Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I've finished up the acts and began to transition to the end-game gem set-up. Do we really have Herald of Ice, Clarity, and Zealotry? With all three activated it's so much mana reservation I'm unable to even cast Arc. Should I be aiming for more int/mana on gear, turn off an aura for a while, or did I read the gem setup incorrectly?
Are the bosses easier if you are playing SSF? I don't particularly want to get into the whole trading system, it just seems more natural to play with what you can find/craft.
In the leveling portion at the beginning of act 3 you say to look for a staff. What should we be looking for when it comes to mods on a staff, it seems like double wielding wands outperforms any staff I find.
Hey really like the new look of the build! Great job.
1 question though a friend of mine suggested that I should get triple Primordial Eminence Jewels and Anima stone to get 6 golems buffing me. Will that be worth it?
Thank you!
"
sceiler написал:

Will this get easier or are my expectations just flawed having played a minion build last league?

Скрытый текст
Both, I'd say. It will get better later on. But your expectations are also flawed. Last league was pretty much minion build meta and they were completely op on top of the fact that minion builds oftentimes are considered to be easy-mode to begin with, since your minions practically do everything for you while you just steamstroll through the game.

I mean, of course this is about to happen, when someone picks the most op meta build around and next tries a rather normal build. I heard Enki point this out a couple of times already and I share his sentiment on this: It's not going to do beginners any good, because it gives em a false sense for difficulty of the game and they're not required to learn the boss mechanics properly for example. Every 'normal' build will feel rough afterwards. You basically spoiled yourself.

"
sceiler написал:

everything stronger needs me to cast arc a second time.

Of course you have to cast a spell a second time when fighting something stronger than trash mobs. You can't expect to be able to kill everything with a single mouse click. xD Especially in this league, where they buffed enemies across the board, this won't happen.

"
sceiler написал:

the playstyle is supposed to be just to use arc right? Why do we socket orb of storm and steelskin? Orb doesn't seem to do much damage and with all the movement involved in boss fights the boss won't even stay in place to get damaged. Steelskin also has a short duration...

I haven't sifted through the entire updated build yet, but iirc we drop OoS later on. But until then, you should use it. Yes, it's stationary, so you have to reposition it every now and then. Yes, this actually means you have to use a second skill and cast that more than once as well :P It's also not just about the damage that OoS deals. It's also about the buffs it grants you. I think, you're supposed to link it to Onslaught Support iirc?

The selfcast Steelskin, I do agree with you tho. I've never done this before myself and I don't know what to think of it. I doubt that it'll work out at all for me and do me any good. I might drop it completely and/or try to come up with some solution that includes Cwdt. I really don't know yet.
Do you think that this build can handle "boss buff" and Metamorphs in this league? Im just thinking on medium budget as im terrible farmer.

(I wonder how ppl reach 60 lvl in 3 hours while I sit at 30 lvl, thats show how I'm bad)
"
Ejdzej

ta wersja jest zła w tej lidze...
"
Cendrake написал:
"
sceiler написал:

Will this get easier or are my expectations just flawed having played a minion build last league?

Скрытый текст
Both, I'd say. It will get better later on. But your expectations are also flawed. Last league was pretty much minion build meta and they were completely op on top of the fact that minion builds oftentimes are considered to be easy-mode to begin with, since your minions practically do everything for you while you just steamstroll through the game.

I mean, of course this is about to happen, when someone picks the most op meta build around and next tries a rather normal build. I heard Enki point this out a couple of times already and I share his sentiment on this: It's not going to do beginners any good, because it gives em a false sense for difficulty of the game and they're not required to learn the boss mechanics properly for example. Every 'normal' build will feel rough afterwards. You basically spoiled yourself.

"
sceiler написал:

everything stronger needs me to cast arc a second time.

Of course you have to cast a spell a second time when fighting something stronger than trash mobs. You can't expect to be able to kill everything with a single mouse click. xD Especially in this league, where they buffed enemies across the board, this won't happen.

"
sceiler написал:

the playstyle is supposed to be just to use arc right? Why do we socket orb of storm and steelskin? Orb doesn't seem to do much damage and with all the movement involved in boss fights the boss won't even stay in place to get damaged. Steelskin also has a short duration...

I haven't sifted through the entire updated build yet, but iirc we drop OoS later on. But until then, you should use it. Yes, it's stationary, so you have to reposition it every now and then. Yes, this actually means you have to use a second skill and cast that more than once as well :P It's also not just about the damage that OoS deals. It's also about the buffs it grants you. I think, you're supposed to link it to Onslaught Support iirc?

The selfcast Steelskin, I do agree with you tho. I've never done this before myself and I don't know what to think of it. I doubt that it'll work out at all for me and do me any good. I might drop it completely and/or try to come up with some solution that includes Cwdt. I really don't know yet.

I found that steelskin helps a bit with survivability in front of a boss. I just finished act 5 and the bosses where just hard. They were buffed a lot and arc just does not cut it with this low single target damage. Any idea how to change that?
"
sceiler написал:

I found that steelskin helps a bit with survivability in front of a boss. I just finished act 5 and the bosses where just hard. They were buffed a lot and arc just does not cut it with this low single target damage. Any idea how to change that?

Скрытый текст
I actually finished Act 5 myself just a couple minutes ago and I honestly didn't have the feeling they were immensely harder compared to what they were before. I just did e.g. Innocence and Kitava deathless in a reasonable amount of time.

And mind you, I'm still running around with 3L-Arc, no Golems and generally awful gear and screwed up gem setups. I didn't take care at all about that stuff until now.

So I really don't know... maybe it is really false expectations you have. Personally, I never experienced Selfcast-Arc as the uber-boss-killer anyway. Been playing it for several leagues now. Its greatest advantage is the clearspeed. It's just not one of the builds where you measure your damage in shapers per second or a minion build from last league. It's totally not comparable. When it comes to big boss fights, you actually have to get to know the mechanics, try to keep moving and evade stuff. You cannot facetank and fights do take longer than with skills that fare better at single target (let alone a minion build where the minions do all the fighting for you). Bosses are supposed to be hard. That's exactly what GGG was trying to tackle with this league.

Apart from a few buffed bosses there's also the league mechanic, which I haven't looked into yet much. But I guess you have to be careful what kind of metamorph boss you assemble there. If you blindly throw stuff together without watching out for what mods it has, you might end up with a foe that's totally wiping the floor with you.

If you set your profile to show your characters, people here might have a look at it, in case there's something wrong with your gear or something like that.

Usually it does get better later when you incrementally work towards the right gear, have all gem setups in order and your ascendancies etc. That's the case with every build.
Последняя редакция: Cendrake. Время: 14 дек. 2019 г., 17:01:30
I noticed that in leveling you take Elemental Overload, but it's not in your final build.

Are we supposed to revert out of this once we go into maps?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация