[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
JermStudDog написал:
Yeah, I think you definitely want soul tether + glorious vanity while you have more life than ES.

When you get closer to 50/50 or anything that favors ES, it quickly loses its luster. And like I said, ultimately, I think ES wins out as your budget gets bigger and you're able to buy more and more ridiculous rares to carry more weight.

All that said, I've been mulling on this for a bit, but I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and transition over to a full ll build with a Shavs/Presence/Prism and everything.

I should be able to get enough aura effect on my passive tree to get 83 to all elemental resists. Should be able to run a level 25 Anger + Zealotry + Discipline in the Prism, and slap a Tranquility Annointing on the Presence, maybe even Thunderous Salvos, but that seems like it would be really clunky. (The simple answer is to just pick up Assassination).

My only real question is what weapon to use.

I could go with a doryani's catalyst and figure out a decent rare dagger/sceptre, but maybe the better option is to pick up the witch and templar power charge nodes and wear a void battery and look for a gg rare with ele as extra chaos + crit multi 15 exa level stuff.

I should be able to spend some time/money trying it out tonight, I think I should be able to get everything together in the next day or two and see how it really plays out in the end.

I'm at work, so can't do PoB right now, but the tree should look something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.8.1/AAAABAMDAA18D8QRDxFQFkAW8xcvGYoaOBqBGo8dFB2qIvQksCY8KU8qjS9vL5022DsNO3xBlkZxSRtJUUmxTLNQMFF0Uw5UrlXWWfNca1-wZOdmVGaea9tsC20Zb55wu3IPdwd7130YfdJ_xoCkgpuDCYRIhMWFfYcTjHaOZI9Gj_qQVZMnlG-boZu1nKSePKEvoqOmmacrrJius7QMtvq3MbjKuZO-isHFwwnDOsNtykrK09Af0PXVptfP2RPbXt-K4Yjquuv17BjsVe-I7-vw1fFs8h322vem99f5N_rS-wn-SQ==

I like it because it completes at 88 and has a lot of options for jewels (could pick up 3 more jewels for 9 more points) or just raw damage with Arcanist's Dominion/Fire Walker with 4 points which is probably better for damage, but doesn't gain us more ES.

Prism Guardian would be a good way to go. I'm still concerned by the overall lack of eHP (though a bunch of max resists is certainly helpful) and if 1H+Shield you lose a *LOT* of damage.

That said, don't forget to get all of the ES+Life hybrid nodes still (missing the two 4/5% small ones) as the life increase still boosts Spirit Offering Recovery.

Arcane Will for 2 points is worth taking.

If you can get away with not needing the 4% mana reserve node in the charisma cluster...consider just anointing Charisma on Amulet to save tons of points.

Also Shield Charge with Fortify is a nice buff and sicne limited to 6L you'll need to use a fevered mind so this won't mess with your Procs. Alternatively you can run the new Inspiration Support to less the damage you take as well as being a solid support choice for elemental crit builds.

EDIT: For those following the build and all the random tweaks I make...

MAJOR UPDATE INCOMING!!!

I think I have finally reached the epitome of what this build wants to do:

Reach a balance of stupid damage while also being tanky.

I am still working on how to implement this strategy at lower levels, but I think it's very plausible.

We have been using Spirit Offering to gain Extra EHP as well as self heal.

AND SO!!! As it turns out, if you have two offerings on CWDT they both proc and both technically grant their buffs. However, the second one to cast will take precedence and only its buff will sustain...

BUT

Spirit Offering still HEALS

This means we can set Spirit offering to proc first to mitigate scolds and heal ES and then have our SECOND Offering grant its buffs.

And for this we choose Bone Offering this gives me 21% Block and Spell Block and follows my current shift to more block chance to give us a very respectable chance to block--an incredible boost to our defense. I currently am sitting at 56/42 Block/Spell Block.

The downside of course is that we lose the 15% of Max Life as Extra Max Energy Shield (1.3k ES for me) and 18% all res bonus from Spirit Offering. I think this is a fine trade-off though.

If you wish to test this yourself, make sure the Bone Offering is Slotted AFTER Spirit Offering in the links. Worth noting they don't have to be in the same CWDT setup so long as Bone Offering is an equivalent slot after Spirit offering. You can look at my profile to get an Idea. (Check Gloves)

Added this video to the guide showcasing Bone Offering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URapCjzMQ0M

I also put Unearth+GMP with my Ball Lighting-Wave-Combustion CWDT setup....

GMP+BL might be a mistake for performance reasons. But man is it juicy. hahaha.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 26 сент. 2019 г., 3:56:36
Made a video for a 50c budget shaper kill. Daethless and instant phases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urvpHuEKSqg&feature=youtu.be

Edit:Made a video of a T16 map all juiced up with sextants. Added a 20c 6L chest to the setup when I did this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0YBA3wb75k&feature=youtu.be

A couple notes:

Yes I Was using my mana multiplier Scold's...not needed whatsoever. I dropped 3rd Aura entirely just because I could. I also did not use my Watcher's Eye

After the second mini boss I decided to go grab an Increased AOE Support to replace Conc Effect in the tabula because I was still using my leveled gems and two good rare jewels, but I still needed the mana multiplier for triggers.

Below is the PoB for this setup with level 19 gems on a 6L (tabula). Kalisa Gloves and Arcane surge buff effect have been manually inputted because those buffs are always active and is without including superfluous buffs like the 15% Fire pen from martyr if you've blocked recently. 229k average Shaper damage on this setup.

https://pastebin.com/jFNVQpJn
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 28 сент. 2019 г., 4:04:16
hey,

sorry to ask but i never played VD before.
what links should i use for leveling?
what i doing wrong, i get so much damage from regular mobs , i almost die 1 hit :(

here my Equip:

Just a thought:

Flesh and Stone Skill Gem grants Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed if getting the boots and belts is difficult in SSF.
Wanted to provide an update on aurabot version:

It's going pretty well, I find myself choked up on funds for the past couple days, and nobody wants to buy my old staff or loreweave, which kinda sucks because they're both VERY good items.

Anyway, even with this, I basically doubled my average hit on my balls from ~300k to ~600k. I currently have 81/81/82 resists and should end at 83/83/84.

I currently have 5780 ES standing in my HO and get to a fairly static ~6500 while fighting.

Perhaps the best part is that I have perfect mana reservation with 135 unreserved mana. I don't need a fevered mind or anything, I have JUST enough mana to do everything I want to.

There are huge gaps in some of my gear, for instance both the boots and belt are just placeholder items with a ton of ES, but it's surprisingly effective even with this situation.
Последняя редакция: JermStudDog. Время: 28 сент. 2019 г., 11:35:12
Hey Gryph,

you seem to have dropped cooldown recovery completely on your current gear. Does that mean it isnt necessary anymore?
Would help a lot in HC league because getting somewhat decent cdr gear is nearly impossible.

Thx for your response in advance.
Cooldown recovery has never been necessary. If you are consistently hitting the cast speed caps for procing CWDT and want a way to increase your boss DPS, it is the optimal way to squeeze out ~10% more corpses, and effectively up to 10% more damage.

But even if you have the CDR, you can ALREADY generate corpses by killing trash, and sustained boss DPS is already huge without the CDR.

Having CDR is definitely correct, but it is also a luxury to look for after everything else is in order.
Последняя редакция: JermStudDog. Время: 28 сент. 2019 г., 15:27:12
Any tips on dealing with mana issues?
"
gvarph написал:
Any tips on dealing with mana issues?

Try getting these crafts on rings/amulet

Also can enchant amulet with battle rouse (very cheap)

"
zbomb написал:
Just a thought:

Flesh and Stone Skill Gem grants Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed if getting the boots and belts is difficult in SSF.

Alas, the CDR is only for the skill itself, not global. Still good defensive skill though if you can't squeeze Discipline into the setup.

"
JermStudDog написал:
Cooldown recovery has never been necessary. If you are consistently hitting the cast speed caps for procing CWDT and want a way to increase your boss DPS, it is the optimal way to squeeze out ~10% more corpses, and effectively up to 10% more damage.

But even if you have the CDR, you can ALREADY generate corpses by killing trash, and sustained boss DPS is already huge without the CDR.

Having CDR is definitely correct, but it is also a luxury to look for after everything else is in order.

Pretty much this exactly. Though it's a bit more than 10% more. YOu can easily hit 5 CWDT procs per second vs 4/s base which is effectively 25% more DPS.

But yeah it's not needed at all. I think bench crafted on belt to help smooth it out a little would be plenty as I do notice the lower CD while mapping with no CDR.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация