist you'll get an idea of how it goes. It's one of those fights that you really have to learn because the boss's attacks can be dictated in a way. those that aren't familiar with the battle will quickly spread his lightning (which slows and weakens), his "rock slides", and his dive all over the map so that there isn't anywhere safe to hide. So the key is to stay as close a possible (without getting hit cause we're not tanky). Stay close but always try and stay behind him. His AoE slam is mostly in front of him. His dive (which is really hard to see with minions) happens mostly when we distance ourselves from him. His "rock falls" can't be stood in :(.) So, if you have to move away from him, hopefully, you'll be able to notice where he used to be. When I distance myself from him I don't normally see where he is, so I just assume he's diving. If you can guess where he's diving from remembering that he doesn't change directions underground. It's a straight-line dive. So try and move perpendicular to his starting point. When you no longer fear the dive, you will find the fight easy to deal with.

I hope that helps for future reference. Thanks for the post and the updates!

I actually haven't tried Meat Shield yet. I've been meaning to. I've been intending to try out a melee movement skill with Fortify and add in Meat Shield without (and then with) Feeding Frenzy to see how the zombies function.

I don't think Meat Shield would be better in Delve once you arrive at your destination and are fighting in a much more open space. I personally want my zombies running everywhere at that point. If it's the path to your destination that Feeding Frenzy is killing you on, Convocation would be great for that. The reason I don't use it is simply because adding that extra active button makes me forget all my buttons ;). Having 2 (Bone Armour and Skeletons) + Flasks is already pushing my limits :).

To me, the key to Delve is moving. Even if you don't have boots with movement speed, I find the only time I die is when I've stayed in one spot for too long. Even with my other builds, I'm constantly moving. There is just too much going on and too many enemies (and in this build's case, minions too) that prevent me from seeing all the Delve specific attacks that surprise me. I find that simply moving all the time almost always avoids that danger. It may be nauseating to watch, but it works.

Does that help at all?

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experiences and strategies with me. I do appreciate it a lot. That certainly will help. After finishing this post, I'm going to open another map with the Minotaur to practice.

Thank you also for your detailed evaluation of strategies and gem-setups in Delve. Probably Convocation on my way to the destination + keeping moving around in the arena are exactly the things I was missing. I'll give it a try :)

By the way, the Shaper was much easier than the Minotaur and the Chimera. I died twice, but that was due to my lack of experience. It was the very first time that I dared to face the Shaper. After almost one year of playing PoE. I was very proud of my witch that she achieved to kill this bad guy who had insulted her so many times. I didn't even care that all he gave me was a crappy unique that I don't need (the gloves).

To you, Wrecker_of_Days, and to all other fellow players: Have a pleasant weekend. Wrecker's guides and threads tend to be the most friendly places of this whole forum. It's really a wonderful community, based on mutual aid and respect.

PS: I just killed the Minotaur. Without even dying once. Your advices were just perfect. That#s the thing. Staying close to him, not in front of him.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Последняя редакция: Caligula_Exile. Время: 19 окт. 2019 г., 4:53:25
Congratz Caligula_Exile!

I agree about this thread and Wrecker_of_Days work. He made this build very very nice, all mechanics were well explained.

I mix my 5-link (I know, I know, it's only 5) and replace Minion Life with Spectres, because you know - Zombies never dies :)
I'm using currently Drive Spectres but with that gems what spectres should be the best? I have 4 spectres now, should take different with that setup?

"
Pip_n_Tip написал:
Annoint Ravenous Horde.
Remove all those points to Ravenous Horde and go pick up Gravepact.
(based on not being able to have all lvl 100 points.)
IMHO.

Using ARC now also. Instead of ball lightning. Like it.
Sort of miss lighting up mobs off screen with ball lightning but for the extra shock value...like it.

That's a nice plan. I'm gonna think about it, but for now i bought Redemption. Will see how it goes.

Someone have any advice how to complete atlas? I'm new here, don't know how strategy will be work :/
Последняя редакция: stahs22. Время: 19 окт. 2019 г., 6:14:03
"
stahs22 написал:
Congratz Caligula_Exile!

Thank you very much :)

"
stahs22 написал:
Someone have any advice how to complete atlas? I'm new here, don't know how strategy will be work :/

- Complete every map you have to get a higher bonus for map drops. Take care to meet the conditions given (for example: magic map, rare map, rare and corrupted map) to get the completion bonus.

- Have a look every now and then at Zana's store to see if she has any map to offer you don't already have.

- If you meet Zana on your map and she has a quest for a map you do not already have completed: Take adavantage of it and play the map for her.

- If you are in urgent need of a higher map: you can sell 3 x the same map for one map that is one tier higher.

- map bosses have a considerable chance of dropping a map. So it's a good idea not to spare out the bosses.

- last not least: There is no need to hurry. Play for fun, not under pressure. Everybody's Atlas will be reset anyhow by the end of the current league.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация