[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Was thinking to craft a life gained on hit ring to improve survivability/tankiness. Though I am still choosing from between life gained on attack hit and life gained on spell hit, couldn't decide which is better.

What I am not sure about is if the life gained on spell hit works with VD. And if it does, does every cast of VD count as one hit, or every orb? that will be a huge leech since we have ~10 orbs per cast. If life gained on spell hit doesn't work I'll go life gained on attach hit as we still have 14+ APS for cyclone.

So is anyone using these rings and know hwo they work with VD?

Any suggestions for salvaging this? I think I can still slam atk\spell crit but I don't think I'm going to get to craft 10% ES as I won't be able to remove the str roll without trying to get lucky right? :(
Последняя редакция: Superness. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 13:57:31
"
Superness написал:

Any suggestions for salvaging this? I think I can still slam atk\spell crit but I don't think I'm going to get to craft 10% ES as I won't be able to remove the str roll without trying to get lucky right? :(

Strength is a suffix, as are Offering and the crits. So you'll have to pick either of attack or spell crit and still be able to get Life and %life as extra ES crafted (after removing the life/def mod)

@Gryph : Btw, re-reading the CoC thread on reddit I'm having huge second thoughts about that part of the guide. It seems that in theory, having 12 APS is very bad with 14% CDR. You need to either have just under 7.57 or just under 15.14, the closer the better. And the example of 10.1 APS is being given as the worst dps you can achieve for 14% CDR with a 37.5% dps loss.
All in all it wouldn't affect us too much with Awakened Spell Cascade (since we would literally pop 90 VDs per second with 7.57 triggers) but I was still thinking that section might need a revision. (especially for before woke SC)

I'm not 100% sure about values slightly above the thresholds, kinda complicated topic. But 10 APS or 12 APS is probably far from ideal.
Последняя редакция: Woute. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 14:42:28
Hey, I'm loving the build so far!

One thing I can't figure out is how you fit all 4 Precision, Anger, (I'm using zealotry) discipline AND herald of ash.

Thanks again for a great guide!
"
Superness написал:

There is a way to salvage this. Btw. Will edit the steps into this momentarily.

First: IT may be beneficial to buy a new base and start over with a 6 white socket 6L Astral. That said, for information purposes you can use Harvest crafting to fix the chest you have right now:

Step one, use Harvest craft: Remove Life OR Remove Defense. I'm assuming the armour and life roll on chest is the hybrid mod? If not and it's both you'll have to do both of these.

What you're left with at this point is:
Explosion
Offering
Strength

From here you need to get the craft:
"Remove non-influence, add random influence"
This will strip the strength and add a random influence modifier from the Cursader+Hunter pool. This is a little bit of RNG as there are 3 possible hits that cannot be removed by Harvest crafting. That said, every other mod can be removed so you can progress from there. Refer to the guide in the gear section in the OP for the rest of the process.

"
TyDy написал:
Hey, I'm loving the build so far!

One thing I can't figure out is how you fit all 4 Precision, Anger, (I'm using zealotry) discipline AND herald of ash.

Thanks again for a great guide!

Enlighten 4. ^^

"
Woute написал:
"
Superness написал:

Strength is a suffix, as are Offering and the crits. So you'll have to pick either of attack or spell crit and still be able to get Life and %life as extra ES crafted (after removing the life/def mod)

@Gryph : Btw, re-reading the CoC thread on reddit I'm having huge second thoughts about that part of the guide. It seems that in theory, having 12 APS is very bad with 14% CDR. You need to either have just under 7.57 or just under 15.14, the closer the better. And the example of 10.1 APS is being given as the worst dps you can achieve for 14% CDR with a 37.5% dps loss.
All in all it wouldn't affect us too much with Awakened Spell Cascade (since we would literally pop 90 VDs per second with 7.57 triggers) but I was still thinking that section might need a revision. (especially for before woke SC)

I'm not 100% sure about values slightly above the thresholds, kinda complicated topic. But 10 APS or 12 APS is probably far from ideal.

What you're missing with the CoC is that we rotate between two spells and thus double our required APS. So the breakpoints are 12.12aps and 15.14aps
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 18:10:07
Hey Gryph! Question for you. I managed to get my glorious vanity, and as well as the corrupted soul, I have two notables that increase fire damage by 27 / and 33%. But not only do they do that they penetrate 4% fire resistance for both. So I get 60% increased Fire damage and 8% fire pen from those 2 notables for only 6 passives. Would you say that's something worth taking since I don't have cluster jewels yet?

Hey also gryph could you check my profile out and see what I should look to upgrade next? Thanks! I'm loving this build :D
Последняя редакция: cjbender. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 16:47:15
"
Gryphenprey написал:

*cracks knuckles* Okay let's break down some of this! :D

1. Regarding league start. Fair. Totally fair. I underestimated the cost of Eye of Innocence at league start by a lot. That said, I anticipated not having access to it for a few days but still. I also made this build with a general idea that it would just scale smoothly. Yeah I was wrong and have spent a lot of time figuring out the best way to scale it up to the Watcher's Eye. I think I inevitably figured it out pretty well. I would label this as a solid 2nd character (or level as something else/similar and transition later).

2. Kinda answered it in 1, but yeah. 2nd toon material for sure. Gives you time to pick up the major defensive pieces that way and would likely make it really smooth sailing from there.

3. Phantasmal Desecrate now provides 20% chance to generate corpses that have 300% increased life. Someone with more knowledge about average monster life in maps would be able to tell me if this is better than the monsters in your average map or not. If it is (I think it probably is?) then it's still worth. That said, I am also slowly working on my gear which includes and unset ring for a raise specter gem with Primal Crushclaw and...there's another one from Harvest that has insane life as well. Just to add these to the desecrate pool for massive DPS boost. I may find a 2L somewhere for meatshield even if I think it's needed (can't hurt).

Anyways, thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the build :D

PS. I was the guy asking all the questions pre league on youtube saying that I'll see you on the leaderboards. TY again for all the great info pre and post league.
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Superness написал:

I appreciate your help. I'm thinking: prefixes can't be changed -> remove non-influence \ add influence and hope it doesn't hit %increased intelligence. Kinda spendy but it has a pretty good chance to work unless you have a better idea.
"
Superness написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Superness написал:

I appreciate your help. I'm thinking: prefixes can't be changed -> remove non-influence \ add influence and hope it doesn't hit %increased intelligence. Kinda spendy but it has a pretty good chance to work unless you have a better idea.

Ok, updated the post above for you. Would have been done sooner but I have been having internet problems all day. Finally got that resolved and here we are! :D

"
viper9494 написал:

PS. I was the guy asking all the questions pre league on youtube saying that I'll see you on the leaderboards. TY again for all the great info pre and post league.

hey! Nice :D

I don't get to dive into new leagues as fast as I'd like to these days (3 kids lmao) but I'm happy to give feedback/help as I am able. Glad you're enjoying the build!
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 18:15:21
For anyone checking out this guide - 5 STARS!!!

The build itself is an absolute monster. Gryph has been my "go-to" for league content since 3.7 - found his CI Vortex Trickster guide and have been following his wisdom ever since.

Every league start, mid league - he is always paying attention to his content and updating / engaging with his community. If you have not checked out his YouTube or Twitch channel he is always answering questions over there too.

Highly accessible and game knowledgeable. I have been playing for 3 years and still feel like a NOOB! He makes it all make sense.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация