[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Roselan написал:
"
Daerkenn написал:
Hello, any tips on what I could do to improve my damage? I kinda struggle against map bosses.

My POB just in case: https://pastebin.com/BPZZvTuK

You PoB looks scuffed to as it looks like you didn't start from a new blank one, but did import your char into shak pob.

Plus your pob shows you only did 2 labs...
Do your third lab
Take frigid wake
a 5L
you will have enough ES to transition to CI short after

but it's hard to trust the PoB you gave.

So I did my 3rd lab and got a 5L. Anything else I should do or should I just aim for more ES before switching to CI?

Also I think I fixed my PoB:

https://pastebin.com/2KKAPrss
Последняя редакция: Daerkenn. Время: 27 июля 2021 г., 16:59:29
"
LawsonGD написал:
@Roselan I'm fascinated by your changes to the build. I really want to reduce the number of active buttons (having to manually cast storm brand, orb of storms, and frost bomb is a bit much). I notice you swapped Vitality for Flesh and Stone. I was curious what Frostbolt was for in the CwC setup? Is that to reliably crit in place of orb of storms? How's the playstyle felt to be using CwC Cyclone in addition to vortex? Do you mostly play as a melee build, ignoring Normal cold snap and just dashing from pack to pack?

As a note, looks like you could move the Frost Bolt Jewel down by Soul Thief and add the Large Thread of hope to free up some passive points and get a second cluster setup.

For the Thread of Hope, I like to drop it myself. Out of principle.

For the aura gems, I swap a lot as I like to test thing around. This is the response to the fact that I was killed by shotgunning packs, not by degen. The enchant of my 2 first flasks solved most of my degen issues (I keep a mana flask of dousing around, that I equip just for the enslaver) (mana because more charges).

my keyboard layout is qwertz. I map cyclone on q, vortex on w and my enduring mana flask on e. I keep both kw pressed down when in pack or in hairy situations. I usually press e when entering packs. In addition, vortex is mapped to left click too. I find it extremely smooth to play.

Cyclone has inbuilt phasing, so it helps a lot if you have no phasing flask, plus it's linked to fortify. But the main advantage is the "pseudo spelllinger" setup, thank to a frostbolt (or gmp when you have elder fortify boots). It shots tons of frostbolts for your vortex to snatch on.

This has two advantages, vortex are cast a bit in front of you, making it is safer. It *covers* the full area in circles like ultimatum, ritual, delve. It's even more impressive with the vortex cooldown helm enchant. However, it can be annoying to to snipe a single target if your forget to stop cycloning.

Against bosses, I tend to uses cyclone - cwc - curse 1 - curse 2. This allows me to replace my curse on hit ring with a mark of the shaper. It casts each curse every half second of and on your cursor. This is massive as it's where you are travelling. Curses on a trigger wand will be cast at your feet, it's way less effective. But this league it consumes a shit ton of mana.

You need a scepter, some str, and as LL a shit ton of gem slots . We are already sevred in LL, and now you need four more slots. that's why unset ring, curse ring, fortify boots help so much. When I get rid of Rime Gaze, I krangle my cold snap setup. I just keep it around as a 2L to apply bonechill.

This technique allowed me to reach 1500 delve depth in metamorph as CI. It was born as my dislike of shield charge to apply fortify.

The good thing is that costs nothing to try it out. A bunch Lv 1 gems (cyclone - frostbolt - cwc) and a frozen trail. But's it's acquired taste, as it's not zoom zoom at all.
Последняя редакция: roselan. Время: 27 июля 2021 г., 17:41:23
Hey all, I'm on the 3.15 CI build and am working on things atm, but had a few questions.

Do we only use Defiance Banner once we get a trigger wand?
Do we value armor at all to utilize the Defiance Banner at all, or do we use it strictly for the 'less damage effect when placed' effect? I'm assuming we don't have space to fit armor rolls, since we want ES badly.

How the heck do you guys get orbs of regrets to go transition so much?
Is the Aspect of Spider Aura only usable once we go into LL?

Thanks!

EDIT:
I'm also going to just use this post for some notes for anyone interested in seeing a noob try out this build and his thoughts. As I've said before, I just hit the CI portion of the build and made some adjustments for my own person tastes:

-Removed Elemental Equilibrium. I plan to use this once I actually have enough damage to kill mobs, since it seems dangerous to hinder my damage too much this league (until end game red maps, on LL maybe).
-Orb of Storms for my Hextouch curse setup. This makes it easier to tag packs with curses, and I don't want to self curse. Storm brand only tags one mob, which annoyed me a lot.
-Dropped Defiance Barrier in favor of Frost Shield. Just testing this out.
-Swapped out Inspiration for Swift Affliction. More damage on PoB, just trying this out. Inspiration notable has a really low STR requirement though.
-I want to run Overflowing Chalice instead of a Granite/Rumi's. Will test it once I reroll some flask suffixes. Should be jank, and Rumi's is prob better but let's see :P.

Unsure if I want a trigger wand or not yet.

NOTE: This is using the 3.15 CI PoB that ShakCentral has linked in his edited post.
Последняя редакция: kirenasura33. Время: 28 июля 2021 г., 3:56:24
"
As a note, looks like you could move the Frost Bolt Jewel down by Soul Thief and add the Large Thread of hope to free up some passive points and get a second cluster setup.

For the Thread of Hope, I like to drop it myself. Out of principle.

For the aura gems, I swap a lot as I like to test thing around. This is the response to the fact that I was killed by shotgunning packs, not by degen. The enchant of my 2 first flasks solved most of my degen issues (I keep a mana flask of dousing around, that I equip just for the enslaver) (mana because more charges).

my keyboard layout is qwertz. I map cyclone on q, vortex on w and my enduring mana flask on e. I keep both kw pressed down when in pack or in hairy situations. I usually press e when entering packs. In addition, vortex is mapped to left click too. I find it extremely smooth to play.

Cyclone has inbuilt phasing, so it helps a lot if you have no phasing flask, plus it's linked to fortify. But the main advantage is the "pseudo spelllinger" setup, thank to a frostbolt (or gmp when you have elder fortify boots). It shots tons of frostbolts for your vortex to snatch on.

This has two advantages, vortex are cast a bit in front of you, making it is safer. It *covers* the full area in circles like ultimatum, ritual, delve. It's even more impressive with the vortex cooldown helm enchant. However, it can be annoying to to snipe a single target if your forget to stop cycloning.

Against bosses, I tend to uses cyclone - cwc - curse 1 - curse 2. This allows me to replace my curse on hit ring with a mark of the shaper. It casts each curse every half second of and on your cursor. This is massive as it's where you are travelling. Curses on a trigger wand will be cast at your feet, it's way less effective. But this league it consumes a shit ton of mana.

You need a scepter, some str, and as LL a shit ton of gem slots . We are already sevred in LL, and now you need four more slots. that's why unset ring, curse ring, fortify boots help so much. When I get rid of Rime Gaze, I krangle my cold snap setup. I just keep it around as a 2L to apply bonechill.

This technique allowed me to reach 1500 delve depth in metamorph as CI. It was born as my dislike of shield charge to apply fortify.

The good thing is that costs nothing to try it out. A bunch Lv 1 gems (cyclone - frostbolt - cwc) and a frozen trail. But's it's acquired taste, as it's not zoom zoom at all.

Very interesting augment of this build, I am testing this by myself now and it looks smooth, although I dont have much damage yet (CI).

I have some ideas for improvemnt on my own:
- If you have elder boots (with fortify), go for infused channeling (additional phys reduction!)
- I think I will test dropping orb o storms / storm brand in purpose of maintaining EE. Mark of Shaper adds lightning damage to spells - our level 1 frostbolt deals more lightning damage than cold (I am not sure if proportion matters, even if not its 50/50)
- If its too 'wild', we need a single mod with +x to fire or lightning damage anywhere - may be the scepter or ring. Our cyclone will apply EE then.
Последняя редакция: MrKossa. Время: 28 июля 2021 г., 21:04:54
Hey all,

Has wintertide brand been tested with the build? I was a fan of storm brand assassin and never got to try wintertide brand before. Could it be possibly be incorporated or be another variant in this build? Just looking for insight, other than that. This build is wonderful.
Just to those who want to explore the CwC variant, found myself doing just that as well and being the advocate of The Stampede I've always been I can't recommend it enough for any Cyclone builds that are unable to stack billion MS. Fell in love with it on CwC WI and it works just as well on this.

Ended up investing in a fair bit more in defenses as Channeling gives access to the Enduring Focus medium cluster notable, anointed Deflection in Stampede and temporarily using Sanctuary in the amulet, trying to decide if I want to go the Crown of the Inward Eye route or invest in an amulet worth putting bigger anoint in, currently undecided.

For those not using CwC give the small cluster for Enduring Composure a try instead, losing 1 Energy from Naught for a solid up time on 1-3 Endu charges is a very decent trade off.

Build feels currently very smooth, plenty of optimization left but it's been sturdy enough to at least not have many close calls at least in the t11-13 range in the brave new world we are currently facing.

Once I dig up a 6link Shav I'll see if I feel a genuine need for more damage investments but at least LL seems very pleasant.

Oh, also using 2 rings for frostbite and ele weakness, been considering Hextouch setup for them in some instant spell that can be cast while channeling but haven't found one I feel comfortable with yet.

//EDITS: added note about Enduring Composure for non-CwC setups, cleaned up a few typos.
Последняя редакция: kharadus. Время: 29 июля 2021 г., 13:14:56
If I get Vaal Cold Snap really early what should I replace/how do I link it
I replaced my creeping frost with it not sure how it would hold up pre 4 links though
I chose this build as a starter. In short, I generally like it.
I also liked the previous version (with it I was able to get closer to 8k ES), I also like the new version.
Clearing is sometimes meh, but boss damage is ridiculously insane from time to time.
Will follow the updates. Thanks, Shak!
https://soundcloud.com/allumino
How does the wand craft change now that cold multi is a suffix?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация