[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
zbomb написал:
Suggestion for the Staff:
Prime Resonator (4 Sockets)
Glyphic Fossil (Essence)
Aetheric Fossil (Casting)
Scorched Fossil (Fire)
Aberrant Fossil (Chaos)

I'm a little confused by the glyphic fossil. None of the corrupted Essence modifiers are particularly useful for this build and definitely do not merit the cost it adds.

Aberrant is for...blocking lightning modifiers? I am not convinced haha.

Aetheric+Scorched will get you best chances at +3 Fire Skills + 20% more damage with socketed spells. Can add Lucent to boost odds of Arcane Surge but eliminates chance at double damage roll too.

"
gvarph написал:
Just got this armor, what should I craft on it?
And do I still need the Fevered Mind jewel?

You want to craft 10% of Maximum Life as Extra maximum Energy Shield - Prefix

and you should be able to drop Fevered mind now. Just be mindful of any damage reduction from armour/pantheon/etc and any Mana reduction you might have.

Remember: 528 damage to proc CWDT, 132 mana cost with zero mitigation anywhere.

I have 162 Mana cost and it's plenty high enough.

"

https://pastebin.com/acBEcLuc

Here is a PoB where I manage to hit 805k damage hits with VD and no shock ticked, but, the eHP is extremely squishy, 6.2k ES pre-Spirit Offering; but with Spirit Offering up, and with Volatile Deads leeching as well as ES regeneration, I stand at 1.1k ES capped leech as well as 1k ES regen too, stacked with Spirit Offering regenerating big chunks of ES well, for some pseudo tankiness. With shock ticked (which I would assume we do on bosses right? with how Necro can shock enemies with corpses) I go up to 1,141k per VD hit.

Personally, I'm with you in how it doesn't feel very good to have so much less eHP with how much damage the build can already throw out. Only 7.1k ES with good ES gear I had laying around, so that is kinda iffy for things like Betrayal. I just wanted to fool around with an an extra damage flask and ES leech.

I definitely wanted to also try out a version with an ES chest comparable to yours, and to try out pure CI, but I did not have anything comparable to try out on standard.

Unfortunately we can't go CI with this build and still utilize Spirit Offering. So it's LL or Hybrid.

The shock effect in PoB is automatically 50% which is why we never tick that box.

Our shock is 20% base and gets improved by non-damaging ailment effect like Divine Judgement.

And yeah, I'm sitting at 777k VD damage. Once I get craft the chest I want, it'll go up to over 800k.

As for the whole ES VS Hybrid thing. Hybrid gets much more eHP in total as well as extra aura+BM support take up more socket space that we don't really have.

I think just stacking chaos res and about 4k-5k life is enough really. I have 59% chaos res, and will be 72-74% once I finish my new CDR boots and I almost never see my life pool drop. Chaos damage barely even tickles at this point.

Side Note:
Purifying Flame on CWDT can help with chaos degens if your chaos res is a little low by giving 100% uptime on consecrated ground at your feet.

TL:DR
Shavs can definitely reach higher damage numbers, I just don't think the trade-off is worth it.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 16:57:36
Any idea why I seem to cast slower and regain less ES after taking out the jewel?
"
gvarph написал:
Any idea why I seem to cast slower and regain less ES after taking out the jewel?

What is your mana cost? it sounds like you're not proccing on every cast, but rather every other.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
gvarph написал:

What is your mana cost? it sounds like you're not proccing on every cast, but rather every other.

139. It seems like I don't generate enough corpses for spirit offering for some reason.
"
gvarph написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
gvarph написал:

139. It seems like I don't generate enough corpses for spirit offering for some reason.

Well, at 139 mana cost you deal 556 damage to yourself.

You have some armour, and if you're using soul of gruthkul pantheon that can make it be not enough.

For example 5% from gruthkul alone brings it down to 528 damage. any more and you stop proccing on every cast.

And based on what I saw on your CWDT setups you should be fine for corpses. Definitely a mana cost issue if removing fevered mind messes with it.

Mana cost will go up at level 19 and 21 VD gem level. this should help too.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 17:54:32
"
Gryphenprey написал:

TL:DR
Shavs can definitely reach higher damage numbers, I just don't think the trade-off is worth it.

Yeah I definitely agree. I just wanted to try out the build in functionality with stray pieces of gear. I have some okay currency in BSC so I'm gonna try it out there, VD is op as balls for blight.

Otherwise, time to craft (or buy) a base crit ES chest and go hybrid.

I wouldve loved to use something like this,

but it has no crit so just ehp on it

or maybe an arcane surge crit chance chest and go dual wield wands

but using wands just really loses out on some amazing staff crit nodes... so idk, solid build 10/10

"
Gryphenprey написал:

Well, at 139 mana cost you deal 556 damage to yourself.

You have some armour, and if you're using soul of gruthkul pantheon that can make it be not enough.

For example 5% from gruthkul alone brings it down to 528 damage. any more and you stop proccing on every cast.

And based on what I saw on your CWDT setups you should be fine for corpses. Definitely a mana cost issue if removing fevered mind messes with it.

Mana cost will go up at level 19 and 21 VD gem level. this should help too.

Turns out it was the soul of Gruthkul
I'm doing LL version just for fun at the moment, just because I accidentally linked my staff that is not yet crafted (just arcane for the time being, which is anyway enough for every single encounter). I'm at 8.2k es with SO up which is all the time, ES regen is over 1k (with CG from Puryfing Flame) and I got plenty of ES leech from gem and tree and WE (15% fire penetration from anger and 30% maximum ES leech recovery from zealotry). Once I level up and get some things here and there I'll be over 8.5k es, near to 9k according to my calculation.

Lastly, to be able to run all auras (discipline, anger, herald of ash and zealotry) we need Charisma Anointing on Presence of Chayula amulet, check my gear.

I prefer also LL version because I hate inherently hybrid, especially those relying on leech, just because it's too much of a hassle, you need to take care of life and es leech as well as chaos resistance. Another advantage is that we got decent chaos resistance and stun immunity.

Here's my planned tree poeurl.com/cApV, remaining points can be dumped into es/str/dex/spell nodes whatever you need, in case somebody wants to build LL version as well.

Here's my current gear (+ Energy From Within jewel of course):

Последняя редакция: ojejku. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 7:14:19
"
ojejku написал:
I'm doing LL version just for fun at the moment, just because I accidentally linked my staff that is not yet crafted (just arcane for the time being, which is anyway enough for every single encounter). I'm at 8.2k es with SO up which is all the time, ES regen is over 1k (with CG from Puryfing Flame) and I got plenty of ES leech from gem and tree and WE (15% fire penetration from anger and 30% maximum ES leech recovery from zealotry). Once I level up and get some things here and there I'll be over 8.5k es, near to 9k according to my calculation.

Lastly, to be able to run all auras (discipline, anger, herald of ash and zealotry) we need Charisma Anointing on Presence of Chayula amulet, check my gear.

I prefer also LL version because I hate inherently hybrid, especially those relying on leech, just because it's too much of a hassle, you need to take care of life and es leech as well as chaos resistance. Another advantage is that we got decent chaos resistance and stun immunity.

Here's my planned tree poeurl.com/cApV, remaining points can be dumped into es/str/dex/spell nodes whatever you need, in case somebody wants to build LL version as well.

Here's my current gear (+ Energy From Within jewel of course):

prefacing this reply with: I love the IDEA of using shavs and going low life, but for the following reasons I have found it lacking. I do think it's a fine avenue to explore and perhaps I haven't yet discovered the best way to incorporate it.

That said, I think we have a different definition of a hassle :P

I have had no problems getting lots of chaos resistance, which yes is mandatory for a hybrid build or it can feel bad when you die randomly to chaos hits.

I do not need anything more that 1 source of life leech for my life recovery though as the majority of hits don't get past my ES and my ES recovery is insane. So the idea that having dual recovery is a hassle is foreign to me.

I have seriously considered using Presence of Chayula on this build as it is a boost to eHP and a lot of chaos res+Stun immunity. But since I have max chaos res and my amulet is my source of leech I haven't done this.

I use poison immune pantheon and other sources of chaos damage basically tickle.

My recovery is such that the only things that can kill me are the ones that one-shot me. And as a hybrid I have close to 11k eHP vs 8-9k on a LL build. I would rather have the bigger health pool.

The other point of contention is that the main draw of shavs in general is pain attunement. 30% more spell damage. Except...

Frenzy Charge Chest is essentially 12% more damage
Get that + Crit is about 18% more

And I can have the 10% of max life as extra ES bench craft which is in and of itself worth about 1k ES.

Additionally, getting good ES gloves with say, the added damage to burning enemies is either insanely expensive or non-existent. That's another 7-8% more damage missed because we have to focus on ES for health pool. Damage-wise it just stops being worth it.

Also socket space has been the biggest challenge for me with this build. Adding a blood magic + another aura....what do you drop?

I am currently using a 6L Curse on Hit setup and dual cursing. I added Enfeeble to my setup because, well, I was able to drop enlighten support when I got

Enfeeble providing an extra layer of defense against the dark arts ;)

Once again, I do want to iterate that I do think it's fine to play LL shavs, it is just not (presently) the best way that I have found. I also encourage people to play the game they want to play it to have fun. This is a game after all.

Hopefully you can take something constructive/useful from this rant.

Side Note: have you tried an ES on Hit watcher's eye? It's insanely strong for Delving in particular compared to the Zealotry mod that you have, which is also quite good.

Thanks for reading my block of text and for playing my build and adapting it to your own style. I love these types of posts the most because it means you're trying new things for yourself.
Appreciate long post ;) I've read it all. I think that at the end dps wise it's more or less the same thing, ll + zealotry, and to be honest if we had 1/3 of that dmg it would still be great. I just wanted my personal take on LL. PoC allows to use Soul of Lunaris pantheon as well, nothing big but much nicer than Brine King.

Getting crit + frenzy on hit on vaal regalia will be so hard. I will mitigate that drawback on LL using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bottled_Faith flask.

I'm already at 8.5k es, but testing some other stuff, and I just hit with 300 alts and one imprint that I didn't use at the end ;)

There's a chance I'll dump my first maxed zombie/skellie character that has like 70ex gear worth crafted myself on it and will max this out.
I was lucky with first craft for that character as well:

So will have currency to max out LL version, but unfortunatelly I'll be offline for the whole week, business travel.
Последняя редакция: ojejku. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 14:10:43

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация